PDA

View Full Version : IRC block work-around?

GoDxWyvern
18 Sep 2006, 03:58
A mate of mine moved to England two days ago and will stay there for the next nine months, but he has a little problem over there. He connects to the internet via his university's network, and they are blocking IRC - which means he cannot visit W:A's channels, as WN is using IRC. Is there any way for him to view the channels nonetheless (without having to change the internet provider), or will he be limited to direct IP games?

yakuza
18 Sep 2006, 13:18
Can he play other games online?

GoDxWyvern
18 Sep 2006, 14:04
I don't know, I could ask him...

Anyhow, playing W:A online does work for him, because we were playing yesterday, but only via direct IP, so he wasn't forced to view the channels.

Flamie
18 Sep 2006, 16:49
IIRC deadcode was planning on doing a direct access to join games. Something like:
wa://<ip> would launch you directly into a hosted game. The problem with that is that he still needs some sort of IRC access to view the hosted games. Unless someone tells him the IP of the hosted games or something.
Unless.... Hmmm got an idea for a program ;p

Etho
18 Sep 2006, 17:27
wwp should work for him, it's 6677 instead of 6667

GoDxWyvern
18 Sep 2006, 17:34
Unless.... Hmmm got an idea for a program ;p
Save him, Marc. ^^ You'll have his eternal gratitude, and so forth.

wwp should work for him, it's 6677 instead of 6667
That doesn't help us though, because we're a group of like 6 or 7 people who use to play together every weekend, and none of us plays WWP or is interested in switching over.