PDA

View Full Version : Armageddon League - W:A's Online League

Don Deano
24 Nov 2006, 17:12
Greetings all,

I've noticed a common misconception surrounding this game. A lot of external people will have definitely heard of the game, as it's legendary, but their idea of it is just two teams aimlessly throwing weapons at each other in a chaotic manner. This is actually far from reality when playing W:A competitively. There are specific skill/strategic-related schemes that are available for download which will blow your mind away and open a whole new can of Worms up to you! Such as the Elite and RopeRace schemes, to name two.

I wanted to take this opportunity to advertise the Worms: Armageddon League to everyone, especially new-comers who won't be exposed to this side of W:A due to no mention of it on the Team17 official website.

Please visit: www.armageddonleague.com

I will be PM'ing some of the Admins here about possible affiliation (holds breath). :)

Regards,
Dean 'Deano' Murr

Don Deano
25 Nov 2006, 14:57
Har har. No replies for me. :(

Run
25 Nov 2006, 15:21
This forum tends to be fairly quiet, I don't think many of the regulars get involved in leagues much, and everyone who isn't a regular just comes for the tech support ;)

M3ntal
25 Nov 2006, 19:56
Might be better off in Online Orgy, Dean. Rather than post it a second time, PM AndrewTaylor or thomasp and ask them to move it.

Melon
25 Nov 2006, 21:33
I think Run is right, rarely have i seen the regulars of this forum on WormNet. I suppose they've seen it all and done it all....

Anyway, I probably would join, but at the moment I'm trying to join the NNN clan (http://nnnforum.jconserv.net/index.php), and I've noticed that the intermediate scheme isn't supported by your league. This is mainly what the people in NNN play, and I need to concentrate on playing it if I'm going to stand a chance in making it into the clan.

Still, it's worth posting here about it. I think it's better off here than in Online Orgy, seeing as it's actually Worms Armageddon related. Im sure this thread has got you some new members, even if they haven't posted a reply.

And I fully support you trying to let people know about how great Worms really is. I've been trying to persuade my friends for years, but they all seem to prefer the 3D shooty types....

GrimOswald
25 Nov 2006, 23:23
I would consider joining, but as I found out when I joined my first (And last) clan, I'm not exactly what you'd call reliable. That having been said though, I've been pretty active recently.

*Checks out NNN forum* I remember them...iirc SirGorash offered to let me join the first day I stepped onto Wormnet2. Being fairly new to internet gaming, I knew nothing about clans and suchlike, and didn't understand exactly what he was saying. Silly me.

Don Deano
26 Nov 2006, 14:08
I think Run is right, rarely have i seen the regulars of this forum on WormNet. I suppose they've seen it all and done it all....

Anyway, I probably would join, but at the moment I'm trying to join the NNN clan (http://nnnforum.jconserv.net/index.php), and I've noticed that the intermediate scheme isn't supported by your league. This is mainly what the people in NNN play, and I need to concentrate on playing it if I'm going to stand a chance in making it into the clan.

Still, it's worth posting here about it. I think it's better off here than in Online Orgy, seeing as it's actually Worms Armageddon related. Im sure this thread has got you some new members, even if they haven't posted a reply.

And I fully support you trying to let people know about how great Worms really is. I've been trying to persuade my friends for years, but they all seem to prefer the 3D shooty types....

I hear you, and that is a very good/important point you've made.

We shall be supporting more schemes in the future, including perhaps a revised version of the Intermediate scheme. I'm trying to come up with some default-type schemes with a buddy Mablak. I particularly like the Sudden Sinking scheme, hosted in a cavern. It's basically Sudden Death tactics from the start (killing off your opponent aswell as climbing to avoid the water). We'd have to tweak it a little though.

Lex
26 Nov 2006, 14:19
GrimOswald and Melon, Deano wasn't advertising a clan to join. He was advertising a league, which has a seperate singles and clan league. You don't have to exclude the joining of a league to join a clan. A gaming league is much like a sports league, where players (or clans) play against each other to earn points to climb up in rankings.

Melon
26 Nov 2006, 14:57
I know he was advertising a league and not a clan. All I was saying was that his league didn't support the intermediate scheme YET, and that at the moment I'm trying to concentrate on practising on the intermediate scheme, as the clan Im trying to join uses the intermediate scheme as their main scheme.

As I said, I would join, but because Im spending my time trying to get into the NNN clan, I won't be joining. Well, not yet anyway. If the league did support the intermediate scheme, then I would probably join it, as it would allow me to get some practice in by finding a game more easily than sitting round in the Anything Goes server...

Lex
26 Nov 2006, 15:19
As I said, I would join, but because Im spending my time trying to get into the NNN clan, I won't be joining. Well, not yet anyway.All I was saying was that joining a league isn't as substantial as something like moving to a far-away country. It takes less than a minute, has no tryouts, and no skill requirement.

Don Deano
26 Nov 2006, 18:21
I know there are a lot of 'fun' clans, but I really see no point in having a clan or being in one if you're not going to compete. It's more a circle of friends I guess. You'd only find that on such a game as this. :-P

.avirex
10 Dec 2006, 06:55
Military Mindzzzzzzzz!!! Dirty Ol' Thuggzzzzz!!! Death Touuuuuuchh!!

karseet
10 Dec 2006, 15:28
I know there are a lot of 'fun' clans, but I really see no point in having a clan or being in one if you're not going to compete. It's more a circle of friends I guess. You'd only find that on such a game as this. :-P

So people wouldn't kick you from games, of course.

Run
10 Dec 2006, 20:32
Military Mindzzzzzzzz!!! Dirty Ol' Thuggzzzzz!!! Death Touuuuuuchh!!

Yeah man totally http://www.nanacide.com/images/Emoticons/350.gif