PDA

View Full Version : W:A version 1.0, MIMP.

Vader
3 Sep 2006, 18:53
Yes, I am looking to update my collection of geekiness.

This time I would like a MIMP (mint in mint packaging) copy of Worms Armageddon v1.0 as it would have appeared on the shelves of HMV in 1999.

I've been searching for a while on eBay but nobody seems to want to answer my questions.

If any of you know where I can find W:A v1.0 MIMP then please kindly divulge that information to me so as I may purchase it and put it on a shelf next to Rockman X.

Cheers :)

Vader
28 Jan 2009, 16:02
I'm bumping this on the off chance someone can help me out...

I reckon I'll do the same again in 2011.

Plutonic
28 Jan 2009, 20:16
Hmmm, I still have my WA 1.0 Disk somewhere and probably the box, but in no way mint - not even sure if the disk still works...

Doesn't seem like the sort of thing you will easily find, hence the 2 years of no replys I guess...

bonz
28 Jan 2009, 23:13
Have you started buying every computer game twice since 3 Sep 2006 19:53? :D

Vader
1 Feb 2009, 15:37
Not exactly. Much like someone who's fanatical about books might hunt down first editions, I like to purchase MIMP games I've really enjoyed as a way of preserving them.

It's a real tragedy that games such as Mega Man X won't be playable in 20 years due to a shortage of hardware (both the consoles and the cartridges) and that people forget Duck Hunt and Mario Bros came on the same cart. I know they can still be played on VC or emulators, but that's not the same as holding a NES pad. :(

hundreds
1 Feb 2009, 18:47
...but that's not the same as holding a NES pad. :(

Dude man, I can almost guarantee you could find a USB/NES pad coverter somewhere on the web. ;)

Muzer
1 Feb 2009, 18:58
Also, people will always make golden NES cartridge connectors... maybe the cartridges themselves will die but if you're careful you could always coat them in gold ;p

Plasma
1 Feb 2009, 19:04
and that people forget Duck Hunt and Mario Bros came on the same cart.
SHOCK! People not remembering that, five years into a console's life, the developers made a very-successful bundle pack?! What a henious situation!
And not being able to use a NES pad? Oh the gods, they'll have to stick with the much-more comfortable newer pads, or GASP make the controller themselves! The horror of it all!

Yes, I do consider you a nutcase for trying to preserve the disc with the outdated game on it rather than trying to preserve the (superior version of the) game itself.
As a collectors item or something to show off how obsessed with the game you are? Sure. But to preserve it?

hundreds
1 Feb 2009, 19:24
Y' know... nostalgia is a pretty common "ailment". Combine that with the tendency to "collect" and you have probably 50% or more of the entire planet's population. He's just trying to have his own mini-museum. If someone were to ask me if I have over 100 in-the-box star wars guys in my closet, I probably wouldn't be able to say no.

bonz
1 Feb 2009, 20:39
If someone were to ask me if I have over 100 in-the-box star wars guys in my closet, I probably wouldn't be able to say no.
Well, do you? :D
Pictures please!

Plasma
1 Feb 2009, 20:48
I have over 100 in-the-box star wars guys in my closet
Nah, that one's too easy!

raffie
1 Feb 2009, 21:00
You're all a bunch of nerds and geeks :p

[UFP]Ghost
1 Feb 2009, 21:27
You're all a bunch of nerds and geeks :p

I think we've all crossed the line of geekhood, even you raffie.

lDarKl
1 Feb 2009, 23:28
All except Plasma of course. Haha.

hundreds
2 Feb 2009, 00:51
I have 105~ 1995+ star wars dudes in packages in my boxes in my closet.

Vader
2 Feb 2009, 01:35
SHOCK! People not remembering that, five years into a console's life, the developers made a very-successful bundle pack?! What a henious situation!
And not being able to use a NES pad? Oh the gods, they'll have to stick with the much-more comfortable newer pads, or GASP make the controller themselves! The horror of it all!

The point isn't that the game's progress isn't good and that we should be playing on old consoles, quite the opposite; the point is that gaming has progressed very quickly and without some sort of preservation people can't really see for themselves how far it has come.

Yes, I do consider you a nutcase for trying to preserve the disc with the outdated game on it rather than trying to preserve the (superior version of the) game itself.
As a collectors item or something to show off how obsessed with the game you are? Sure. But to preserve it?

It's a combination of the two, admittedly. As with my other 'collections' I only care to preserve things I have enjoyed in the past or personally feel it is worth me collecting. My MiniSNES is a good example of this. The SNES was - and perhaps still is - my favourite console. I'll probably never play my MiniSNES but owning one makes me happy. It's so dinky and light and I could whack Mega Man X into it at any time and play it on my SN Pro Pad. That right there is both preservation and fanaticism in one. An example of purely preservation would be the stack of 20+ N-Gage games I own, including some press release packs and stuff. Granted I worked on a couple of them but I have the majority just because they'd have been binned if I hadn't taken them and I think that would have been a shame.

Feel free to disagree but I don't this it's nutty, I think it's human nature. Perhaps it's a little materialistic but the truth is that these 'collections' externalise some of my inner personality and allow me to reflect upon it and to invite others to reflect upon it (or more commonly just enjoy all the things I have for what they are).

I have 105~ 1995+ star wars dudes in packages in my boxes in my closet.

Awesome :) I have quite a few Kenner figures myself but most of boxed stuff is Dragon Ball Z. DBZ is a terrible guilty pleasure of mine but that's for another thread which should never exist.

At some point I'll post a photo of some of my stuff. Why not, eh?

[UFP]Ghost
2 Feb 2009, 05:08
Everyone collects things. Some of our collections are less in value and less in size but what you collect shows off something about you i assume.
I collect worms games and files, as well as files pertaining to one or two other games that I enjoy on equal levels. I also began collecting my math tests and lessons and whatnot since grade 10.

Shirdel
2 Feb 2009, 08:41
Ghost;684625']Everyone collects things.

You sure about that? :p (Hint Hint)