PDA

View Full Version : Saving PNG's

Prank
28 Sep 2006, 06:42
ok how do you save png's to make them work when you put it in the saved levels folder, everytime i try to save it it says invalid palette, i use CS2, i save it as a png-8 and 64 colors. any help?

robowurmz
28 Sep 2006, 07:13
Save it as a bmp first. Then use MS Paint to open it and save as a PNG. Works for me EVERY time!

Prank
28 Sep 2006, 07:17
but i dont want to do that, i know how to do that, but i want to save it directly as a PNG... i've done it before, and it doesnt work now... :(

robowurmz
28 Sep 2006, 07:21
Okay, try saving it as a 128 png, or a 24 png, or something. If it's a palette problem then that will probably sort it.

Plutonic
28 Sep 2006, 11:19
urrrr, hmmmmmm. Im just going to pretend robowurmz didnt post...

What program are you using to create the PNG's? Both PSP and PS work very well, gimp has been proven to cause lots of issues.

The file needs to be a 256 indexed pallette with no more than 113 colours actually in the palette.
pure black (0,0,0) MUST be in the palette, idealy as index 0. If it is not at index 0 WA will load it in 'import' mode, which may make it display with a modified palette.

Info on it can be found on CyberShadow's wiki page:

http://wiki.thecybershadow.net/Colour_map

You will notice that is says that 113 colours and up will not load - this is the number of colours, and does not include the black required and index 0.

CyberShadow
28 Sep 2006, 12:35
You will notice that is says that 113 colours and up will not load - this is the number of colours, and does not include the black required and index 0.

Minor correction: that's 113 counting black or 112 not counting black.

Plutonic
28 Sep 2006, 14:21
ah! yes that was meant to say and DOES include black :p or something...

lefortek
30 Sep 2006, 11:55
ok how do you save png's to make them work when you put it in the saved levels folder, everytime i try to save it it says invalid palette, i use CS2, i save it as a png-8 and 64 colors. any help?

You should swap from Rgb (or anything) to İndex. And then choose 64 colours...

Evil Bunny
30 Sep 2006, 12:21
You should swap from Rgb (or anything) to İndex. And then choose 64 colours...

Err @ dismiss plut's advise all together and still give a bad answere.

lefortek
30 Sep 2006, 17:46
Err @ dismiss plut's advise all together and still give a bad answere.

Oh my poor english...