PDA

View Full Version : TypeOfEvent

Alex64
23 Feb 2007, 23:16
Can someone give a hint what TypeOfEvent mean what? I investigated some actions, but I cant imagine what another means!

M3ntal
24 Feb 2007, 21:52
The context would be nice ;)

evilworm2
25 Feb 2007, 03:10
The context would be nice ;)
http://www.google.de/search?hl=de&q=TypeOfEvent+wam&btnG=Suche&meta=

Alex64
25 Feb 2007, 10:52
The TypeOfEvent in mission data file, I wonna create an mission editor, I almost completed it, but cant assign values with text...:( May be I will set TypeOfEvent to every value up to 255;) and each time restart WA? I possibly got some (17) values (excluding unknown 18), if someone wants to know, please just leave a reply.

SilPho
25 Feb 2007, 12:04
Is it worth noting that WA doesn't have a mission editor as such? I'm not sure what you're trying to do.

Alex64
25 Feb 2007, 14:04
I also almost created IMG editor (not sure about header) but it reads bytes correctly, and displays greyscale image. I will soon try to discover structure of the header, and I will be able to edit IMG files :D! Also I almost completed mission editor: WAM files are really INI files, so it will be easy. Just imagine the power of IMG editor combined with mission editor!!!
PS: Both applications I will write in Delphi 7 using TFileStream because it is the easiest way and it is extremly reliable. I will soon leave a link to 0.1 version.

SilPho
25 Feb 2007, 15:23
Suddenly it all makes sense. Good luck!

Muzer
25 Feb 2007, 18:12
So, will this work in conjunction with wkfileoverride? Only, the mission files are on the CD.

M3ntal
25 Feb 2007, 18:14
The TypeOfEvent in mission data fileAh, i see. I don't think anyone has made a mission editor before (other than the official WWP one), so you may have to resort to trial and error.
http://www.google.de/search?hl=de&q=TypeOfEvent+wam&btnG=Suche&meta=
I can't read german very well, and a UK google search with the same words brings up 0 results.

evilworm2
25 Feb 2007, 19:52
I can't read german very well, and a UK google search with the same words brings up 0 results.
This is very funny, since the German google search brings up results in english, even a link to blamethepixel.com
:rolleyes:

M3ntal
26 Feb 2007, 02:57
Hmm, indeed. Well, check for yourself:

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=TypeOfEvent+wam&btnG=Google+Search&meta=cr%3DcountryUK%7CcountryGB

Etho
26 Feb 2007, 03:10
One of the main reasons why nobody has created a mission editor yet is because W:A will not use uncompressed IMG files for missions. I would strongly recommend that you focus on getting T17's IMG compression / decompression working before attempting to go any further. (T17's IMG compression is not public knowledge.)

Deadcode
26 Feb 2007, 07:12
Yikes, editing IMG files would be the worst way to do it. The replays would not work. Not to mention that PNG compression is better.

I'll see about making .WAM files able to point at a .PNG map, and making W:A able to directly launch a mission from a .WAM file.

Alex64
26 Feb 2007, 13:48
One of the main reasons why nobody has created a mission editor yet is because W:A will not use uncompressed IMG files for missions. I would strongly recommend that you focus on getting T17's IMG compression / decompression working before attempting to go any further. (T17's IMG compression is not public knowledge.)

Thanks for advice!
hmm... maybe it in the vector form...

Alex64
26 Feb 2007, 13:53
So, will this work in conjunction with wkfileoverride? Only, the mission files are on the CD.

Just copy all missions to the hard disk. It will look like:
.\Data\Mission\<Missions>
where . is your WA root.