PDA

View Full Version : Animated Maps

Zentu
4 Mar 2007, 21:37
This is prolly a stupid idea or has been thought of before. But Id like to see the ability to make animated maps. Or more advanced maps of the like. For example, having a farris-wheel or somthing. Or maybe a seasaw type of object. Imagine the possibilities! But it prolly wont happen. At least I said somthing. Sorry to bother you with this pointless thread.

Also, is there anyway to make animated graves? Ive seen them before on WormNET.

evilworm2
4 Mar 2007, 22:51
Also, is there anyway to make animated graves?
See this sticky thread (http://forum.team17.co.uk/showthread.php?t=28551).

The rest is nonsense. (For now)

Edit:
Hehe, welcome to the forums. :D

Joeyjoejoe
5 Mar 2007, 05:53
There is nothing in that thread about animated graves. Unless I'm blind.

franpa
5 Mar 2007, 06:46
he never said that sticky thread was in the w:a forum... but it might be in another forum here.

i would like to see tunnels where the mapper can either set an option that if you go in, the tunnel itself will become transparent allowing you to see inside... or have it remain as tho you are inside dirt. (dirt occludes your vision of the tunnel)

evilworm2
5 Mar 2007, 06:51
There is nothing in that thread about animated graves. Unless I'm blind.
You are:

Graves
First, make sure your grave is the following:

256 colour bitmaps
24 x 32 px in size
2 kb

Then, put it in the folder you installed worms armagedddon \user\graves, e.g.:
C:\Team17\Worms Armageddon\User\Graves. You can then access these by clicking the arrow next to the list box under graves in the team editor

Ever seen animated 256 colour bitmaps (BMP)? The answer is NO.

Run
5 Mar 2007, 07:28
You can get animated graves by setting your grave to be a sprite from the game, but it's horribly annoying so I'm not going to tell you how http://www.nanacide.com/images/Emoticons/colbert.gif

GoDxWyvern
5 Mar 2007, 12:21
The rest is nonsense.
How is the rest nonsense? Who said that scriptable maps are never going to happen?

Alien King
5 Mar 2007, 16:20
How is the rest nonsense? Who said that scriptable maps are never going to happen?

In a 2D turn based Strategy game?

Muzer
5 Mar 2007, 17:11
There was a recent thread in the update forum about moving platforms, where deadcode seemed to like the prospect.

evilworm2
5 Mar 2007, 21:15
Who said that scriptable maps are never going to happen?
Nobody. But...

1. It is not possible at the moment.
2. It is not possible in the next two years.

(I really doubt W:A 4.0 and something like a "Worms Markup Language" will make it out sooner.)

3. I had a bad day.

PS. What is that trippenz guy babbling? I have him on my ignore list. Is he lying to the community again?

Muzer
5 Mar 2007, 21:20
No comment;)

this .

evilworm2
5 Mar 2007, 21:28
Only this? Lol. Meaningless rant as usual.

GoDxWyvern
5 Mar 2007, 21:36
In a 2D turn based Strategy game?
While I agree with the first and probably with the second mentioned point of evilworm2's last posting, scriptable maps would obviously be an immensely fun factor for a 2D turn-based strategy game such as Worms, yes. ;)

Alien King
5 Mar 2007, 21:38
While I agree with the first and probably with the second mentioned point of evilworm2's last posting, scriptable maps would obviously be an immensely fun factor for a 2D turn-based strategy game such as Worms, yes. ;)

I can just see it being horrible abused...

Muzer
5 Mar 2007, 21:39
Only this? Lol. Meaningless rant as usual.

No, look in the quote, or if you can't read that it's "no comment;)"

evilworm2
5 Mar 2007, 21:41
No, look in the quote, or if you can't read that it's "no comment;)"
I meant "no comment ;)" with "only this?". ;)
But thanks for withstanding that liar.

GoDxWyvern
6 Mar 2007, 00:37
I can just see it being horrible abused...
Just like you can horribly abuse Armageddon, Nuclear Tests and Donkeys?

"Well, you don't need to have that in your scheme."

Neither do you have to play on maps with moving objects in them!

robowurmz
6 Mar 2007, 07:33
Moving PLatforms could work, if they were stored in GIF-type files, and placed on the map as objects, like oildrums and such, etc,etc...

franpa
6 Mar 2007, 09:09
however, to get it to animate smoothly and depending on the size of the image the gif can get pretty large filesize wize.

bonz
6 Mar 2007, 10:53
I'd say an additional layer for moving objects would be best.
Since a second layer for indestructible terrain has been considered sometime and scripting is already planned.

Alien King
6 Mar 2007, 16:41
Just like you can horribly abuse Armageddon, Nuclear Tests and Donkeys?

"Well, you don't need to have that in your scheme."

Neither do you have to play on maps with moving objects in them!

Not in that sense... it's just that I can see a whole new breed of map makers, bent on making the most awful animated maps ever.

Ah well... it does have some potential at least.

Muzer
6 Mar 2007, 17:01
Yeah! Just think about it! You could have opening and closing doors in RRs and BRs.

GoDxWyvern
6 Mar 2007, 20:07
Not in that sense... it's just that I can see a whole new breed of map makers, bent on making the most awful animated maps ever.
Just like there are some people out there trying their best to make as ugly .png maps as possible? Same case, same solution, don't play on maps you don't want to play on. Why prevent people from bringing awesome additions to the game by creating new schemes or enhancing existing ones by making maps with floating and vanishing platforms, invisible passages, openable doors with switches or dynamically moving objects like bowling balls on them? It's not like this is going to happen anytime soon or even at all, but the positive aspects definitely outweigh the negative ones.

Alien King
6 Mar 2007, 20:52
Just like there are some people out there trying their best to make as ugly .png maps as possible? Same case, same solution, don't play on maps you don't want to play on. Why prevent people from bringing awesome additions to the game by creating new schemes or enhancing existing ones by making maps with floating and vanishing platforms, invisible passages, openable doors with switches or dynamically moving objects like bowling balls on them? It's not like this is going to happen anytime soon or even at all, but the positive aspects definitely outweigh the negative ones.

But this'll be worse!

But then again... I do tend to look on the really negative side of things... it does have great potential.