PDA

View Full Version : Need Help

Monstr
6 Oct 2006, 15:29
How can I increase sensitivity of rope to space? But not using cheats!!!!
Help plz.

GoDxWyvern
6 Oct 2006, 15:39
Not the slightest clue what you mean. Do you have a problem with your keyboard?

bonz
6 Oct 2006, 16:13
Do you mean how the rope attaches to the terrain?
Most notable on ceiling with holes in shoppa maps.

Monstr
7 Oct 2006, 07:56
I mean roping such this (http://v-team.jino-net.ru/dload.php?action=file&file_id=47). How he can shoot rope so fast? And how i can do it without cheating?

Mablak
7 Oct 2006, 08:23
There are many ways to shoot the rope out quickly. Most people use one finger, and with that you just have to practice and eventually you'll be able to get at least 10 taps per second, which is about all you'll need. Combined with timing you'll be able to shoot rope very fast just with that tapping speed. If you really want fast taps you can learn finger roll, that implies using two fingers alternating to hit space. But keep in mind that no amount of taps can give you quality roping, it just takes loads of practice.

Sometimes if your kb is really awful, like my laptop's keyboard, it won't even let you tap space more than 4 times per second or so, but this usually isn't the case.

franpa
7 Oct 2006, 09:11
constipated silkworm @ www.blamethepixel.com allows faster rope tapping via just holding the right alt key down...

run CS then run W:A (while keeping CS open) and hold down the right alt key.

Monstr
7 Oct 2006, 09:13
There are many ways to shoot the rope out quickly. Most people use one finger, and with that you just have to practice and eventually you'll be able to get at least 10 taps per second, which is about all you'll need. Combined with timing you'll be able to shoot rope very fast just with that tapping speed. If you really want fast taps you can learn finger roll, that implies using two fingers alternating to hit space. But keep in mind that no amount of taps can give you quality roping, it just takes loads of practice.

Sometimes if your kb is really awful, like my laptop's keyboard, it won't even let you tap space more than 4 times per second or so, but this usually isn't the case.
I can roping such this(it's my too slow roping, isn't it?) (http://up-file.com/download/2afe69445454/2006-10-07-07.53.10--Offline-Round-3--m3t-lMon--eR---Apocalypse--training-player.WAgame.html), but i cant roping more fast. I wanna roping more fast!!!!
PS finger roll? what is it?

Maunem2
7 Oct 2006, 12:50
PS finger roll? what is it?
Monstr, I think he told about Playstations' joystick.

*Земляк, я тебе отправил личное сообщение... Чего не отвечаешь???*

KRD
7 Oct 2006, 13:04
Monstr. The person in the replay used the most obvious cheating tool this game currently has to offer. Since you don't want to cheat, the only way to get as good is to practice. It'll come eventually.

Also remember what Mablak says. It's not tapping the key quickly that will make your roping look and feel good.

Monstr
7 Oct 2006, 13:29
2KRD
If I understood you right, people can use rope so fast only if they use cheat programs?

2Maunem2
really?

*ответил:)*

Lex
7 Oct 2006, 16:30
That's not true. In the attached replay, I used no cheats of any kind and just bashed my spacebar as fast as I could. As you can see, I can make my rope shoot out just as fast as that guy in the "cheat" replay you posted. These are tapping skills developed over years. I don't use a finger-rolling technique. There are many ropers who can tap that fast.

Edit: Corrupted replay removed.

Monstr
7 Oct 2006, 17:09
That's not true. In the attached replay, I used no cheats of any kind and just bashed my spacebar as fast as I could. As you can see, I can make my rope shoot out just as fast as that guy in the "cheat" replay you posted. These are tapping skills developed over years. I don't use a finger-rolling technique. There are many ropers who can tap that fast.

It doesn't work.
"Version Error: Cannot play game file "2006-10-07 15.13.13 [Offline Round 5] Lunchpack Gang, SfX Gang.wagame"" What it means?

Lex
8 Oct 2006, 04:09
Sorry, I removed the corrupted replay then had to go for Thanksgiving dinner. Now I'm back and re-zipping it. It should work now.

Mr.Bad
8 Oct 2006, 10:29
i have same situation with Monstr
i can't shoot rope faster... you know it is like you play with low gravity, or like all worms under water...
the short rope shoots a little faster, but long rope can't shoot 2 times like in Lex's replay...
i tryied to learn about tipematic rate in BIOS and wndows settings, but it doesn't worked, so i just wonder how to encrease roping speed?
i understand what is finger roll, but for example: when i replaced some keys on my kbd for spaces i didn't get faster roping (it seams to work like finger roll with a few spaces)
i play roping games about 1,5 years...
so where ie the solution?

PS i can tap with 8-9 taps per second in windows with tapometer, but in the game my taps doesn't work

Monstr
9 Oct 2006, 16:45
People!!! Where are all?

yakuza
9 Oct 2006, 17:04
You can do like Mablak, Anubis and others and stick a piece of paper under your spacebar, i don't know how exactly this works but it gives some advantage.

But it's just practice. I use a really old keyboard and use one finger, and i might not be able to do perfect scrolls but i can shadow as fast as the game lets me.

So don't try to suddenly become good, just give it a few years practice.

[UFP]Ghost
9 Oct 2006, 18:03
You can do like Mablak, Anubis and others and stick a piece of paper under your spacebar, i don't know how exactly this works but it gives some advantage.

anyone wanna explain that that knows why they do that, as thats really random i think.

bonz
9 Oct 2006, 19:59
Ghost;536695']anyone wanna explain that that knows why they do that, as thats really random i think.
I think they do that to reduce the spring deflection.
They won't have to press the spacebar all the way down, but only till it presses the switch underneath.

Mr.Bad
9 Oct 2006, 23:28
can someone explaine how to stick that piece of paper? and wich size and where? :eek:

bonz
9 Oct 2006, 23:56
can someone explaine how to stick that piece of paper? and wich size and where? :eek:
This image shows the exact size, properties and location of the paper:
http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/3977/papermb6.png

Blitza
10 Oct 2006, 09:40
Hmm. Well as i see it, Mablak and Anubis use a hax. It is not possible to tap that fast and not fall or look messy.

franpa
10 Oct 2006, 10:58
im waiting on something from adam to help me with my roping... ;)

CyberShadow
10 Oct 2006, 12:53
Hmm. Well as i see it, Mablak and Anubis use a hax. It is not possible to tap that fast and not fall or look messy.

And, of course, you never even considered that Mablak and Anubis have learned to do this through persistent training - after all, they have been playing W:A for much, much longer than you.

evilworm2
10 Oct 2006, 12:59

Erm... YOU are the only cheater here, dude.

Distrance
10 Oct 2006, 17:15
Rofl I agree fully with Cs and evilworm...he is such a cheater

Mr.Bad
10 Oct 2006, 20:06
ty 4 ur answers m8s

Mablak
10 Oct 2006, 21:07
Why is Blitza still allowed to post on these forums? The type of people who think practiced ropers like myself cheat are the type who are either too jealous for their own good and/or cheat themselves never having spent proper time learning ropes, or they simply aren't experienced enough to understand roping.

Paper balls: it's easy to unscrew the back of your keyboard and put a very small paper ball underneath the semi-transparent plastic-type covering of the spacebar using tissue, normal paper, anything really, to soften your spacebar pressing. It's not necessary for 1 finger taps, but it's fairly necessary in order to finger roll.

Blitza
10 Oct 2006, 22:58
Hmm. I dont cheat anymore and i bet i could *** all of your ass's in any scheme (except for Mablak).

evilworm2
10 Oct 2006, 23:19
Hmm. I dont cheat anymore and i bet i could *** all of your ass's in any scheme (except for Mablak).

LOL. We played a few days ago (i was anon) and you sucked.

bonz
10 Oct 2006, 23:22
Hehe. You shouldn't bet money on that.

Blitza
10 Oct 2006, 23:24
Man we never played stop lying. U know i would *** your ass.

evilworm2
10 Oct 2006, 23:26
LOL. We played a few days ago (i was anon) and you sucked.

Man we never played stop lying. U know i would *** your ass.

How do you know?

Lex
11 Oct 2006, 05:21
Blitza, stop ruining this thread.

yakuza
11 Oct 2006, 19:25

You're easy cakes.

ShyGuy
18 Oct 2006, 01:40
Blitza I bash you at rr all the time and rr is only my 3rd best scheme lol.

Anyway I have a strange ropign style, I am right handed, but I purposly put the mouse to the left of the keyboard. With my right hand I use the numeric keypad for arrows, and tap the space bar with 4 fingers at the same time. And I don't rope half bad either :o

Mr.Bad
18 Oct 2006, 21:57
my wwp roping is faster
who can explain roping speed defference between WA and WWP?

CyberShadow
18 Oct 2006, 23:13
my wwp roping is faster
Read this thread: http://forum.team17.co.uk/showthread.php?t=23385

yakuza
19 Oct 2006, 14:23
my wwp roping is faster

The difference is simpler, in WWP it's easier to rope, specially concerning spikes/kicks because there's less posible angles the worm can launch to due to lower frame rate.

To put an example, you can have a marging of relasing the rope of 2 seconds in WWP and the worm will fly in the same direction, in WA, you have 1, as the next one will provide a different angle wich might not be the desired one.

KRD
19 Oct 2006, 17:06
Except that's not the case, Utor. I'll be the first to tell people I *feel* a difference, but it simply isn't there. Anyway, I haven't been able to run WWP in over a year, so I'd best butt out of the thread.

yakuza
19 Oct 2006, 17:29
Except that's not the case, Utor. I'll be the first to tell people I *feel* a difference, but it simply isn't there. Anyway, I haven't been able to run WWP in over a year, so I'd best butt out of the thread.

This can't be true. Kicks are much much easier in WWP, I've done lots of testing on it, on kicks basically because that was where i felt most of the difference, and it was way easier to kick on WWP.

You're telling me its all in the head??

KRD
19 Oct 2006, 17:35
I know exactly what you mean, yah. Kicks were always much easier on WWP for me aswell. The worm flew horizontally no matter how messy my timing was.

Deadcode listed 3 different reasons why it may feel different in that thread CS linked us to in his post. Inside that thread, there are links to another two threads, one of those sparked the debate. Read away!

Edit:

I just tried playing around with Timer_Workaround_Off and Timer_Workaround_On. On this laptop screen [1024 × 786 @ 60Hz], Off makes the game incredibly smooth, so that's the one I've used since it first appeared and will continue to use. On, however, makes WA feel a bit like WWP in that the display is choppy. It did make kicks, scrolls and pumps [Skidows aswell, it seems. Everything that has to do with timing?] seem easier when I tried it now, but it could just be mind tricks. Or the fact that I've gotten used to the unsmooth On version in the rather long time I've spent on WA and can't adapt properly to the silk-smooth Off version.

Anyway, maybe you should try messing with the two registry keys aswell and compare it to WWP. Can't do that here, WWP never worked on l'laptop.