PDA

View Full Version : Help!!!!

steviebwoy
17 Aug 2006, 18:21
Hi guys!

Just a quickie, I've got a problem with my WA updated patched version - can anyone help???

Basically the menu screen is now displayed in all the pretty colours of the rainbow - apart from the ones intended. The actual game itself is fine but the menus are completely scerrrrrewed, displaying in a seemingly random blend of pinks purples and light greens.

I know this is probably mentioned in some random thread or help file but if anyone could pleeeease help I'd be eternally grateful - and will happily give you a WormNet game!!!

Cheers
Steve o

steviebwoy
17 Aug 2006, 18:37
I did receive some feedback to suggest updating my graphics card drivers and closing all other programs, but sadly that hasn't helped...?

CyberShadow
17 Aug 2006, 18:43
By the way, what video card do you have? Also please state your operating system, and any other system parameters you feel like telling us.

steviebwoy
17 Aug 2006, 18:50
By the way, what video card do you have? Also please state your operating system, and any other system parameters you feel like telling us.
Hi, thanks again - my graphics card is a NVidia GeForce FX 5500, I'm running Windows XP SP2, on a 1280x1024 resolution at highest (32 bit) colour quality. I've updated my graphics card with the latest drivers. Strangely, the game displays perfectly throughout on the unpatched version of WA, but the patch appears to have messed about with the menu display for some reason...

CyberShadow
17 Aug 2006, 19:01
Hi,

This is obviously a regression bug then, introduced in one of the beta patches.
I am wondering if it is possible to obtain from somewhere a list of previous beta updates, so we could track down the exact version when this regression was introduced...

Also, it probably won't help, but you could try importing SlowFrontendWorkaround_On.reg and see if that makes a difference.

steviebwoy
17 Aug 2006, 19:08
Yeah, I tried that (the slow_front_end_workaround) but it doesn't seem to have helped. It's quite odd that this is the first time something of this nature has been reported (trust me eh!).

Strangely, I have an old shortcut on my desktop from the previous version of WA I had installed (before the patch). It points to exactly the same file location for WA but for some reason when I load the game via this shortcut, it plays the old version of the game with my old teams, and the correct menu colours - though obviously without the new features from the patch.

I wonder if this is in any way connected?

CyberShadow
17 Aug 2006, 19:20
You mean the shortcut points to the 3.6.26.5 EXE but when you start it you launch the 3.0.0.0 (or whatever) EXE?

steviebwoy
17 Aug 2006, 19:21
Aha, you're quite correct - I've got 2 versions installed! Is this likely to be the problem!!? Jeepers, and to think I've been in IT for 7 years!!! Eeek

steviebwoy
17 Aug 2006, 19:38
:D :D :D

Did a complete uninstallation of both (!) versions of WA I had on my PC, installed the new one, patched that beatch up and it works like a treat.

What a flippin numpty!!

Thanks for all your help buddy, and sorry for the initial problems with cross-postery!!! See you on the WormNet!!!

CyberShadow
17 Aug 2006, 19:50
Glad you sorted it out.

Cheers.