PDA

View Full Version : What Team17 should do:

Vazaka
10 Sep 2006, 01:29
They should stop making the mediocre 3D worm games and make Worms Armageddon 2.

If anything, just rerelease Worms Armageddon with fixes and XP-Compatibility.

I would pay 40-50$ for a game similiar to WA or Gunbound, but I wouldn't even consider buying a 3D version of either.

Going 3D just destroys the formula that made the game so successful in the first place.

On a side note, I can't even play W:A on this machine because I'm using WinXP Pro.

Plasma
10 Sep 2006, 01:34
If anything, just rerelease Worms Armageddon with fixes and XP-Compatibility.
They already did that. They called it "Worms Armageddon".

Check the latest patches and updates.

chowe
10 Sep 2006, 01:41
They should stop making the mediocre 3D worm games and make Worms Armageddon 2.
Well, i would prefer a 2D Worms too because I really love this graphic for worms. But today it would be very strange to make a 2D game because todays technology and standards demand a game with a good 3D graphic. Maybe your right today game are fixed on their graphic engine and it isn't important enough how much fun it is to play the game. I'm not sure if it is more fun for me too play Worms 4 or Worms Armageddon.

[...]
On a side note, I can't even play W:A on this machine because I'm using WinXP Pro.

Download the updates. It is possible to play W:A on WinXP

Vazaka
10 Sep 2006, 01:52
Windows XP Home Edition - yes, but not on the XP Professional.

chowe
10 Sep 2006, 01:56
oh really?
sorry i thought there is no difference between XP Home and XP Pro:o

franpa
10 Sep 2006, 02:13
only differences are that in pro you can adjust user profiles and has support for newer hardware like dual core cpu's

Lex
10 Sep 2006, 02:59
I am using Windows XP Pro and Worms Armageddon 3.6.26.5 works perfectly fine on it. Vazaka, what error(s) are you encountering?

Dando
10 Sep 2006, 03:24
no problems with xp pro...and there never should be.

M3ntal
10 Sep 2006, 06:36
It even works fine on XP 64bit.

Muzer
10 Sep 2006, 07:56
www.nanacide.com/wahelp for help on getting your copy to work with XP

Vazaka
10 Sep 2006, 22:37
I explore my CD drive, go into the install folder and double click install.exe

This is the error i get:

16 bit Windows Subsystem

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT. The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. Choose 'Close' to termiate the application.

looking over the FAQ on that site now.

Vazaka
10 Sep 2006, 22:45
welp, that site is amazing.

Dando
10 Sep 2006, 23:25
I got a similar error once, after installing SP2 not from clean install....could be:

Registry faults, not full admin privelage, windows error...to name a few. Other than that one time I had a problem, never had others....no idea how to fix it though.

Then again, it could just as easily be something you have changed or else buggered up.

franpa
11 Sep 2006, 02:34
some programs delete thos files for erroneous reasons.

Seita
11 Sep 2006, 07:12
nanacide.com/wahelp, in frequent answers.

mr_awesome
11 Sep 2006, 08:39
It even works fine on XP 64bit.

Oh I Don't think so. I'm running XP Pro 64-bit and it wont install. Go to this thread http://forum.team17.co.uk/showthread.php?t=30106and find out.

M3ntal
11 Sep 2006, 13:58
Well, it has installed fine for me on 98, ME, XP, 2000, Server 2003, and XP 64-bit. MadEwokHerd has even installed it on Linux, using a windows emulator.

Rather than letting the CD autorun, or running the "Setup.exe" in the root of the CD, right click the CD icon, choose "open", open the "Install" folder and run the "Install.exe" that is in there instead.

Mablak
13 Sep 2006, 03:32
Obviously there won't be any more 2D worms. I think it'd be interesting to have a sort of 2D-esque game though, in 3D but the worm is essentially 2D, where the camera is always perpendicular looking at the worm to mimic 2D, but you can rotate the angle, which would also kind of make 3d roping possible.

franpa
13 Sep 2006, 04:44
you mean like what is done in SSBM/SSB ?

Plasma
13 Sep 2006, 17:33
Obviously there won't be any more 2D worms. I think it'd be interesting to have a sort of 2D-esque game though, in 3D but the worm is essentially 2D, where the camera is always perpendicular looking at the worm to mimic 2D, but you can rotate the angle, which would also kind of make 3d roping possible.
Discussed, a lot. But with the size of the maps in WA, it would be too hard to do.