PDA

View Full Version : WA Crashes Back to Windows at End of Each Level.

Hysteria86
27 Dec 2006, 20:44
Hi, I'm running WA on Windows XP and have downloaded the latest patch, and all runs fine, until I reach the end of a match/training mission, and instead of loading back to the menus, the game crashes back to the Windows desktop.

Anyone have any idea why this is happening, and how to solve it?

Thanks in advance.

evilworm2
27 Dec 2006, 22:08
I've heard of an illegal, cracked version of W:A which exactly have this error.
Did you buy or download the game?

Hysteria86
27 Dec 2006, 22:30
Bought it, the SoldOut version.

This fault is really annoying as the gameplay is actually fine, it just means whenever I complete a level nothing gets saved as it crashes as soon as the level ends.

Run
27 Dec 2006, 22:35
Have you tried reinstalling? If that's too much hassle then it might be worth waiting for better advice, but reinstalling tends to fix a lot of problems. I've not heard of this problem before so I can't offer anything better.

*subscribes to thread*

Hysteria86
27 Dec 2006, 23:08
Just tried reinstalling it and the same thing keeps happening :(

7fiction7
27 Dec 2006, 23:11
I have the same problem, and today i was playing one of the missions and it closed.

franpa
28 Dec 2006, 01:12
did you guys alter your team files using 3rd party software?

Run
28 Dec 2006, 08:17
did you guys alter your team files using 3rd party software?

Well given that Hysteria86 reinstalled and still experiences the problem, my guess would be no (for him at least).

Does this only happen with missions and training, Hysteria86? It might not be a solution but you could always use this program (http://www.nanacide.com/wahelp/tpp-teamed.php) to unlock everything, so you get all the options that the missions would normally give you. You'd still have the problem of a crash every time you tried a mission, but at least you only need to do each mission once to get the full experience ;) (unless you fail it...hmm).

Hysteria86
28 Dec 2006, 12:35
It happens with everything, missions, training, deathmatch, multiplayer game....

All I've added to the original game was the v3.6.26.5 patch.

Don't suppose this is anything to do with the graphics card is it? (S3 Graphics ProSavageDDR). I've had problems with other games due to it but they were mainly graphics based (blurry text etc), this terminates the program.

franpa
28 Dec 2006, 13:00
id say it is your video card... that video card is like ancient.

Hysteria86
28 Dec 2006, 14:59
Yeah I know :( I've looked about and I can't really find a worthwhile upgrade for it either. May see about changing it as its restricted me from about 3 or 4 games now.

Just seems weird that the game runs fine, there's no glitches in the gameplay, menus, anything. Just randomly closes the program at the end of a level :confused:

Run
28 Dec 2006, 15:06
Does the same thing happen when you quit a game through the quit menu instead of waiting for it to end?

Hysteria86
30 Dec 2006, 10:51
Yeah the same thing happens every single time I leave a level :(

Run
30 Dec 2006, 12:31
Do you have another computer to try running it on? It could be an error of the CD rather than the computer. I very much doubt it, but we can at least rule it out.