PDA

View Full Version : a bug :P

franpa
28 Feb 2007, 10:19
in the area your taken to when you host... the following message would get sent to everyone but the N in the word then will not show.

"do you have wkmagic? if not you can get it from the team17 forums... if you dont want to get it immediatly then bye."

edit: the letter N is most likely hidden behind the vertical scroll bar.
edit 2: yes it is definatly (its not saying this is a word, evil firefox) getting hidden by the vertical scroll bar.

Run
28 Feb 2007, 10:53
http://www.nanacide.com/images/Emoticons/raise.gif

What do you mean "the following message would get sent to everyone"? WA would send you this message? Some other player? A hand-written letter through the mail?

It doesn't sound like something that would actually exist in the WA code

Lex
28 Feb 2007, 12:13
Bug reproduced. However, once the scrollbar appears, new lines get wrapped properly.

http://lex.clansfx.co.uk/image/screen0032.png

My opinion is that it's not an bug worth dealing with right now, though it is a bug, admittedly. Thanks for the report, Franpa.

franpa
28 Feb 2007, 13:13
omg, whats happening here? the quick reply button disappeared :( (or is not functioning right lol)

ok then :)

edit: on closer observation it's pretty clear how this would be a pain to fix.

Run
28 Feb 2007, 13:39
Oh right so this is just a general chat bug and nothing to do with that specific message at all?

Vader
28 Feb 2007, 13:51
in the area your taken to when you host... the following message would get sent to everyone but the N in the word then will not show.

"do you have wkmagic? if not you can get it from the team17 forums... if you dont want to get it immediatly then bye."

edit: the letter N is most likely hidden behind the vertical scroll bar.
edit 2: yes it is definatly (its not saying this is a word, evil firefox) getting hidden by the vertical scroll bar.

This is due to the fixed-width character set used. It can also be seen when winning certain awards with a long team/worm name.

"Definatly" is spelled "definitely".

This thread is a waste of time.

franpa
28 Feb 2007, 16:07
no the bug is that if you type a long message it will appear right but if enough is written to scroll then the bar will cover the right most character of previous typed lines.

but new typed lines will wrap 1 character earlier.

the bug is that it doesnt update all the messages prior to when the scroll bar appears to suit the new style of wrapping... this would be hard to change code wise.

KRD
28 Feb 2007, 16:40
Oh, I'm sure it would be reasonably easy to make it so that the scroll bar is there at all times, but remains locked until there's something to scroll back to. And while they're at it, they could do it in the WormNet lobby as well.

Or we could just wait for a new frontend. That's what I'd do.

Run
28 Feb 2007, 17:23
This thread is a waste of time.

Well i wouldn't go that far... but it was damn confusing! http://www.nanacide.com/images/Emoticons/argh.gif

franpa
1 Mar 2007, 04:45
Oh, I'm sure it would be reasonably easy to make it so that the scroll bar is there at all times, but remains locked until there's something to scroll back to. And while they're at it, they could do it in the WormNet lobby as well.

yes, didnt think of that and yes that would be pretty easy in comparison to what i suggested as a fix.

Vader
1 Mar 2007, 11:42
Well i wouldn't go that far... but it was damn confusing! http://www.nanacide.com/images/Emoticons/argh.gif

I went that far because I checked the thread on my way out of the door. I could have been at work 49 seconds earlier!

DAMN YOU FRANPA!

Lex
1 Mar 2007, 14:35
This bug and thread were really simple and straight-forward. I don't know what you guys are on about.

Vader
1 Mar 2007, 20:51
This bug and thread were really simple and straight-forward. I don't know what you guys are on about.

It was simple and straight-forward. Sorry, I'm just over-worked at the minute and stuff.

Muzer
4 Mar 2007, 18:53
Wait, this bug is officially recognised. You shouldn't post recognised bugs.

• In the Wormnet and host/join lobbies, the wrap width for previously entered long lines in a message history will not be readjusted when a scrollbar appears, causing some characters in the previously wrapped lines to be hidden from view.

AndrewTaylor
4 Mar 2007, 19:40
"Definatly" is spelled "definitely".
You have to worry about people who install a spellcheck plugin then call it stupid whenever it flags a spelling error, don't you?

franpa
5 Mar 2007, 02:32
Wait, this bug is officially recognised. You shouldn't post recognised bugs.

ooooh, sorry, didnt know.