PDA

View Full Version : Vader's File Hosting: Doing things the hard way since 1734.

Vader
25 Oct 2006, 12:13
So as not to hijack Cybershdw's Water Colour Editor (http://forum.team17.co.uk/showthread.php?t=29333) thread, I have set up this dedicated thread for people to ask me to host their files.

If your file is too big to attach to the thread, send me a PM and we'll discuss other methods. Until then, just attach the file to the thread and I'll pop it onto the site.

Files which are accepted:

Speechbanks (zip format, filename must be identical to the folder the speechbank will go in).
Flags.
Graves.
Links to your website(s).
Water Colour Editor presets (.txt file and screenshot of the preview panel in WCE).

Later I'll consider other stuff such as maps and images but for now this should be enough.

So, get attaching!

[UFP]Ghost
25 Oct 2006, 12:27
how much space you got?

Vader
25 Oct 2006, 15:20
Ghost;539836']how much space you got?

Enough. :)

[UFP]Ghost
25 Oct 2006, 23:34
could you devote 920 mb to my speechbank collection?

franpa
26 Oct 2006, 01:29
wowza's... you know ghost you could tone the quality of the files down and save space with no detectable quality loss.

[UFP]Ghost
26 Oct 2006, 02:41
wowza's... you know ghost you could tone the quality of the files down and save space with no detectable quality loss.

Correction: I Know Franpa could

and how would i do this?

p.s. that 356 sound banks.

franpa
26 Oct 2006, 03:07
db power amp...

Vader
26 Oct 2006, 16:59
Ghost;539954']356 sound banks.

Oh my god.

How about you pick your top 5? I have to vet this somehow.

[UFP]Ghost
28 Oct 2006, 20:04
Oh my god.

How about you pick your top 5? I have to vet this somehow.

can't i put em all up :(

Vader
28 Oct 2006, 22:04
Well, theoretically you could; however, I'm not going to host that many soundbanks out of the blue.

As I say, pick your top 5 and if they're really good I'll consider putting more on.

You gotta give other people a chance to have their speechbanks seen! :)

When I've had the time to learn some PHP and can write a directory listing script I will be more inclined to host them all. As it is it'd be a lot of manually putting the links, names and filesizes... for 356 files.

Maybe you can see why I'm not keen.

mr_awesome
29 Oct 2006, 06:17
Vader, I am making a small pack of files. It will be ready soon.

[UFP]Ghost
29 Oct 2006, 13:29
Well, theoretically you could; however, I'm not going to host that many soundbanks out of the blue.

As I say, pick your top 5 and if they're really good I'll consider putting more on.

You gotta give other people a chance to have their speechbanks seen! :)

When I've had the time to learn some PHP and can write a directory listing script I will be more inclined to host them all. As it is it'd be a lot of manually putting the links, names and filesizes... for 356 files.

Maybe you can see why I'm not keen.

give me an example and i'll do that part.

Vader
29 Oct 2006, 13:47
Okay, here are the rules:

I host things I want to host: If you have something you'd like hosted, show me and I will decide if I want to host it.

If you repeatedly ask me to host something I am not willing to host then I will blacklist you. Your files will never be hosted.

These rules apply to everyone. Also, these are not all the rules. I make them up as I go along. Since it's my website, I can do that.

Choose your favourite 5. I will host them if I think they're not ****.

bonz
29 Oct 2006, 18:39
Okay, here are the rules:

I host things I want to host: If you have something you'd like hosted, show me and I will decide if I want to host it.

If you repeatedly ask me to host something I am not willing to host then I will blacklist you. Your files will never be hosted.

These rules apply to everyone. Also, these are not all the rules. I make them up as I go along. Since it's my website, I can do that.

Choose your favourite 5. I will host them if I think they're not ****.
Could you host the 356 brains collected from slain zombies?

Vader
29 Oct 2006, 21:53
Could you host the 356 brains collected from slain zombies?

Most probably. They'd be in my Recycle Bin ready to be converted into power, though.

Elliott
30 Oct 2006, 10:09
Actually, ghost, I probably have enough space for that. Whether I have enough bandwidth and/or upstream to upload it might be a problem. :P I could give you FTP access for you to upload them and then i dunno... you pay for the bandwidth or something? :D

[UFP]Ghost
23 Dec 2006, 22:30
i'v been organizing all my sound banks and as of this moment it's 468 soundbanks.

edit i'v actually been organizing everything in all my folders :D
6.5/.6 gb of data :D

franpa
24 Dec 2006, 03:51
dont forget to defrag your hard drive once you finish managing the files.

Vader
24 Dec 2006, 12:30
Don't forget to wipe your bumbum when you've been to the potty.

[UFP]Ghost
24 Dec 2006, 16:46
Don't forget to wipe your bumbum when you've been to the potty.

why do i do this?

Vader
24 Dec 2006, 20:53
Because if you don't you will smell terrible.

M3ntal
25 Dec 2006, 15:54
Vader, you can set an option on your web account to give directory listings when there is no index page available.

Alternatively, the PHP functions you want are readdir() and opendir().