PDA

View Full Version : WA won't boot; ActiveMark graphics engine unable to start.

Vader
24 Dec 2006, 00:13
I've recently tried to install the TryMedia demo of WA and I am getting an ActiveMark graphics engine error which prevents WA from booting.

Anyone know how I can fix this? Bar a hidden data directory the TryMedia/ActiveMark folder has nothing in it. could this be this issue?

Vercetti
24 Dec 2006, 03:46
I googled the error but only found others having the same problem and no solution. Are you using a restricted user account? Any anti virus or anti spyware software installed? What version of Windows?

Trymedia just sucks. The full version doesn't use ActiveMark, so it won't have that problem.

franpa
24 Dec 2006, 03:52
i would say use compatability mode due to it searching and failing to find IE 4.x or newer.

bonz
24 Dec 2006, 10:39
i would say use compatability mode due to it searching and failing to find IE 4.x or newer.
Ehr, what?
IE4 has been released in 1997 and newer versions have been an integral part of Windows ME, 2000 and XP ever since.
Unless Vader has manually removed it, it will always be installed somewhere.

I doubt that the compatibility mode will do anything.

Vader
24 Dec 2006, 12:28
It got to about 4am last night (this morning) and I decided to give up.

I guess it's just another TryMedia error with no solution, although a solution would be nice.

franpa
25 Dec 2006, 07:30
the trymedia game is as we know not up to date like the non trymedia version and they use some crap aswell... and i was thinking the game cant detect IE properly under winXP hence my suggestion for trying compatibility mode.