PDA

View Full Version : Playing a NORMAL online match

Melon
5 Oct 2006, 14:02
Since starting university on Sunday I now have internet access and was looking forward to playing Worms matches on-line. However, all the people that go on WormNET are just interested in Ropers, WxWs, etc. I was hoping it would be full of people playing just regular matches.

Anyway, after trying a couple of times to find people for a game (I only ever found 3), does anybody know if there is a site or something where people organise matches so I can play a proper match? I don't know if this forum is the right place to ask so sorry if it isn't.

I've been looking through the forum a bit and it seems that the people who like proper matches just dont play much any more.

Can I organise matches on this forum, say, make a thread where I post details of matches and times when I'll host them or not? I'm thinking of maybe putting a page up on my website instead. Even then though, I'd still need someway of letting people know about it.

Thanks in advance.

Plutonic
5 Oct 2006, 14:12
Hmmm, people do play normal games, the problem is that those people dont tend to sit in AG. The best method is to find a community of players you like and get them on msn. Then you can easily ask people if they want to play.

GoDxWyvern
5 Oct 2006, 14:22
Get in touch with the people of clan NNN, they'll definitely love to play a normal game with you. ;)

Lyndon
5 Oct 2006, 16:25
hit me up on MSN Qytis@MSN.com me and my group of friends are into the none ropy games

Melon
5 Oct 2006, 16:37
OK cheers all.

robowurmz
5 Oct 2006, 16:46
Also get MyWormnet from CyberShdw so you can make a special server all for yourself and non-roper peoples.

Melon
5 Oct 2006, 16:57
I searched for MyWormnet in this forum and it gives me a download link at http://maplecenter.net/mywormnet/ However, this just comes up with a random page, and there's no sign of it. It's the same page that comes up when I try to visit some other sites (such as anykeysoft.net). Does this mean it's down or something?

Muzer
5 Oct 2006, 17:15
http://worms.thecybershadow.net/mywormnet
It changed

Run
5 Oct 2006, 17:52
Also get MyWormnet from CyberShdw so you can make a special server all for yourself and non-roper peoples.

To do that you need to have people you can invite, and if he has those he could just arrange pre-organised games instead.

Thus saving hassle.

Evil Bunny
5 Oct 2006, 18:08
Yeah, you won't find them waiting in ag. They are being played, sure, like lots of other stuff, but ehy are more often aranged games.

bonz
5 Oct 2006, 23:18
I like games with less ropes (meaning 1) and more fun.

The people of my clan (link in my sig ;)) also like many non-rope, normal or oldschool games.
Look out for the clan tag ||d1s|| on Wormnet.

Mablak
6 Oct 2006, 03:40
I enjoy all schemes, if you want a challenge in intermediate or something, msn: amikn@hotmail.com. But Melon, there really is no such thing as a proper normal game other than the intermediate scheme, worms has long been divided into distinct schemes. Also you might want to learn roping, it's confusing for everyone at first, but once you learn how to control yourself it's simply an amazing experience and, dare I say, the most fun to be had in any video game.

Melon
6 Oct 2006, 11:21
I'd like to think I'm OK with the rope, but it's not about that. I prefer playing games where people have to think carefully about what wepons they need to use and I always try to keep transport utilities to a minimum so that it becomes more strategic, unless it's a turn ender like girder or teleport.

I'm not saying that ropers aren't fun (I love the rope) or even sometimes strategic it's just that I'm more of a tactics and strategy guy myself.

KRD
6 Oct 2006, 11:40
I'll gladly play an Intermediate or two with you aswell. The nickname's "NogardDerNaerok".

However, I personally enjoy a scheme called Elite much more for exactly the same reasons you like non-rope schemes. While perhaps demanding and uncompromising at first, there's no denying it's the ultimate in quick strategic thinking, especially considering its current popularity and the relatively high average experience level of WormNet's population in it.

There is in fact a whole league based on the Elite scheme located here: http://wel.worms-league.com/

Since you like to limit any means of transport, you'll be happy to hear you only get 2 ropes/chutes/bungees in Elite. And a grand total of 20 seconds turn time. Another reason I prefer it over Intermediate is the fact you get to place your worms before the game. Just about diminishes the luck factor, especially if you stick to the scheme used in leagues nowdays. Link: http://wel.worms-league.com/WEL%20Elite%20Scheme.wsc

Dando
6 Oct 2006, 12:00
I concur melon....some people are totally obsessed with all that....I do play some grenade and longbow games but even then i have time for normal games.

I think some people belive worms should be renamed "Roper Armageddon" and it frustrates me. Lucklily there are a few of us into normal games also:)

bonz
6 Oct 2006, 13:44
I'd like to think I'm OK with the rope, but it's not about that. I prefer playing games where people have to think carefully about what wepons they need to use and I always try to keep transport utilities to a minimum so that it becomes more strategic, unless it's a turn ender like girder or teleport.

I'm not saying that ropers aren't fun (I love the rope) or even sometimes strategic it's just that I'm more of a tactics and strategy guy myself.
Sounds like the schemes "Team17", CTF and Axis vs. Allies are perfect for you.
My favourites by the way. :)

Run
6 Oct 2006, 17:58
Yeah definitely! There are always people around who are up for T17s. Start playing them ;)

Mablak
6 Oct 2006, 20:59
T17 and Elite are the only default type schemes that are popular, default just because they minimally rely on memorized skills of roping or BnG, it's probably best to spend time practicing those :D

Peltzi
7 Oct 2006, 22:48
I'd gladly welcome every wormer interested in intermediate scheme to the NNN community (http://nnnforum.jconserv.net), which Wyvern mentioned.

JoshJones1
18 Oct 2006, 15:17
I love normal games! Feel free to talk to me on Msn to ask me to play, BTW do you need that thing to play normal games? Or just host?

bonz
18 Oct 2006, 16:38
I love normal games! Feel free to talk to me on Msn to ask me to play
How would someone guess your e-mail address?
You can add your MSN account in this forum's UserCP menu at the top.
BTW do you need that thing to play normal games? Or just host?
What thing? MSN?

Evil Bunny
18 Oct 2006, 21:02
I'd gladly welcome every wormer interested in intermediate scheme to the NNN community (http://nnnforum.jconserv.net), which Wyvern mentioned.

Is that like the AAA for wormers?

Fluffybell
19 Oct 2006, 14:41
I'm getting Worms Armageddon and Worms 2 soon, I'll play!

Diablo vt
23 Oct 2006, 04:16
Get in touch with the people of clan NNN, they'll definitely love to play a normal game with you. ;)

Oh yes.:).