PDA

View Full Version : Flicker problem - please help

Anak
10 Dec 2006, 21:03
I know that it seems that flicker, is a problem.

I have the most recent update, but i can only run on 2 resolutions, this is not my main problem.

When I go on to the map maker, I cannot see anything, the flicker is extreme and the bottom half of the screen is completly black. This means that I am not able to load any maps that people have made!! :(

All help appreciated

Ace

Seita
10 Dec 2006, 21:52
What is your graphical device ?
I've experienced similar problems with a NVidia Riva TNT2 Model 64 in the past.

franpa
11 Dec 2006, 01:51
for nvidia tnt2 video cards i strongly recomend using the video drivers provided with them rather then the updated 4x.xx drivers -.-' and for geforce 4 4000mx i strongly recomend getting winXP and using driver revisions 7x.xx or higher due to me knowing that these newer drivers solve a graphics bug in sim city 4.

Anak
22 Dec 2006, 14:33
Its a very old machine and uses the XP drivers, thats all I have as the card is so old I can't get hold of the original drivers.

Pieboy337
22 Dec 2006, 14:47
Its a very old machine and uses the XP drivers, thats all I have as the card is so old I can't get hold of the original drivers.
I am pretty sure you can get them off the archives off the website.

franpa
22 Dec 2006, 15:01
nvidia 4x.xx drivers will work with most video cards around the tnt2 age... however i seriously doubt theyed work under winXP.

Pieboy337
22 Dec 2006, 15:16
nvidia 4x.xx drivers will work with most video cards around the tnt2 age... however i seriously doubt theyed work under winXP.
thats a good point. Probibly not worth risking it incase of messing up the pc.

MrBunsy
22 Dec 2006, 18:36
thats a good point. Probibly not worth risking it incase of messing up the pc.

Give them a go anyway, it's highly unlikely they'll do anything irreresable, you can normally pop into safemode and use system restore.

franpa
23 Dec 2006, 03:47
yes, if your gonna use unsupported drivers you should definatly use system restore before installing them... also old drivers can easily overwrite files that new drivers dont touch and winXP might need the original files...