PDA

View Full Version : a request relating to how weapons work.

franpa
8 Oct 2006, 12:18
will it be possible to add support for remembered weapons like in worms 2? as i find it annoying when roping to have my rope switch to the secondary weapon all the time every time i land.

KRD
8 Oct 2006, 13:52
Brace for impact. People who have spent half their lifetime getting used to something will not want to see it get changed.

franpa
9 Oct 2006, 00:00
ack, i only meant if what i suggested could be a feature added to the scheme format.... it's a change that the hoster has control over... thus if you dont like it join another game that has it how you like it... just like in worms 2... you had control over what were remembered weapons and what wern't.

bonz
9 Oct 2006, 00:34
ack, i only meant if what i suggested could be a feature added to the scheme format.... it's a change that the hoster has control over... thus if you dont like it join another game that has it how you like it... just like in worms 2... you had control over what were remembered weapons and what wern't.
I think it should rather be a client side option.
After all, only you might like a certain combination of remembered weapons.
And how would you check which weapons the host has set on remembered anyway?

It could be an adavantage though, for example if you set aqua sheeps not to be remembered.
(In a Team17 game you don't want your enemy to know that you have one.)
But if everyone can customise it, it shouldn't be a problem.

franpa
9 Oct 2006, 00:57
well, that is definatly better then the host having control over it... so i change what i want to match what bonz just suggested.

Plutonic
9 Oct 2006, 12:16
I'm pretty certain the 'remember weapon' option is supported by WA somewhere. In one of the fiddlers i think it was an option. It's not a bad idea so I will make sure that DC or CS know about it, but I wouldn't expaect anything soon as it will have a low priorety.

bonz
9 Oct 2006, 12:39
I'm pretty certain the 'remember weapon' option is supported by WA somewhere. In one of the fiddlers i think it was an option.
Indeed, it is an option in Fiddler.

franpa
9 Oct 2006, 13:08
I'm pretty certain the 'remember weapon' option is supported by WA somewhere. In one of the fiddlers i think it was an option. It's not a bad idea so I will make sure that DC or CS know about it, but I wouldn't expaect anything soon as it will have a low priorety.

ok! :D .

Lex
11 Oct 2006, 16:40
Remembered weapon selections and changing direction from the parachute are two features I liked in Worms 2 which were removed from Worms Armageddon. I'm sure you're missing both of those, Franpa.

bonz
11 Oct 2006, 16:46
Remembered weapon selections and changing direction from the parachute are two features I liked in Worms 2 which were removed from Worms Armageddon. I'm sure you're missing both of those, Franpa.
I think every single feature that is in W1, WR, WU, WDC, W2 and WWP but not in W:A should be included.
Also maybe stuff from Worms Blast.
Maybe even some stuff form W3D, Forts & W4M.

Muzer
11 Oct 2006, 17:06
changing direction from the parachute

:eek:

HOW DO YOU DO THAT IN WORMS 2??

KRD
11 Oct 2006, 22:23
You hold down either the left or the right arrow key while shooting the rope from the parachute.

Edit: Also I would rather not see it get implemented in WA.

franpa
12 Oct 2006, 00:13
mmm, i've honestly never noticed the parachute limitation... never really needed to change direction in w:a so far when using the para... and unsure if i even ever knew about it in w2.

bloopy
12 Oct 2006, 09:28
never really needed to change direction in w:a so far when using the para
The main uses of the feature would be if you want to shoot the rope in a different direction or you want to drop mad cows in different directions. Which would be nice to have in W:A. :)

franpa
12 Oct 2006, 11:23
yea i can definatly see its potential... just never took advantage of it in w2... or if i do then i do it subconsciously.

bonz
12 Oct 2006, 14:00
The main uses of the feature would be if you want to shoot the rope in a different direction or you want to drop mad cows in different directions. Which would be nice to have in W:A. :)
This should be enabled for the rope and bungee too then.

Lex
12 Oct 2006, 15:05
It was well-used in rope races in many places, including when hitting a wall, then being blown toward the wall so close that your rope wouldn't be able to attach. In that case, you'd turn from the 'chute and attach to the opposite side of the shaft.