PDA

View Full Version : Aaaarrggggh!

Zilberi
18 Feb 2007, 13:42
When i play missions, the enemy worms speak finnish (coz im from finland) and that is really annoycing! same thing in deathmatch and multi-player! is there any way to change it to english? the same thing appears in world party. plz help me:-/ BTW: sorry about my bad english (if it is bad).

bonz
18 Feb 2007, 13:59
When i play missions, the enemy worms speak finnish (coz im from finland) and that is really annoycing! same thing in deathmatch and multi-player! is there any way to change it to english? the same thing appears in world party.
Have you installed the latest beta update? It has a "language selector" feature in the options menu.
www.nanacide.com/wahelp for patching info.

Zilberi
18 Feb 2007, 15:15
still not working. the worms are still speaking finnish. :( :( :(

AndrewTaylor
18 Feb 2007, 15:33
still not working. the worms are still speaking finnish. :( :( :(

At a push, you could get WormKit (http://worms.thecybershadow.net/wormkit/) and use the FileOverride module to replace the entire Finnish soundbank with the English one. The game would still think they were speaking Finnish, but you'd hear English. It's a bit of a sledgehammer-to-crack-a-nut way of doing it, but it would work.

Zilberi
18 Feb 2007, 16:13
i cant find soundbank folder :( There is only "speech" folder and i cant find languages

SilPho
18 Feb 2007, 16:20
On your CD, find this folder
\Data\User\Speech\English

Then copy the contents of that folder and put it into this location
where your WA.exe file is\Data\User\Speech\Finnish

You will have to create the \User\Speech\Finnish folder before you can put the files in there.

Also, make sure wormkit is installed, make sure the file override dll and the wormkit.exe are both in exactly the same folder as the WA.exe, and run wormkit.exe to play the game, not WA.exe.

Hopefully that's everything covered.

Zilberi
18 Feb 2007, 17:07
i still didnt got it :( hmmm... what am i doing wrong....

-i cant destroy finnish soundbank
-i cant move english sounds to finnish
-i dont understand anything :p

AAAAARRRGH!

SilPho
18 Feb 2007, 17:51
What we're trying to do for you here is to use CyberShadow's Wormkit (http://worms.thecybershadow.net/wormkit/) program to tell the game to look somewhere else for these files.

WormKit is a separate program that sits in your worms folder, when you want to play worms you run the WormKit program instead.

What you want to do is use one of wormkits modules to override the normal files that the game searches for when looking for sound files.

Once you have downloaded wormkit, place "WormKit.exe" and "wkFileOverride.dll" into the same location as "WA.exe", the main worms folder.

At this point I suggest you run WormKit just to make sure everything so far is working. It should be no different to loading up the game normally except that it will go straight to the main menu instead of displaying the Team 17 and Microprose logos.

Next step, the file override module of wormkit will change how the game finds a file. The English and Finnish sound files are stored on your CD, (you can't change these) but what you can do is get the game to look elsewhere to find these files.

As I explained above, on your CD find the English soundbank files (\Data\User\Speech\English) and copy (not cut) the audio files onto your hard drive. The location you place these files is very important.

To find the right location, go back to where you put WormKit.exe, go into the DATA folder, create a folder called user, and within that create a folder called speech, finally within that create a folder called Finnish.

It is inside this folder that you must place the audio files. Do not place the "ENGLISH" folder in here, just the files that are inside that folder.

Finally, go back and load WormKit.exe and all should be good for you.

If there is anything you do not understand, don't worry about posting again.

KRD
18 Feb 2007, 19:29
My CPU worms speak Russian. I live nowhere near Russia. Thank you for your time.

Would be nice if you could change it, yes, but it's not nearly annoying enough for me to actually replace files because of it. I can wait. The fact that I rarely play offline games helps, though, I imagine.

lDarKl
18 Feb 2007, 20:14
Hm, I wonder if it would work to just go to the control panel -> regional settings and put England instead of Finland in the bottom dropdown menu. It does change your WNet flag, might work for speech as well. :)

Edit: I just tried it, it works.

SilPho
18 Feb 2007, 20:31
...I guess that is easier. But at least the WormKit idea is proof of concept.

Plutonic
18 Feb 2007, 20:50
The wormkit method is better. Changing your location will mess up other programs, as well as things like daylight savings etc.

Zilberi
19 Feb 2007, 05:39
IT WORKS! IT WORKS!

I did one mistake: i namede that folder english, not finnish! But now i changed it and:

I DONT NEED TO HEAR ANYMORE SOME DUMB FINNISH!

Thanks to all of you :D you helped me a lot.