PDA

View Full Version : Problem with playing WA

Deathwing
22 Jan 2007, 18:48
I recently decided to reinstall WA on my computer, the installtion is fine and so is installing the patch. However when I try to play it the screen goes black and a popup comes up saying "WA.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconveience (Sp?) caused." Then WA basically terminates. It used to work on this computer. Anyone got any ideas?

Run
22 Jan 2007, 19:28
I recently decided to reinstall WA on my computer, the installtion is fine and so is installing the patch.

What about the Update? Or is that what you mean by patch? Did you need the patch?

What version is it at the moment? (hover over the logo in the main menu to find out)

bonz
22 Jan 2007, 19:46
What about the Update? Or is that what you mean by patch? Did you need the patch?

What version is it at the moment? (hover over the logo in the main menu to find out)
http://www.nanacide.com/images/Emoticons/words.gif

www.nanacide.com/wahelp

Deathwing
22 Jan 2007, 20:26

I ment both. I needed the patch as I run on Windows XP. My WA is the lastest version according to the wa website.

Joeyjoejoe
22 Jan 2007, 22:37
Well if you are correct then your version should be version 3.6.26.5.

Deathwing
23 Jan 2007, 21:04
Yes. It is.

Run
23 Jan 2007, 21:07
Try disabling the introduction screens. To do this, right-click the WA shortcut icon, select properties, and in the "Target" text box, type:

/nointro

This must be outside of the quotation marks for it to work. For example, on my computer, the Target text box reads:

"C:\Worms Armageddon\wa.exe" /nointro

Deathwing
24 Jan 2007, 16:21
Nope, I tried that earlier on and it didn't work.

Run
24 Jan 2007, 17:18
Waitaminute, I just saw this:

I ment both.

So you installed the patch and then also the update? What version is your unpatched WA? v1.0 or v3.0?

Wrathchild
24 Jan 2007, 23:32
Try uninstalling the game, then reinstall it. Apply the patch before you run the executable.

Joeyjoejoe
25 Jan 2007, 12:19
Waitaminute, I just saw this:

So you installed the patch and then also the update? What version is your unpatched WA? v1.0 or v3.0?
Yeah do this. Reinstall WA, then go to your WA.exe, right click it and go to properties and find the version (1.0 or 3.0?).

Deathwing
26 Jan 2007, 21:43
3.0 as it is the sold out version. I already have the latest Direct X and hardware drivers.

Run
26 Jan 2007, 22:29
3.0 as it is the sold out version.

A-ha!!!! That's where it's going wrong then - you're installing the patch when it's already patched (that breaks the game). You only need to install the update. Try that.

...Unless the "patch" it's installing is 3.0.5.0 (i forget). Well anyway, if the SOS installer asks you to install a patch, decline it, and just install the update and see what happens.

Melon
27 Jan 2007, 12:14
When I got the Sold Out version, the game itself only came as v1.something (I think), but there was a patch available on the disc to boost it up to 3.something or other (can't remember now). I installed that, and then grabbed the latest update. I've never had a problem (thankfully).

Sorry, this probably hasn't helped. Just thought I'd let you all know.

Joeyjoejoe
28 Jan 2007, 00:19
I got the SO version not long ago, and it goes like this: the game is installed at 3.0, and the 3.5 patch is on the disc. So if I'm right, you should only have to install 3.6.26.5. I don't think you need 3.5 before it.

Muzer
28 Jan 2007, 13:10
Ditto, excdept replace "not long ago" with "about 4 years ago".

Melon
28 Jan 2007, 13:25
I guess mine must have come with v3 already installed. I honestly can't remember. Although I patched and then updated and it worked fine.

ClémentXVI
28 Jan 2007, 15:33
Hi Deathwing,

Do you, by any chance, have a GeForce 8800?

I have exactly the same problem as yours, and think it's related to the card/drivers...

Distrance
28 Jan 2007, 16:20
If you would read all the posts, especially the first one saying '' It used to work on this computer '' you can guess its not about graphic card, probably with the patches

ClémentXVI
29 Jan 2007, 20:05
Very true Distrance... however, given that my computer is a very volatile thing (I never upgrade everything in one go), I thought Deathwing's computer could also have been upgraded recently, by changing the GPU or something else...