PDA

View Full Version : game crashes

gelussword
18 Jan 2007, 02:48
Hello all,

Like the title suggests my game crashes and i am struggling to find the cause, I own the Cd naturally, but through much weeping, wailing, and gnashing of teeth I have managed to get the game to run without the disc. Now whenever i try and load a deathmatch, attempt a mission, or do some training, the screen goes black like its attempting to load the loading screen then stays black for a few seconds before crashing to the desktop. I am using Windows Me, and Directx 9.1c, I know for a fact its not the version of windows or directx or any hardware issue since i can play it off the cd with no problems. I can edit settings and create teams just fine and change settings, create scheme's etc, but when it comes to playing i run into this problem, my hunch is that i have forgotten to get something off the cd but not sure what, anyways if anyone can help me out that would be great thanks.
Gelussword
p.s i can't upgrade since it would stop working altogether and it works fine off the disc without upgrading too...

pipes100
18 Jan 2007, 03:00
I had this issue also until I made my OWN iso. Stop doing whatever it is you're doing and follow these steps and use these programs listed. This is by far the best process of playing the game without a CD.

http://www.nanacide.com/wahelp/tpp-nocd.php

bonz
18 Jan 2007, 03:08
I own the Cd naturally, but through much weeping, wailing, and gnashing of teeth I have managed to get the game to run without the disc.
No version of W:A runs without a CD (or disc image mounted as a virtual drive).
(Since you said you "naturally" own the CD, you don't have the Trymedia version.)
i can play it off the cd with no problems
No proper CD version can be run from the CD.
i can't upgrade since it would stop working altogether and it works fine off the disc without upgrading too
The patch and the beta updates work with ALL proper retail CD versions.

Conclusion:
You are a stinking pirate with a no-CD cracked copy burnt on a CD.

pipes100
18 Jan 2007, 04:19
I think your right.

When I went to this No-CD crack site (cause I hate dealing w/ CDs) and used this "mini iso" they had on there, I had this EXACT same problem. I then iso-ed my CD and it worked fine after mounting.

I mean I just got my copy from EBAY for 8.99 TOTAL. That's not alot considering you do get this best game ever made.:)

gelussword
18 Jan 2007, 06:58
Well, thanks for all the help, i was able to play the game without trouble, as it turned out my hunch was correct as i had forgotten to include some rather important folders apparently. So no more problems now...now to answer some accusations...no i do not have the trymedia version its actually sold-out software, as to the charge of 'stinking pirate' For the record i do not stink! I shower regularly, and I have some killer antiperspirant, as for the charge of pirate? I am only so when the situation warrants it, and only till i have a legitimate copy which i have. I never make copies of software for other people, nor do i distribute pirated software i do not condone piracy not stealing. Now you may be well within your rights to call me out and rake my good name through the coals and perhaps i may even deserve it. So i will allow your comment to slide since i have better things to do then quibble over politics and legalities. Anyways thanks to all for offering your help I am much obliged.
Gelussword

pipes100
18 Jan 2007, 07:10
Fair enough. Well I am glad to hear all that. Enjoy the game!

Muzer
18 Jan 2007, 21:27
Yes, there are important water files on the CD.