PDA

View Full Version : Modify Worm Health Over 255

AfteRShocK
27 Jan 2007, 23:19
Is there any way to make the worms have more health than 255? All the scheme editors seem to allow 255 max. The fiddler allows it but doesnt work with the new beta.
The reason I want it is to make a good mineball scheme to play online with friends.

Also what is the best scheme editor available for WA?

SilPho
27 Jan 2007, 23:35
The only way to exceed 255 is to set it at 255 and give a health bonus. No editor can go over 255 because that's the highest value a single byte can allow, so unless game schemes are changed to give two bytes (which incidentally would allow worms with 65535 health) for worm health you're not going to get any more than that.

You can always go nuts with +255 health crates.

AfteRShocK
28 Jan 2007, 01:03
Ya, i might go with the health crates idea. And the fiddler did allow 65535 health, not sure how it worked exactly, but you couldn't make a scheme, the fiddler loaded worms armageddon with the settings that you specified in its frontend.

Etho
28 Jan 2007, 01:19
You may also set a positive health handicap for each team which can bring you into the 300's.

franpa
28 Jan 2007, 02:00
thats what hurrell said in his first sentence.

KRD
28 Jan 2007, 08:14
Care to refresh my memory on what exactly Mineball is? The thing where you baseball bat mines across the landscape?

Couldn't you play it with infinite health and make sure the map has enough holes on its bottom for worms to drown in? Just an idea.

robowurmz
28 Jan 2007, 08:42
I know how to change the worms' health, ammo, etc. by using cheat engine. Although, finding the values for EACH worm takes a while.

You can get cheatengine at www.cheatengine.org

Koen-ftw
28 Jan 2007, 10:08
I know how to change the worms' health, ammo, etc. by using cheat engine. Although, finding the values for EACH worm takes a while.

You can get cheatengine at www.cheatengine.org

And that doesn't work online, it would cause desynchronization errors.

Muzer
28 Jan 2007, 11:52
Yes. If it desynchs replays, it desynchs online.