PDA

View Full Version : Proxy Information is saved on the PC, where?

Crazy Goat
23 Sep 2006, 21:13
Alright, I will tell you my issue.

Laptop + W:A = Runs SP perfectly fine

I configured a Proxy at school, didn't work, and now I cannot get rid of the entry.

On my Desktop PC, I can say "reset defaults" in the configuration menu, and exit. When I open it again, it truly resets. (IE - removes faulty proxy information)

On my Laptop, I can say "reset defaults," and it will remove the proxy information before my eyes, but when I exit that menu - and enter it again... it is back.

I cannot connect to WormNet, and this difference is the only one I can pin down at the moment which differentiates my Laptop setup, from my PC.

(My laptop actually has all of the port forwarding, triggering, and exceptions in my router, and my PC doesn't... so don't bother). Also - no firewall, software.

So really, I am asking: "Where the hell does it store the network configuration data?"

Because I have uninstalled/deleted the folder/deleted registry keys/installed/installed/to new folder - around 5 times... and my Nickname and Proxy information is intact each time.

...but now that I reckon - Snooper doesn't work either... (laptop) :(

I am running out of ideas.

Crazy Goat
23 Sep 2006, 21:17
W:A Beta Version -newest :rolleyes:
Operating System - Media Center (SP2 Pro, basically)
CPU - Turion 1.8 (Speed stepping disabled, slow front end work around applied)
Motherboard - N/A
System Memory - 1024megs
Video Card / Driver Revision - ATI x200, 128 dedicated, 128 system (256). Factory defaults. (will upgrade in a moment, I highly doubt this could cause my problem)
Sound Card / Driver Revision - Integrated, not applicable
DirectX Revision - 9.0c :rolleyes:
Nature of the problem - already stated
Steps to recreate - ...

CyberShadow
23 Sep 2006, 22:46
C:\Windows\win.ini, the [NetSettings] section.

Crazy Goat
24 Sep 2006, 02:07
I LOVE YOU.

But... I am reformatting right now. It was specific to the PC, because I used a second laptop on that same network (no permissions), and it had no issues getting into the server list.

As such, I'll just reinstall the OS... HP clogged the thing up so damned much, I'd rather streamline the damned thing.