PDA

View Full Version : Good sites for submitting maps and Speechbanks besides wmdb and btp?

ngg
24 Nov 2006, 12:14
Sorry for the noobish question. What good sites are there for submitting maps and Speechbanks, aside from www.wmdb.org and www.blamethepixel.com? Thanks.

Muzer
24 Nov 2006, 17:02
Submitting? Maybe http://vader.wurmz.net

GrimOswald
25 Nov 2006, 04:30
Submitting? Maybe http://vader.wurmz.net

Maybe I'm dumb (Maybe...I wish) but I can't figure out how to submit stuff. Any stuff.

Run
25 Nov 2006, 08:52
Submit it to this thread ;) Vader will hoover it up.

GrimOswald
25 Nov 2006, 09:19
Hehe, silly me. *Slaps forehead* Not that I have anything to submit anyway...Speaking of which, anyone have any good ideas for speechbanks? I'm a bit low in the imagination department right now.

Don Deano
25 Nov 2006, 14:53
www.armageddonleague.com/forum

Sign up there, and post your maps and what not in the specific forum (or not, it doesn't matter). :)

rednecks
29 Nov 2006, 08:27
redneck@clanaf1.com and i will put them on our clan site.

Joeyjoejoe
29 Nov 2006, 11:06
Speech banks you say? Ever seen the movie Kung Pow? Do a speech bank of that.

asylumjim
30 Nov 2006, 16:04
If your taking requests for speechbanks ... I always wanted a Captain Spaulding(Sid Haig) from House of 1000 Corpses and The Devil's Rejects speechbank but I never had the time/ambition to make one.

[UFP]Ghost
30 Nov 2006, 23:01
Hehe, silly me. *Slaps forehead* Not that I have anything to submit anyway...Speaking of which, anyone have any good ideas for speechbanks? I'm a bit low in the imagination department right now.

Get smart with 86,99,chief, Sigfried, Shtaker etc....

GrimOswald
1 Dec 2006, 01:06
Oh dear, what have I started? I was thinking of more general ideas, because if I haven't seen the movie or heard of the character, etc, it's bit hard to make a speechbank of it. Also, unless you want sound files recorded from whatever the source is, it's hard to put on voices of specific people. (There are exceptions to this rule of course, such as Dracula, or if they have OTT stereoyped voices like a really piratey pirate) And if you do actually want their voice, again it's hard to find a suitable source if I know nothing about it.

Speech banks you say? Ever seen the movie Kung Pow? Do a speech bank of that.

Never even heard of it. Is it a Chinese martial arts movie? (That's the first
thing that popped into my mind when I saw the name) If so, I could possibly do a general version of that sort of thing.

If your taking requests for speechbanks ... I always wanted a Captain Spaulding(Sid Haig) from House of 1000 Corpses and The Devil's Rejects speechbank but I never had the time/ambition to make one.

Never seen House of 1000 Corpses. And The Devil's Rejects = ?

Ghost;546521']Get smart with 86,99,chief, Sigfried, Shtaker etc....

I have no idea what you're talking about.

Don't get me wrong, I'm fine with requests, you just have to realise there's a high chance they won't be accepted as my abilities are rather limited. (Which is why I was looking more for just ideas, as I don't want to shatter people's hopes and dreams:o ) Granted though, if I consider myself up to the task, I certainly don't mind.:)

I was actually considering doing the six sides...here's what I'm thinking so far:
Darkside = Somewhat poetic, kinda sounds like Mephisto from Diablo II.
Lightside = A Holy Worm Knight sort of affair.
Brightside = In your face 1337 worm. (But in a different way to the Team17 Test speechbank)
Greyside = Indecisive, nervous wreck.
Sewerside = Suicidal worm that lives in the sewers...or something like that.
Flipside = ????? (No idea what I would do for that)

Joeyjoejoe
1 Dec 2006, 05:19
Kung Pow is a hilarious parody of a 1970's Kung Fu movie. They took the original footage, used effects to change the main character to someone else, added in and took out other characters and changed the original soundtrack to mindless humour.

[UFP]Ghost
1 Dec 2006, 19:58
www.freewebs.com/donadam

My site says it all about the getsmart thing, even has enough sounds for a speechbank on it if you wouldn't mind making 1 : o)

GrimOswald
2 Dec 2006, 01:40
Wouldn't mind at all. I'll get on it when I can access the computer I use for this sort of stuff, which shouldn't be too long I hope...

Joeyjoejoe
4 Dec 2006, 08:15
What's up with WMDB at the moment? It says it's moving but its been like that for a while.

Etho
4 Dec 2006, 20:13
http://worms.atfg.org/

This seems like a very nice site. I do not understand why it has been abandoned.