PDA

View Full Version : Wormkit error

Muzer
2 Sep 2006, 14:23
First, I'd better say that WK worked fine until I came back from our hols.

Well, when I start the game via WK, An error message appears. These are the exact words:
(title- styled like it does when you run old windowed games in XP)
WA.exe - Unable To Locate Component (close button)
(white cross on a red background icon) This application has failed to start because rtl60.bpl was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.
(OK button)

Pressing either the x or OK launches WA witgout wormkit. A quick google shows that this file is supposed to be in C:\WINDOWS\system32 . However, on checking it isn't there.

The same google didn't find a download link for the aforementioned file.

A little help?

evilworm2
2 Sep 2006, 15:00
This file is part of the Delphi (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Borland_Delphi) Runtime Library (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Runtime).

CyberShadow
2 Sep 2006, 21:30
Which modules do you use?

I don't remember linking WormKit with any run-time libraries. Try removing modules until the error disappears, and report the module.

yakuza
3 Sep 2006, 00:30
This happens to me too after installing Replay Shark.

CyberShadow
3 Sep 2006, 00:37
Please try the version I have attached (I recompiled the source with my configuration) and tell me if you get the same error.

If not, I will ask G-Lite to replace the binary on his web-site.

EDIT: I have examined G-Lite's executable, and it looks like he linked with the Delphi's run-time dynamically. While this causes reduced file size, it requires the library binaries to be present on the machine, which in case of public distribution is usually inefficient.

Please use the binary I have attached for now.

G-Lite
3 Sep 2006, 02:57
Oops. :)
Thanks for fixing this, CyberShadow. :)

franpa
3 Sep 2006, 13:02
cybershdw is it possible lower the blue background placed under a level and extend the sky further down? (im using your override module for transparent water to work) and the module for allowing alt tab etc. doesnt work.... is it possibly to load multiple modules?

This file is part of the Delphi (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Borland_Delphi) Runtime Library (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Runtime).
how come the runtime link proves completely worthless?

CyberShadow
3 Sep 2006, 15:11
cybershdw is it possible lower the blue background placed under a level and extend the sky further down?Not without editing the binary or manipulating the game's memory.
is it possibly to load multiple modules?Obviously.
how come the runtime link proves completely worthless?The provided link explains what the specified terms are. It is far from being worthless. Distributing a runtime library usually requires a Delphi license, which evilworm2 probably doesn't own. So please use the version of wkReplayShark I have recompiled.

franpa
4 Sep 2006, 06:11
well... i can not get the module for allowing you to alt tab and use the windows keys etc. to work... only the file overrife works.

windows XP service pack 2.

franpa
5 Sep 2006, 01:22
how come the wkAntiKeyboardHook.dll and wkFileOverride.dll don't work together? if i use both via placing both in my WA directory then only the wkFileOverride.dll will work.

CyberShadow
5 Sep 2006, 01:34
That's very odd.

The keyboard hook which prevents Alt+Tab and other Windows shortcuts from working is iniated from a Windows XP system DLL - namely, shimeng.dll. I have no idea why would it do that in the first place - on other machines with the same set-up, the Alt+Tab and other hotkeys are enabled by default, without using any special means to block disabling them.

So, I guess the answer lies within WinXP's guts.

Also, you're saying that if you remove wkFileOverride, wkAntiKeyboardHook works?

franpa
5 Sep 2006, 01:40
yes. (but since there is a minimum length to a post i must include this text in the brackets in order to say the word yes and yes i am aware that this text does not need to be this long exactly in order to say just the word yes.)

CyberShadow
5 Sep 2006, 01:43
That is odd indeed. Could be a conflict with the hooking library I use (madCHook.dll).

Do you have any anti-virus, firewall or similar software that would try to interfere with other running programs?

franpa
5 Sep 2006, 01:46
"trend micro internet security 2006", "windows defender beta 2" and "spybot SnD" are the only realtime anti-virus/spyware programs i use.

franpa
6 Sep 2006, 05:03
sorry for the double post... but did you find out why the wkFileOverride.dll interrferes with the wkAntiKeyboardHook.dll?

CyberShadow
6 Sep 2006, 06:34
No, since you're the only one to have such a problem to my knowledge, and I can't reproduce this issue to examine it more closely - and I can't theoretize on it since I don't know what could go wrong by itself, unless it's related to the three programs you've listed above. Have you tried temporarily disabling them (as in, completely stopping their processes/services)?