PDA

View Full Version : Change of name plz

xEMFxEmine
17 Oct 2006, 01:09
Hi, i signed up here long time ago when i was in EMF, now im not i would like it removed from my name, plus i know you shoudent have clan in your name anyways, plus i made i little misstake anyway with my name, Should be Eminef not Emine.
So can i MOB plz change my name from "xEMFxEmine" To just "Eminef"

Thanks ! :-/

GoDxWyvern
17 Oct 2006, 01:30
Not gonna happen, they didn't want to change my nick either. :P But that's maybe because the nick Wyvern is already taken.

xEMFxEmine
17 Oct 2006, 01:57
Aww ok, Lets hope (Eminef) isnt taken.:o

bonz
17 Oct 2006, 04:16
Aww ok, Lets hope (Eminef) isnt taken.:o
No, it isn't.
http://forum.team17.co.uk/memberlist.php?do=search

IIRC, either APJ or Sel have allowed someone to create a new account and then deleted the old one.
Writing a private message to the admin could to the trick, BUT the problem is, that currently there is no admin, as Sel has left T17 on October 6th. :p

AndrewTaylor
17 Oct 2006, 11:25
No, it isn't.
http://forum.team17.co.uk/memberlist.php?do=search

IIRC, either APJ or Sel have allowed someone to create a new account and then deleted the old one.
Writing a private message to the admin could to the trick, BUT the problem is, that currently there is no admin, as Sel has left T17 on October 6th. :p

Well, last time someone asked this the general feeling was that it would be too confusing if people changed their names much, and that it would have a sort of "floodgates" effect.

I think really it's a question of time -- only admins can do it and they all have better things to do, such as make sure WormNet stays broadly up and running.

[UFP]Ghost
17 Oct 2006, 12:22
i'm no admin, but how long can it take to change a name?

GoDxWyvern
17 Oct 2006, 13:23
Around 30 seconds. ;> But I can see where AndrewTaylor is coming from.

xEMFxEmine
17 Oct 2006, 15:14
I'm an admin on my clan forum and yeah it takes no longer then 30 seconds. :confused:

bonz
17 Oct 2006, 15:19
Somewhere on the forum someone estimated an average teamster's work schedule.
Beer guzzling consumes the most time.

The remaining 30 seconds are better spent on keeping the business running then changing someone's forum nick name.

AndrewTaylor
17 Oct 2006, 15:48
Around 30 seconds. ;> But I can see where AndrewTaylor is coming from.

It takes around a minute, I'd say, to change one. But that's if you're logged in and sat at the computer already. If you're off doing an actual job then you have to go to a computer that can do it, go to the site, log on, find the user who wants their name changing, log on again to the admin panel, change the name, log out, and go back to whatever you were doing. Say that takes ten minutes. Then if 40 people want you to do it that's a full working day gone. (Assuming that they all ask separately, as you could obviously do a lot at once and save time. But they will all ask separately, of that I have no doubt.)

CyberShadow
17 Oct 2006, 18:17
It takes around a minute, I'd say, to change one. But that's if you're logged in and sat at the computer already. If you're off doing an actual job then you have to go to a computer that can do it, go to the site, log on, find the user who wants their name changing, log on again to the admin panel, change the name, log out, and go back to whatever you were doing. Say that takes ten minutes. Then if 40 people want you to do it that's a full working day gone. (Assuming that they all ask separately, as you could obviously do a lot at once and save time. But they will all ask separately, of that I have no doubt.)
Then, how about everyone who wants their nick changed say so in this thread, and all requests be processed by an administrator, say, once a week?

Stating the user's current nick in the post would help to track username changes by just looking in this thread. Also, I believe that a limit of 1 (one) nick change per account is fair enough.

thomasp
17 Oct 2006, 18:25
Also remember that there is no proper forum admin now, so name changes won't happen (they wouldn't before, anyway).

Might as well close this thread now, since its been answered.