PDA

View Full Version : To cybrshdw: What exactly does wkmagic1.dll do?

Muzer
9 Sep 2006, 10:09
And how do you work it? I know it's something todo with twisty ropes, but WHAT?

G-Lite
9 Sep 2006, 10:25
wkMagic1 can do a couple of things:
Encode a starting position in the map. (Handy for races)
Disable drowning (also handy for races, worms teleport back to the starting position)
Disable certain collisions (again, handy for races, worms go through eachother)
Set a wind effect on worms.
Disable grenade sitters. (for BnG)
Increase the number of mines up to 30.
Enabling the last two is easy:
To enable grenade sitters, get a scheme editor and add 200 to the grenade power. (so you want to set it to 202 for regular grenades with sitting disabled) (also, I overheard this is possibly broken at the moment)
To increase the amount of mines, set the mine power to a number between 200 and 230. The amount of mines is the power - 200, and actual mine power will be forced back to 2 (normal).

Enabling the others is tricky. They're encoded in the map. There is a utility to do this, but it's not very user friendly, and CyberShadow didn't distribute it along with wkMagic.

Muzer
9 Sep 2006, 12:14
Grr. Can you provide me with a test map to test these features? (maybe add it to the wormsfiles directory, along with wkMagic1, Fiddler password decoder and water)

About the last two features, w00t!

CyberShadow
9 Sep 2006, 12:21
wkMagic1 should be distributed with a few "magic" maps and schemes that have some of these settings preset. The standard distribution on maplecenter.net should "install" these maps/schemes if you unpack the .zip to your W:A folder - the schemes will be "Magic BnA" and "Magic BnG", and the maps will be in the "Magic Maps" sub-folder of Usel\SavedLevels.

Speaking of which, I think that the version I had online until now had a bug, and magic BnG (all sitting grenades were supposed to become harmless) was broken. I've updated the archive to version 1.02. Download link (http://maplecenter.net/wormsfiles/wkmagic1.zip).

Muzer
9 Sep 2006, 12:34
Oh yeah, I missed those :o

Run
9 Sep 2006, 15:23
Wait, what? What's this about? Why have I not heard of this before?

CyberShadow
9 Sep 2006, 16:16
Because the module is simply an experiment, a proof-of-concept which demonstrates that it's possible to manipulate with in-game objects in real time, without causing desynchronizations in network play, and without forcing the players to pre-load the exact same settings into their 3rd-party mod (like with the Fiddler).

[UFP]Ghost
9 Sep 2006, 18:28
2 things:
1. will this be made into a real usable module and not just to show such a thing can be done?
2. Can you add the ability open replays with wormkit as i tried to watch a replay of me and it didn't work so well.

Muzer
9 Sep 2006, 18:49
I think you have to open the replays with WormKit.exe... I might be wrong, though...

[UFP]Ghost
9 Sep 2006, 19:08
tried that and it got some error like: Couldn't start wormkit.exe + wa.exe or something wierd like that.

CyberShadow
9 Sep 2006, 19:20
I won't be developing wkMagic1 any longer, however there are people who are interested in doing that.

The correct way to launch a replay with WormKit is running:

WormKit.exe WA.exe /play C:\Path\To\MyReplay.WAgame

GoDxWyvern
10 Sep 2006, 02:23
It works perfectly well. Really nice job on that, a publication of it would nip a whole lot of BnG complaints in the bud. Provided everybody used it. Anyway, cool stuff.