PDA

View Full Version : Error Message when downloading games

karseet
28 Oct 2006, 03:58
Hey,

This is a weird message I receive when donloading large sized maps off users when joining games:
temp.tmh is not found

it's supposed to be somewhere in my w:a folder, not sure where.

This only happens when downloading large/ very graphical maps, not with fast downloads.

Any help would be appreciated,
thanks.

Muzer
28 Oct 2006, 19:47
*searches WA folder inc subfolders and hidden files*
Nope. No temp.tmh in my WA folder. Just a guess, as I have no knowledge of these things, but maybe for big maps WA has to create a download file somewhere rather than just loading it into RAm directly (if it does that, as I said I'm not sure), but it can't create the file?

Are you logging on as an administrator or limeted account (on windows XP)? If the latter, try running WA with an administrator.

Lex
28 Oct 2006, 21:34
For reference, Karseet means "temp.thm", not "temp.tmh". He made a typo.

I'm not sure about this bug at the moment. I just wanted to make that correction.

CyberShadow
28 Oct 2006, 21:45
The most obvious question would be... do you have enough disk space on the drive your W:A is installed on?
You should have at least 100 MB free on any drive anyway.

karseet
29 Oct 2006, 01:35
The most obvious question would be... do you have enough disk space on the drive your W:A is installed on?
You should have at least 100 MB free on any drive anyway.

No problem here, I have gigs of free storage available on my C drive

For reference, Karseet means "temp.thm", not "temp.tmh". He made a typo.

I'm not sure about this bug at the moment. I just wanted to make that correction.

thanks for the correction :D

*searches WA folder inc subfolders and hidden files*
Nope. No temp.tmh in my WA folder. Just a guess, as I have no knowledge of these things, but maybe for big maps WA has to create a download file somewhere rather than just loading it into RAm directly (if it does that, as I said I'm not sure), but it can't create the file?

Are you logging on as an administrator or limeted account (on windows XP)? If the latter, try running WA with an administrator.

No problem here, running an administrator account.

In case anyone wants a screenshot of this, here ya go: (colours are weird for some reason when I print screened. Luckily, there error message is still visible.

Thank you for any help you guys may offer. This bug is rather annoying :mad:

bonz
29 Oct 2006, 03:23
colours are weird for some reason when I print screened. Luckily, there error message is still visible
Yes, that doesn't work.
You can make screenshots in-game by pressing the Pause/Break key, but it's not yet available for the menus.
Use a screenshot tool like Fraps (www.fraps.com).

As for your problem I don't really have an idea.
Seems to me that the temp.thm is only created during a game or while loading, as I can't find one in my data folder.
Could it be that something is write-protected? Or are you using file compression on that drive?
Maybe the drive is damaged.

franpa
29 Oct 2006, 04:07
several people have this error aswell... (not me) and im curious as to what causes it aswell... ive only heard that it occurs during map transfer...

karseet
2 Nov 2006, 22:50
No one knows? That's too bad :( This error message does get quite annoying.

karseet
4 Nov 2006, 16:07
Yes, that doesn't work.
You can make screenshots in-game by pressing the Pause/Break key, but it's not yet available for the menus.
Use a screenshot tool like Fraps (www.fraps.com).

As for your problem I don't really have an idea.
Seems to me that the temp.thm is only created during a game or while loading, as I can't find one in my data folder.
Could it be that something is write-protected? Or are you using file compression on that drive?
Maybe the drive is damaged.

People calim that there isn't a temp.tmh in the data folder, but I have one:
http://x007.uploaderx.net/x/temp.tmh.JPG

Syc0
5 Nov 2006, 04:59
Try creating a temp.tmh file and putting in your data folder lol.. a little crude but sometimes hitting things with sticks makes them work!

bonz
5 Nov 2006, 12:28
I'd suggest you delete the temp.thm file (make a backup).
If it is a temporary file as suggested by the filename, it should be created by the game when needed.

karseet
5 Nov 2006, 21:38
Try creating a temp.tmh file and putting in your data folder lol.. a little crude but sometimes hitting things with sticks makes them work!

Heh :) crude indeed.

I'd suggest you delete the temp.thm file (make a backup).
If it is a temporary file as suggested by the filename, it should be created by the game when needed.

I will try this method :D