PDA

View Full Version : Anybody got original files?

Eternity
17 Mar 2007, 01:48
My friend was telling me how I could cheat in the levels, and changed the weapons available for the missions in notepad
I don't know how to change them back and I lost the install disc a long time ago

Can anybody send me original files?? :(

[UFP]Ghost
17 Mar 2007, 02:23
I lost the install disc a long time ago(

Eternity
17 Mar 2007, 02:55
:( :( :( :( :(

Eternity
17 Mar 2007, 02:59
EGAD!!
I just ran the latest patch for WA and now I can't play at all!
I just screwed myself......

"Please insert the Worms Armageddon CD-ROM in the drive."

goddamnit...

SupSuper
17 Mar 2007, 03:22
If you could play without the install disc before then you had a cracked game, and needless to say that's not supported around here.

franpa
17 Mar 2007, 07:45
well, it is if you have the install disc :P cause then all we have to say is re-install from the cd :D

Chip
17 Mar 2007, 10:21
Hey, I've just looked at the CD contents and I can view the missions events, I never knew that.

(But now that I've done all the missions and unlocked the full wormage, is there any real point for me to copy my own CD and modify the missions.wam files? I don't ever replay the missions you see)

Muzer
17 Mar 2007, 10:39
No, but you could use wkfileoverride

franpa
17 Mar 2007, 12:27
Hey, I've just looked at the CD contents and I can view the missions events, I never knew that.

(But now that I've done all the missions and unlocked the full wormage, is there any real point for me to copy my own CD and modify the missions.wam files? I don't ever replay the missions you see)

unless you are not a amature at editing that stuff then theres no point in doing that.

Distrance
17 Mar 2007, 15:39
if you own the oringal disk just make an iso file and run it from a virtual cd drive. I use Alcohol 120. it makes the image and does the virtual cd emulation.

I don't know how to change them back and I lost the install disc a long time ago

I wonder what he just said

bonz
17 Mar 2007, 18:09
I lost the install disc a long time ago
Without the original install disk you are not eligible to play this game.
(And you obviously don't own the Trymedia download version, since you could have easily reinstalled.)

SilPho
17 Mar 2007, 20:04
Which means your only option is to buy a new CD. Don't download the Trymedia version because it won't work online, and chances are it won't work with any future patches.

Distrance
17 Mar 2007, 22:21
If you still have the orignal reciet from where you bought it from you are legally able to download a copy of it. Well atleast here in the US we can.

Really..REALLY...I dont think so..

Run
17 Mar 2007, 22:26
http://www.nanacide.com/images/Emoticons/words.gif

thomasp
17 Mar 2007, 22:44
If you still have the orignal reciet from where you bought it from you are legally able to download a copy of it. Well atleast here in the US we can.
But that won't solve the problem of not being able to patch the game, since you need the CD to patch it.

thomasp
18 Mar 2007, 00:01
Double post because some posts got deleted :p

Posting details on how to obtain and then crack a Team17 game is STRICTLY against forum rules. Therefore, infraction points have been issued to the offender(s) and where appropriate, Being Watched statuses and reduced access have been applied.

evilworm2
18 Mar 2007, 01:13
Sorry for giveing the info on how to to legally dl it in some countries.
Can you name at least one country where downloading copyrighted stuff is legal?
You must live in a totally different universe.

Muzer
18 Mar 2007, 07:05
HOORAY! FINALLY! TRIPPENZ IS BEING WATCHED! THAT'S ONLY ONE STEP AWAY FROM BANNED *DANCES AROUND MERRILY*

I agree with evilworm, even though I had been offered a downloadable ISO for WA I denied it when my CD got completely mauled by my CD drive, and instead bought a new one. THEY'RE ONLY £4.99 FOR GOD'S SAKE! THAT ISN'T EXACTLY GONNA BREAK THE BANK!

thomasp
18 Mar 2007, 11:06
Sorry for giveing the info on how to to legally dl it in some countries. but i see your point as into people pirating the game.
Let me repeat for people who appear hard of hearing.

GIVING information on HOW to ILLEGALLY obtain a Team17 game on THEIR OFFICIAL forums is AGAINST THE FORUM RULES

I'm pretty sure what you think is legal isn't legal in the UK, and as that's where I'm based, and Team17 are based, therefore it's against forum rules.

evilworm2
18 Mar 2007, 14:43
HOORAY! FINALLY! TRIPPENZ IS BEING WATCHED! THAT'S ONLY ONE STEP AWAY FROM BANNED *DANCES AROUND MERRILY*
Uh. Don't think we get rid of him soon. Even if he gets banned *crosses fingers*, he'll come back with a different nick.

MrBunsy
18 Mar 2007, 14:51
Legal/illegal makes no jot of difference to the forum rules though. This ain't a democracy.

evilworm2
18 Mar 2007, 14:58
That just means all I have to do is talk to CS about what I CAN and CAN't post before posting on the matter.
What about thinking?

MrBunsy
18 Mar 2007, 15:01
As much as Cybershadow's done some brilliant work for WA, he's not, as far as I am aware, a moderator or admin on these forums. So I don't quite see how he can 'authorise' that sort thing beyond advice.

Besides, talking about what's legal and not legal to download is ever so slightly different to posting links to such material.

evilworm2
18 Mar 2007, 15:02
What about it?
Yes. This is the answer i expected.

MrBunsy
18 Mar 2007, 15:02
What about it?

That is, rather, his point.

evilworm2
18 Mar 2007, 15:06
Well if you look at the bottom right corner of the wa forums you WILL see Cybershadows name under MODERATOR. Umm seems like other people don't know what they are talking about.
Why did you quote my post? Where's the sense behind?

MrBunsy
18 Mar 2007, 15:10
Well if you look at the bottom right corner of the wa forums you WILL see Cybershadows name under MODERATOR. Umm seems like other people don't know what they are talking about.

Alright, so it appears he is a moderator in this sub-forum. I genuinely wasn't aware of that, I thought it was only in the beta patches forum. It's logical that he's a mod here too though.

In that case your point makes more sense, but it still doesn't change the actual forum rules.

MrBunsy
18 Mar 2007, 15:21
I'm not going to keep arguing with you guys over it on T17's Forums. That's not what the forum is for. It's to HELP people. If you want to argue with me about it then go to my profile and you can get my MSN and Yahoo messeger ID. I would be glad to argue with you over there.

That's... boring. Arguments make this place entertaining.

evilworm2
18 Mar 2007, 15:25
words
http://forum.team17.co.uk/showpost.php?p=568174&postcount=27

evilworm2
18 Mar 2007, 15:29
Unless someone can show evidence that what the Forum rules say and that I'm wrong and will stick with it. BTW I have this whole site backed up on my harddrive in case someone should try to add it now.
Lol. Just believe thomasp. He's a mod. And other than you, he knows what he is talking about.

MrBunsy
18 Mar 2007, 15:30
The owners of Team17 Forum reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

That's all we need.

MrBunsy
18 Mar 2007, 15:31
Hmm but remember you can't believe without PROOF.

read the above.

MrBunsy
18 Mar 2007, 15:33
Where's the documention on this site reserving that right?

You just quoted it.

evilworm2
18 Mar 2007, 15:34
Where's the documention on this site reserving that right?
Looool. Trippenz. XD

MrBunsy
18 Mar 2007, 15:35
Oh yeah thats right there ISN'T.

Yeaah there is, you just quoted it.

evilworm2
18 Mar 2007, 15:36
Yeaah there is, you just quoted it.
I wonder if he gets it now.

Squirminator2k
18 Mar 2007, 15:37
Forum Rules

Registration to this forum is free! We do insist that you abide by the rules and policies detailed below. If you agree to the terms, please check the 'I agree' checkbox and press the 'Register' button below. If you would like to cancel the registration, click here to return to the forums index.

Although the administrators and moderators of Team17 Forum will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of Team17 Forum, nor Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message.

By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.

The owners of Team17 Forum reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

Hmm never says which laws from which country.

Any laws. Anywhere. Ever. This also means you're not allowed to deny the Holocaust, which I don't doubt would be your next crowd-pleasing tactic.

The fact of the matter is that illegally downloading copyright material, or making it available, is illegal in most countries. Most importantly, it's illegal in the UK where Team 17 are based, where the servers housing this website and forum are based, and where the posts you are making are ultimately stored.

Stop being such a Hellsheep, trippenz. Really. You're just being a tit now.

Edit: We're not trying to get you banned. You seem to be doing a rather good job of that yourself.

evilworm2
18 Mar 2007, 15:38
BTW I know your guys are trying to get me band from the forums, but let me ask you this. How can you band someone when some IP providers your IP changes not to meantion that it wouldn't be hard to create another profile?

Wheee! Now he gets banned! *Yay*
It's against the rules to make a second account. (And hopefully talking about, too)

MrBunsy
18 Mar 2007, 15:38
BTW I know your guys are trying to get me band from the forums, but let me ask you this. How can you band someone when some IP providers your IP changes not to meantion that it wouldn't be hard to create another profile?

I'm not trying to get you banned, I'm enjoying the argument.

And as to creating another account, well, it'll be fairly obvious it's you unless you learn to proof read, and you'll another valid email, so there's a limit to how many times you can be bothered to get a new email.

Squirminator2k
18 Mar 2007, 15:40
But then, having alt accounts is against Forum Rules as well.

Let me know when you've finished digging yourself a hole, Trippenz. I want my shovel back.

Squirminator2k
18 Mar 2007, 15:46
But you seem to be inviting a fairly broad banning. By being Stupid™.

thomasp
18 Mar 2007, 15:49
As much as Cybershadow's done some brilliant work for WA, he's not, as far as I am aware, a moderator or admin on these forums. So I don't quite see how he can 'authorise' that sort thing beyond advice.

Besides, talking about what's legal and not legal to download is ever so slightly different to posting links to such material.

Cybershadow moderates the WA related forums, but he has a lot less powers than me & AT - basically all he can do is delete posts and lock threads.

If one moderator thinks something is "acceptable", but the others think it isn't, it'll still get removed and infraction points issued.

Unless someone can show evidence that what the Forum rules say and that I'm wrong and will stick with it. BTW I have this whole site backed up on my harddrive in case someone should try to add it now.

The moderators reserve the right to remove any post for any reason - this is not a democracy and as with any forum, freedom of speech does not exist, as whatever the owners of the forum say, goes. And team17 say that discussing how to obtain or crack their games is strictly against forum rules.

And I'm locking this thread now, because it's turning into nonsense.

trippenz, you broke the rules - get over it. Break them again and we will ban you. Re-register and we'll ban you even more.

CyberShadow
18 Mar 2007, 17:19
I'd just like to clarify that I didn't promote posting any of the stuff that got Trippenz in trouble - all I did is approve posting the "Canada deems P2P downloading legal" link. That is all.