PDA

View Full Version : Fast Sound On W:A

Tyranus
2 Sep 2006, 03:21
Hey there everyone, I'm new to this forums. I know that this problem *MAY* be solved with patches and stuff, but the thing is that I can only work it out a little bit. The thing is like this, I have WinXP and I got the so called "patch" for the game to work on this OS. It did work, but there were still menus that ran at 500 mph more or less, with the stars flying at 600 kmph or so. I got the other patch and problem was solved, BUT, there is a tiny little detail, everything works great, except for the sound, it plays really fast and the worms' voices sound louder than they should, for example, the Soul.... something voice (can't remember the full name) sounds as loud as the normal one, but I know it has more bass because in Win98 the game worked great.
So I applied all the patches and the sound still plays too quick, the menus and the game seem to be working great but this sound, is killing me, I can't stand playing this game like that, it's like playing a war game with no sound at all hehe.
I hope you can help me.
THANKS!!!
PS: I DID look all over the internet and the forums for a solution but I couldn't find any.
PS2: I have the same computer that I had when I played it with Win98, so it should be fine.

M3ntal
2 Sep 2006, 03:42
This is an unlikely solution as your graphics are fine, but it's the only one i can think of so try it:

Go to your Display Properties, click the Settings tab, click Advanced, go to the 3D or DirectX tab (you should have one or the other) and turn "Wait For Vertical Refresh" or "V Sync" on.

Tyranus
2 Sep 2006, 14:33
Unfortunately, it didn't work. In all my years of gaming experience, V-Sync hasn't done a thing for me, so, I thought it wouldn't work hehe.
Thanks for your help anyway, I'll keep looking for an answer.

Another question that I have, yesterday I was playing a Multiplayer game against the comp, and I wasn't able to put 8 worms on each team, what's more, I couldn't even fill the server with all the teams I wanted, and I'm sure that the game allowed me to put as many worms and teams I wanted to before this PATCH. Or am I wrong? It's boring to play a game in which 2 teams have 8 worms and the other has 7 =/
Thanks!

Lex
2 Sep 2006, 15:44
There is a maximum of 18 worms allowed in a game, unfortunately. This has always been the case. There is an external program called "The Fiddler" which removes that restriction when using it. Though development is in progress to make the latest version of Worms Armageddon compatible with Fiddler schemes, it is not yet. If you want to use The Fiddler with Windows XP (since a non-updated WA doesn't run on Windows XP natively), you'll have to follow the instructions posted on Run's WA help site (http://nanacide.com/wahelp).