PDA

View Full Version : A scheme which cannot be played

Vader
30 Aug 2006, 16:04
Erm... I made this scheme because I was bored.

If I try and use it the game ends immediately, even before worm placement. The team who was selected first always wins. I can't work out why :p

Basically, the idea was to lay a mine on one turn and then hit it with a baseball bat on the next. Nothing terribly new or exciting, but I've never seen a scheme do this before.

G-Lite
30 Aug 2006, 16:12
Round time is 0, and the end event is to end the game. :)
You either want to increase the round time or set the end event to nothing (set it to raise water, but set the water speed to 0)

Vader
30 Aug 2006, 16:17
Even so, shouldn't the result be a draw as both teams have equal health when the game ends?

Lex
31 Aug 2006, 07:37
It should. This is a bug and should be moved to the bug report forum. Please do so, mods. :)

yakuza
31 Aug 2006, 11:50
What about, when someone places all its worms on land, and his opponent drowns all of his, it causes the game to go to the "next round" screen even if rounds are set to 1. Was this already fixed?

edit: no it hasn't. Is there a reason why this happens?

Lex
31 Aug 2006, 13:08
As I recall, that is a draw because there were no turns played before the game was over, which is seen as "unfair" by the game, or something like that.

Seita
31 Aug 2006, 13:23
Indeed. Same goes when you accidentally (or intentionally, who knows ?) forgot to set the scheme. If the first player just Surrenders, the game counts it as an unfair game (means draw) because it was too fast, and guess what, on the "next round" [Copyright (c) 2006, yakuza] screen you are not allowed to modify the scheme.

Vader
31 Aug 2006, 13:30
Wow, 2 bugs, one thread.

*slaps forehead*

Muzer
1 Sep 2006, 20:11
Umm... isn't "intermediate" set by default