PDA

View Full Version : Holy wars scheme problem (Girder glitch)

dan_plus_o
26 Nov 2006, 07:15
Hello, I was trying to host a holy war game th eother day and when we got into the game a player left right away. When it came to my turn I realized that the girder packs were not in the inventory. I checked the scheme and they were on infinate ammo. I tried the scheme offline and it worked fine, but when I host that scheme the girder packs don't show up in the inventory.

Does anyone know why it is doing that?

Run
26 Nov 2006, 08:15
Does it do it all the time?

Etho
26 Nov 2006, 08:29
You probably saved the scheme as a w:a v1 scheme instead of a w:a v2 scheme. w:a v1 schemes do not save Super Weapons, such as the girder-starter pack.

G-Lite
26 Nov 2006, 12:43
I noticed that this happens when someone with an older version joins. I was hosting with 3.6.26.5, for example, and it worked fine with other people running 3.6.26.x. But every time someone with 3.6.20.x or something joined, girder packs disappeared.

Lex
26 Nov 2006, 14:35
That happened because the player with the older version forced you to emulate their version of WA for compatibility. Versions older than the first Deadcode beta (versions 1.0 and 3.0) don't have super weapon schemes.

G-Lite, are you sure you noticed it with a player with a game version of 3.0.5.0 or higher?

dan_plus_o
1 Dec 2006, 03:44
Okay, thanks.

I just gotta boot anyone who doesn't have the update.

Why can't everyone just download the newest update?? WHY??

franpa
1 Dec 2006, 06:18
if it was packaged in a installer which uses the same path specified in the registry that wa sets then everyone would -.-' but since it requires knowledge on file management noobs dont understand the process.

G-Lite
2 Dec 2006, 16:12
That happened because the player with the older version forced you to emulate their version of WA for compatibility. Versions older than the first Deadcode beta (versions 1.0 and 3.0) don't have super weapon schemes.

G-Lite, are you sure you noticed it with a player with a game version of 3.0.5.0 or higher?

Not sure I guess. Long time since I hosted anything. :p