PDA

View Full Version : Mission Error? Install Beta?

mckinley
14 Feb 2007, 06:13
I got my version of WA directly from my friend without any installer as a birthday present and i feel like it might have errors.

First mission after Bronze training i cant pass, all that happens is crates keep falling from the sky where i spawned on some pumpkin level.

I dont know what version i have, how can i find out?
I dont know if it trymedia cd or anything cause it just came on a burned cd so how can i install the new version?

I found out it is
Worms Armageddon Update
v3.0.5.0 (External Beta 2)
Copyright (C) 2002 Team17 Software Ltd

bonz
14 Feb 2007, 07:39
it just came on a burned cd
http://www.themockturtle.com/Amock/images/smiles/pip.gif--ARRRGH!!

thomasp
14 Feb 2007, 08:29
No tech support unless you actually BOUGHT your copy of WA.

*Thread closed*

Edit:

Lex was typing this as I closed the thread, and he asked for it to be inserted, so here it is:

Mckinley, I'll give you the best advice you're going to get here, on the official Team17 forums.

If you receive a burned CD with a full commercial game on it, it is a pirated copy. If you don't want to get caught with a pirated copy of a game, play it discreetly. Your friend may have been the one in the wrong here, but now I hope you understand that you have just told everyone on the official developer's forums that you have successfully attempted to obtain, install, and run a pirated copy of their game. Commercial game developers don't like their games being copied and distributed (as birthday presents or otherwise).

The forum mods are probably going to punish you somehow, and nobody will help you with your problem. In the future, if you happen to receive pirated software, know that you won't get any help with it from its developers or those who wish its developers to prosper, so don't bother going to official forums and asking for help.