PDA

View Full Version : Cannot connect to WormNet

NovusCorps
9 Sep 2006, 06:34
First of all I must say I'M BACK!!! I first got into Worms back in 2001. It was the love of my life and I played all the time. I even had a couple Worms websites. My cd got scratched quite a while ago and the backup cd I had got lost. I finally after way too long bought a new copy. I am so amazed how many people are still part of the Worms Armageddon community. It is quite awesome to see that work is still being done to bringing out new patches and updates.

Anyways, my issue: I cannot log onto WormNet. I installed the latest update so I know that I am not behind on that. Before it was simple for me to logon. All I did was simply logon. Now though it does not even detect my IP address so I had to manually type it in. Yet even after I did that and clicked TEST NETWORK it says "UNABLE TO DETECT IPX PROTOCAL" I'm not sure if it is the way that my network is setup or not. I am using wireless cable internet hooked up to a Linksys router. Maybe I need to open up a port on my router. I would think if that was the case though it was still detect the IPX. Any ideas? Oh and also I am on Win XP Pro SP2. Thank you and it's good to be back!

evilworm2
9 Sep 2006, 07:07
read www.nanacide.com/wahelp. and add paragraphs next time.

Lex
9 Sep 2006, 13:12
Just after having skimmed your post, I think you might have to switch protocols from IPX/SPX to TCP/IP. In the network entry screen, click the big button that says "IPX/SPX" on it until it says "TCP/IP". I hope that solves your problem. :)

NovusCorps
9 Sep 2006, 18:40
The IPX/SPX option is not even available. TCP/IP is already the one it shows and when you click it you cannot toggle between IPX/SPX and TCP/IP. Also I completely turned off my firewall on my router and made sure the firewall wasn't turned on in XP...still no luck :(

Lex
9 Sep 2006, 19:21
Oh. Well, you really do not need IPX/SPX protocol to play Worms Armageddon online. So, your connection problem has nothing to do with that error. If WA is already using TCP/IP, then it's some other problem.