PDA

View Full Version : 3.6.28.0 Bug: The Dancing Weapon Menu

shizlak
5 Jul 2007, 21:40
The in game weapon menu now dances for me when I pick a weapon. By this i mean it wildly gitters left to right. And i don't mean the gitter is like a 1 pixel move, This thing is moshing all the way left and right of the screen, until it works its way off the LEFT SIDE of the screen. As soon as I right click it starts.... It's funny and all but it's also kind of distracting..

Edit: I just had 2 dancing weapon menus at once.. Please help ><

Another Edit: Is there anyway to make this show up in a replay?

More edits: It's definitely a problem with the sliding animation. Whenever it tries to slide away it goes haywire. If i try to record it with fraps the gittering stops and it smoothly slides away to whichever side of the screen its closest too, like recording it is interfering with it freaking out. Odd.

AMD X2 3800
GeForce 6200 (162.18 drivers)
Windows XP 32 bit
1280x1024

CyberShadow
5 Jul 2007, 23:09
Do you have any macro or mouse gesture programs installed?

shizlak
6 Jul 2007, 02:49
Nope. no mouse software or anything like that installed. It started right after i patched.

plaf
6 Jul 2007, 03:39
If i try to record it with fraps the gittering stops and it smoothly slides away to whichever side of the screen its closest too, like recording it is interfering with it freaking out. Odd.

if observing affects the result, clearly there's some quantum factor in your problem

robowurmz
6 Jul 2007, 07:30
Do you run ANY background programs at all? If so, tell us.

Run
6 Jul 2007, 08:24
The left side of the screen? So it migrates all the way across? Press pause/break and get some screenshots of that! It sounds hilarious from a "i'm glad it's not me" perspective

At least you found a temporary fix (running fraps)

shizlak
6 Jul 2007, 15:28
Running fraps isn't a temporary fix because i have to record it for it to stop, which slows my computer to a crawl. I normally run 2 background programs, Hamachi and Pidgin (gaim) and turning those off didn't help.

Again, it only started when i upgraded to 3.6.28.0. I made a second directory and installed 3.6.25.6 and that works fine.

Heres a pic of the menu going for a stroll.

franpa
6 Jul 2007, 15:35
so it bounces at a calm gliding speed? or rapid and hard to see at all? and only left to right and vice versa?

shizlak
6 Jul 2007, 15:38
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wp1_Z_ZCS0I

there^^
I took that with my phone, so just imagine a higher fps (the gitter is a little smoother in person). All i do is right click and pick something (or right click again to close it) and it starts.

Muzer
6 Jul 2007, 16:18
Lol!!!!!!!!!!

franpa
6 Jul 2007, 16:59
that appears as tho the command to move it to the right is interrupted thus reseting it to moving to the left then attempting to close it again which also fails thus it progresses across.

moving menu to the left is done fine yet moving to the right is cut short thus it ends in a loop.

Metal Alex
6 Jul 2007, 17:15
that is so awesome and at the same time, annoying.

Run
6 Jul 2007, 17:22
hahahahahhahahahaahha

sorry, it must be a real pain in the neck, but it's just so hilarious

Rodent
6 Jul 2007, 19:16
Did you tryed reinstaling game? When I find problem like that I save my team, level, scheme etc. files and reinstal worms...

shizlak
6 Jul 2007, 19:52
Did you tryed reinstaling game? When I find problem like that I save my team, level, scheme etc. files and reinstal worms...
Yeah if i do a fresh install and patch to 3.6.28.0 it doesn't go away. I'm using an old patch for now.

Rodent
6 Jul 2007, 19:55
Maybe you had intreupts while downloading patch and data is damaged? I don't have any more possible reasons for your problem...

shizlak
6 Jul 2007, 20:36
Maybe you had intreupts while downloading patch and data is damaged? I don't have any more possible reasons for your problem...

MD5s match

CyberShadow
7 Jul 2007, 03:58
Well, this is probably related to this:
Cursor movement within the weapon panel, and the motion of the panel itself, is now smooth (as opposed to being updated only 50 times per second).
Is VSync enabled in your video card control panel's options?
It's easy to find out with FRAPS' frame rate display - on fast computers it won't be faster than your screen's refresh rate.
If it's off (FRAPS shows a larger number than your monitor refresh rate), try turning it on.

shizlak
7 Jul 2007, 15:04
Vsync was set to application control. Forcing it off makes the window slide faster and smoother across the screen. Forcing on has no effect.

SilPho
18 Jul 2007, 13:04
Was there a fix for this? My friend is now having the same problem...

vincint
30 Jul 2007, 21:29
I am also having this issue.

I have found that if you DO NOT MOVE the mouse when you right click to open or close the weapon panel, and keep the mouse STILL until it has appeared/disappeared completely it tends to not go crazy.

However it is very annoying and most of the time when it does happen it flies all the way off to the left and does not come back for a few minutes.

Squirminator2k
31 Jul 2007, 01:55
that appears as tho the command to move it to the right is interrupted thus reseting it to moving to the left then attempting to close it again which also fails thus it progresses across.

moving menu to the left is done fine yet moving to the right is cut short thus it ends in a loop.

Yes, that's obviously it. I am so glad you are here to share your quite intimate knowledge of the Worms Armageddon source code, franpa. How would we find out anything otherwise?

I've not had this issue, but it looks hilariously annoying. I'll have a play with some of my graphics card settings and see if I can reproduce it.

vincint
31 Jul 2007, 17:18
it's hilarious for the first time or two... then that adjective drops off and it's just good old fashioned annoying

SilPho
7 Aug 2007, 22:07
Still no luck with this then?

If fixing the bug is difficult, could a registry edit in the tweaks folder be used to revert the weapons menu sliding to the older style? (This is assuming no cases of this bug were around with the 3.6.26.5 patch).

assassda
28 Aug 2007, 10:22
I just upgraded and i am experiencing this problem too!

I can replicate it too!
anytime I open the weapons menu and press Left or Right it freaks out
please do something about this because it seriously hinders gameplay

Nvidia GeForce 7950
Windows XP SP1

Deadcode
1 Oct 2007, 04:28
Could someone who has this problem please contact me (through PM or email)? I'm stumped by it, and would like to diagnose it so I can implement a true fix rather than a workaround.