PDA

View Full Version : Ger!!!

animeperso
13 Aug 2006, 13:32
ok i'm trying to play worms armageddon online. i have my ip address. but i have no idea what to do. i've read all the tutorials but i've gotton no help out of them. also i have not downloaded a patch. and i will not download a patch because i downloaded one and it gave me a VIRUS! now im really ****ed at this point. could someone please help:mad:

thetopcybo
13 Aug 2006, 13:35
u know, that if u dwnld the patch from the team17 website, which is http://wa.team17.com , u wont get any viruses...viruses only spread through online files due to carelessness of lazy users who trust some stupid sites to get files

animeperso
13 Aug 2006, 13:36
well im not going to download a patch. is there anyway to play online without downloading a patch?

thetopcybo
13 Aug 2006, 13:38
downld the patch, if u dont want to do things, then dont ask for help.....

no pain, no gain

edit: i will give the same answer for the below post....y ask for that question if u know that we can play it WITH a patch

animeperso
13 Aug 2006, 13:39
well you didnt even answer my question! can you play online without a patch!

animeperso
13 Aug 2006, 13:40
ok im going to download a pathc. can you tell me witch one to pick so you can help me.

thetopcybo
13 Aug 2006, 13:43
ah! at last u r on the right path....
here is the link to the patch:
ftp://ftp.team17.com/pub/t17/patches/pc/WA_Update-3.6.26.5_Beta.exe
http://www.nanacide.com/wahelp/WA_Update-3.6.26.5_Beta.exe
http://www.clansfx.co.uk/downloads/WA_Update-3.6.26.5_Beta.exe
http://team17.rinux.net/patches_pc/WA_Update-3.6.26.5_Beta.exe

try anyone

and be sure to download the patch4.0 when it is released....it will be announced in the forum :) :D

animeperso
13 Aug 2006, 13:44
ok but witch one out of those patches should i pick? i already have worms installed and im using windows xp

thetopcybo
13 Aug 2006, 13:45
pick anyone....i hv posted the direct links now....ftp is better, if it doesn't work, try the 2nd one, it will surely work

animeperso
13 Aug 2006, 13:46
ok i downloaded one and extracted it and now i have alot of files on my desktop.

thetopcybo
13 Aug 2006, 13:50
no no no......not in the desktop.....extract it in the worms folder....

delete the ones in the desktop, then run the patch again...
in the location of extraction, locate the worms folder....for example, if you have installed worms in c:\Program Files\Team17\Worms Armageddon, extract it there.....it will ask to overwrite the files...do that and ur game will be updated

animeperso
13 Aug 2006, 13:52
ok... i dunno why i dont have a team17 folder in my program files.

wait i found the folder nvm. ok im redownloading the patch agin

ok its all extracted in the right folder now what

hello? now what do i do?

thetopcybo
13 Aug 2006, 14:10
sorry for the delay mate.....now run the game...u will discover that everything is faster now...

now there will be 4 boxes....1st one will be single-player,
below it will be the onw in which a computer with a worm in it will be made...click on it....enter ur nickname
there will be 2 boxes there, one with 2 computers and the other with a satellite something, just click on it.....
there will be a new screen with two options...
team17 HQ and autologin....click on autologin...
then u will come to a screen with 4 different channels, team17, partytime, anything goes, and another one...

click on anything goes....then there will be another screen with a chatbox and some games.. click on the game which u wanna play(u will understand from there)...
if u r unable to understand something after entering the channel, ask through the chatbox, ppl r really helpful there

animeperso
13 Aug 2006, 14:17
ok half that stuff i dont know what ur talking about. i clicked the 2 computer worms, then i clicked on the compter worms agin? i dont know

M3ntal
13 Aug 2006, 14:34
animeperson, maybe instead of looking for tutorials, it might be an idea to read the manual that came with the game? It tells you how to play online.

bonz
13 Aug 2006, 15:16
Also, learning by doing is a great idea.

You already learned that by downloading stuff from obscure places on the web can give you viruses.

animeperso
13 Aug 2006, 15:37
ok yes learning is doing what ever. but when i click on the satlite thing nothing come up, its just some table with nothing in them

[UFP]Ghost
13 Aug 2006, 15:47
o i think he means the channels arn't there? but he got to the charts that display them with people in the second chart, etc...

animeperso
13 Aug 2006, 16:17
...well i figured out why the people wouldnt show up. but now that ive got that done. something else haaaad to happen. now when i try to enter a game online it says the connection was lost or something.

Run
13 Aug 2006, 18:50
At what precise point does it say the connection was lost? What's on the screen at the time?

Muzer
14 Aug 2006, 09:21
www.nanacide.com/wahelp
For all you WAhelping needs!
(No viruses, I've tested it) (not that run would want to give us a virus...)

Run
14 Aug 2006, 14:31
*shifty eyes*

bonz
14 Aug 2006, 15:16
(not that run would want to give us a virus...)
*shifty eyes*
Hmm...
That duck in your avatar already looks rabid too me.

Lex
14 Aug 2006, 21:52
*shifty eyes*LMAO. That post really made me burst out laughing in my office.

evilworm2
14 Aug 2006, 21:56
LMAO. That post really made me burst out laughing in my office.

Oh this happens to me all the time. I love the posts people make here.
Life would be sooo boring without Worms and the community.
Thanks a lot guys. :)

This is serious!

Lex
14 Aug 2006, 21:58
That is wonderful to hear, Evilworm2. I like warm posts like that.