PDA

View Full Version : Weapon Power - a list

Melon
5 Dec 2006, 16:54
I was wondering exactly what differences changing the power of a weapon actually does to the weapon itself. I know increasing it makes it more powerful, but by how much, and in what way? For example, a higher power skunk makes the poison do more damage.

I was hoping I could find a list detailing what each of the 5 power settings on a weapon does to the weapon, but can't find one anywhere. Does one actually exist? It would be nice to know as it would help me when creating schemes.

If one doesn't exist, then I am thinking of creating one myself and adding it to the Worms Knowledge Base, but having a quick attempt at it, it seems quite difficult. Trying working out the maximum damage one banana bomb cluster will do for example is quite tough when your worm gets hit by multiple clusters. Anyone have any advice on how to make collecting this information easier? Mabye Deadcode and the like will be able to fill me in, but I doubt that they'd be willing to place all the formulae for all the weapons...

Also, is there an easy way to measure the size of the explosion craters, as they keep changing size with power. Do they only come in standard sizes?

Finally, I know that you can externally edit the schemes to manipulate the power further, but I'll ignore that. I'm only doing it for the standard weapons that can be changed in-game.

Run
5 Dec 2006, 17:02
There's one on wahelp, but my host is down for some reason. The wahelp page drew it's information from a Deadcode post on this forum though, so that might help.

Edit: http://forum.team17.co.uk/showpost.php?p=297782&postcount=13

Melon
5 Dec 2006, 17:11
Aha, thank you. I should have known that WAHelp would have solved my problems. Obviously i was Googling for the wrong thing.

Still, it would have been nice to have a list with the exact values so that I won't have to get out my calculator each time. Even so, this explains why the petrol bomb doesn't seem to change, with the exception of the blast radius. (HINT: Lower the petrol bomb's power to 1 to have the flame more likely to spread, as it won't get caught inside the crater if it hits the floor.)

I suppose I could whip out my calculator and work all the values out, and then post the resulting values somewhere.

Run
5 Dec 2006, 17:13
Yeah good idea :) When my host comes back up i can stick it in the wahelp page just for completeness

Melon
5 Dec 2006, 17:25
I wonder if the same thing applies to close combat weapons like the fire puch and baseball bat (such as distance it throws them) and the blowtorch and drill? (distance dug maybe?)

Also, the napalm strike, I wonder if it only increases the number of missiles, and so amout of fire?

Finally, I don't think the size of the explosions follow the same rule, and they don't seem to. Don't know how I'll work them out.

Kurrus
6 Dec 2006, 14:36
I wonder if the same thing applies to close combat weapons like the fire puch and baseball bat (such as distance it throws them) and the blowtorch and drill? (distance dug maybe?)

Also, the napalm strike, I wonder if it only increases the number of missiles, and so amout of fire?

Finally, I don't think the size of the explosions follow the same rule, and they don't seem to. Don't know how I'll work them out.

AFAIK, increasing the Napalm Strike's power only makes more flames appear, with the same power.

M3ntal
6 Dec 2006, 17:51
Do you need better hosting, Run?

CyberShadow
6 Dec 2006, 18:07
He just needs a better DNS service :)

Run
6 Dec 2006, 19:48
Do you need better hosting, Run?

Seems as though I might. I'll see when it comes back up. Also I'll pop an email off to nomanix so that they can explain themselves