PDA

View Full Version : W:A used to start, now it doesn't.

telegraph
27 Oct 2006, 14:48
Hi, I had Armageddon installed with all the right patches and such, and it worked fine for quite a few months on winXP. then, i try to launch it, and it tells me 'armageddon has encountered a fault and needs to close', every time. so i reinstall, and it works twice, then same thing happens.

Does anyone have any idea what could be the problem??

thanks,

mike*

Alien King
27 Oct 2006, 16:16
After double-clicking the exe file, keep clicking the mouse rapidly. If it works, you'll see the logo screens (you can stop clicking then).

telegraph
28 Oct 2006, 19:23
that worked...how the hell did that work? is it going to be fixed in the next patch? what actually went wrong?

MadEwokHerd
28 Oct 2006, 21:47
How AK managed to come up with that I don't know, but it's needed to skip the intro, particularly the worm song part of it, on Wine to prevent sound problems (or probably a crash in my case). I've never heard of similar problems on Windows, and if it is related to sound you'll probably have problems in other parts of the game.

Alien King
28 Oct 2006, 23:15
What it actually is, I don't know. It sounds Intro related though. When I had the problem, it sometimes did work. Then I found the solution.

KRD
28 Oct 2006, 23:57
Wouldn't a much tidier solution be adding "/nointro" after the target line of your shortcut, though?

Alien King
29 Oct 2006, 00:04
Wouldn't a much tidier solution be adding "/nointro" after the target line of your shortcut, though?

Probably. I don't get it anymore.