PDA

View Full Version : In game reply

Chip
31 Oct 2006, 16:13
I have a few questions about the in game replay.

1. I can't skip it with the escape key but I use to be able to do so. But I'm sure this is a bug in the latest beta patch and you all have this? If not then, what's wrong with my computer?
2. I'm sure there was a way to re-wind the replay but I can't remember what button it was to do this and I have tried many of the keys out. What button do I hold down to re-wind the replay.
3. There was a third but I've decided to ignore it.

Run
31 Oct 2006, 16:49
1. I thought the space bar skipped action replays.
2. "R" forced an action replay, but I don't think rewinds have ever been.

This has been an in-thread reply, stay tuned for next post's thrilling conclusion!

bonz
31 Oct 2006, 19:19
1. Before Deadcode changed it the escape key skipped action replays and the space bar toggled slow-motion.
Now the keys 1-9 fast forward them, the shift + 1-9 slow-mo them and the space bar skips them (fastest forward to the end actually), just like in the .wagame replays.

2. I have tried several times and it seems that action replays now only show when you press the "R" button immediately after the action, i.e. before the worms health is deducted.

I can remember that in W2 action replays were triggered if a damage equal of higher than 250 was dealt or 3 worms died. That was the standard, IIRC.
Can't remember if it was like that in W:A too before the beta updates.

Maybe I should read the beta update readme... :p

Edit:
I have read the readme and found that:
the "S" button switches to single step mode during a replay,
and that speed buttons are actually 1-9 and 0.

Lex
1 Nov 2006, 04:10
1. Press space instead. Are you sure you could skip it with the escape key? I'm 90% sure you couldn't and space was the key to press. Could you please revert to WA 3.0 and test that functionality?

2. There is no rewind function yet. Deadcode has ideas in mind of how to do this, but he hasn't implemented either of them yet. However, there is a restart function which is triggered by pressing the R key, which I am certain works in full-game replays. I don't know if it works in instant replays. I'll check that now. Edit: It doesn't.

3. I am curious about this question.

OldSkool
1 Nov 2006, 13:40
I thought you only had to kill 2 worms or get 250 or more damage points, but maybe I'm thinking of Reinforcements.

KRD
1 Nov 2006, 15:01
It's always been 3 worms on WA. Don't really know about the damage. But for the replays to get triggered on their own, the scheme you're using has to have the option enabled.

bonz
1 Nov 2006, 17:09
Are you sure you could skip it with the escape key?
I'm quite sure you could. Just like you could (and can) skip the parachuting of crates with the escape key.
the scheme you're using has to have the option enabled.
I have enabled the replay option in my test of course.
I threw a sheep strike on 6 worms a couple of times, but the replay only started when I pressed R right after the explosion.

Muzer
1 Nov 2006, 17:36
Some weaponms don't AR.
Use different weapons (eg nana, zook etc) until you find one that does.

Run
1 Nov 2006, 18:13
I'm quite sure you could. Just like you could (and can) skip the parachuting of crates with the escape key.

I'm pretty certain that was the Space Bar, too.

Otherwise, you're suggesting that the escape menu is momentarily disabled during action replays and crate-parachuting, a claim I find difficult to believe!

bonz
1 Nov 2006, 19:09
I'm pretty certain that was the Space Bar, too.

Otherwise, you're suggesting that the escape menu is momentarily disabled during action replays and crate-parachuting, a claim I find difficult to believe!
Oops!
I stand corrected. It was the space bar on both occasions.