PDA

View Full Version : Worms Armageddon weapons panel doesn't show

LordOTG
8 Oct 2006, 17:33
I have a ATI Radeon Xpress 200M in an Acer Laptop. I have the latest drivers I could find that worked (6.6 from the acer site). Also DX 9.0c installed, and the W:A v3.6.26.5 patch.

I looked arround for this, but i could find nothing so I hope it hasn't been posted already.

Now, when I click the right mouse button in game the weapon panel should pop up, well it does, because I can sellect weapons and such but there is no visual representation. I can see even see stuff move on the spot it should show. So if anyone knows what may cause this and how to fix it. Please let me know.

bonz
8 Oct 2006, 22:05
Hmm, seems to be a new bug.

These two people had a similar problem where the right mouse button didn't work at all:
http://forum.team17.co.uk/showthread.php?t=24039
http://forum.team17.co.uk/showthread.php?t=29164
Both were using "Stroke It", a screen gesture tool, which needed to be configured properly.

Perhaps it's the same problem.

LordOTG
9 Oct 2006, 14:38
No I've got a clean installed laptop. Not even acer crap on it. And I know the pannel does show since the mouse stops moving the screen and I can select a weapon when I click on the place the pannel should be.

It's really strange since I thing the menu escape brings up should be the same system.

bonz
9 Oct 2006, 15:21
No I've got a clean installed laptop. Not even acer crap on it. And I know the pannel does show since the mouse stops moving the screen and I can select a weapon when I click on the place the pannel should be.
Well, sounds like some graphic glitch then.
It's really strange since I thing the menu escape brings up should be the same system.
Does the escape menu work?

Deadcode
10 Oct 2006, 04:37
Has the weapons panel ever showed for you, LortOTG? Is it just on your new computer that the problem appeared?

LordOTG
10 Oct 2006, 17:13
It's just on this new laptop.

And yes the escape menu does work. It sounds like a driver problem to me, but I haven't found a ati version of laptopvideo2go.com if it even exists.

bonz
10 Oct 2006, 23:37
laptop
Are you using an external mouse device or the built in touch thingie?

LordOTG
10 Oct 2006, 23:54
I tried both, but it's a graphical problem. The panel is there i just can't see it.

Lex
11 Oct 2006, 16:24
It's really strange since I thing the menu escape brings up should be the same system.The escape menu actually uses different code/methodology from the weapons panel. The weapons panel actually opens using WA's game time, whereas the escape menu opens despite this, based on real time. In theory, if you tried to open the weapons panel while motion is slowed down (such as in a replay with slow motion enabled), it would open in slow motion, while the escape menu would open at a normal speed.

Regarding your problem, it sounds like, for some strange reason, the weapons panel is remaining on the outside of the screen and not executing its movement algorithm, somehow. All the WA HUD menus are constantly open and drawn, but beyond the screen boundaries, as far as I know.

CyberShadow
11 Oct 2006, 18:05
To clarify:

1) when you right-click to open the weapons panel, your mouse cursor's position restricted in a rectangle the shape of the weapons panel, and in the position where the weapons panel should be;
2) when you open the weapons panel, there is absolutely no visual feedback, except for the fact that the mouse cursor becomes visible and is restricted to a certain area of the screen;
3) clicking (blindly) inside the invisible weapons panel box selects weapons.

Is this correct?

LordOTG
13 Oct 2006, 12:58
Yep, exactly my (strange) problem.

KRD
13 Oct 2006, 13:25
I did have a similar problem in another game with the Voodoo3 card from my old comp. In Guilty Gear X, a 2D fighting game, some of the character sprites simply didn't show most of the time [they did in some parts of the screen, though]. It went away as I installed newer drivers for the card. The Omega ones, namely.

The driver update also fixed the issue where Worms Blast characters didn't show up, but those are 3D, so it might have been a completely unrelated issue. Especially since you have a comparatively new ATI card.