PDA

View Full Version : Not reading my disc.

Burrin
29 Nov 2006, 05:00
My worms is not reading my disc... It just keeps saying there is no disc in drive... You know...

Lex
29 Nov 2006, 05:12
Perhaps you have patched it with the 1.0-to-3.0 patch when you shouldn't have, because your game comes as 3.0. Have you applied the "patch"? (Note: not the "update".)

littlebee
29 Nov 2006, 07:08
Lex is right on the mark. Also: are you trying to run the game directly from a fresh install?

Original Worms:Armageddon CDs (the nuclear fallout sign) will install on XP but never read. They will need full patching. Newer CD releases (Sold Out software, etc) come as 3.0.0 and will start here and there, i.e. showing the intro or allowing team editing, but will crash in other places. They will need slight updating.

There is also the possibility that your CD drive has become wonky. I run XP on a laptop which has a bad drive, so I can inconsistently load games and software and then have to read "please insert X" and restart the computer or jiggle the CD drive around.

How far into the game can you get from a fresh install?

Dando
29 Nov 2006, 16:05
You could also try using an image file if this persists. Often if the cd is slightly damaged or if the drive is "wonky" this is a better option:):p