PDA

View Full Version : Setting up Linksys WAG354G for wormNET

ZbignievH
28 Jul 2006, 12:32
Hi everyone,

I'm having absolutely no luck connecting to wormNET. I have a Linksys WAG354G router and have followed the guide given here (http://www.portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Linksys/WAG354G/Worms_Armageddon.htm) to set up the router.

I used 64 for the final IP number as this is what the game seemed to detect. The only difference is I used worms1, worms2 and worms3 in the "Application" boxes instead of "WormsArma" as given in this guide but I don't think that should make a difference.

Now I am sure I have done all I need to do here, but I still can't connect. I can only think it is because the guide doesn't explain how to set up the configuration in the game itself. Basically I now have my internal IP (the 192.168.1.64 address), a default Gateway IP and also my IP as viewed externally (if I go to one of those 'what's my ip' sites). I have no idea which 2 of these 3 I need to put into the boxes on the configuration screen in the game, nor do I know which box needs which.

I presume I need to activate the Firewall Support on the lef hand side of the config screen, but which IP goes in the box? What port number do I put in the box below that? Which IP goes in the 'My IP' box on the right? Do I need to force it?

I've left it with the 192.168.1.64 IP in the right hand box and left the firewall section empty and this does at least get me as far as the login screen, but then I get an error about not connecting to the server. If I do ANYTHING else at all (i.e. fiddle with the Firewall section of put another IP in the 'My IP' box) then I can't even get that far.

Basically I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I've found a number of guides for setting up the router but have found none that actually tell you how to set up the in-game configuration so I can only presume I'm doing something wrong there.

ZbignievH
28 Jul 2006, 12:49
In fact, if I check the 'Status' page on my router I get a completely difference Default Gateway IP to when I do it using ipconfig. So now I have yet ANOTHER IP address. Someone please help me before I go insane :)

Lex
28 Jul 2006, 14:37
I presume I need to activate the Firewall Support on the lef hand side of the config screen, but which IP goes in the box? What port number do I put in the box below that? Which IP goes in the 'My IP' box on the right? Do I need to force it?Your presumption is wrong, though it is a nice guess. Do not activate the "firewall support". In the "My IP" box on the right, put your external IP address, which can be found at whatismyip.com (http://whatismyip.com). Yes, enable "Force IP".

Also, make sure you have no software firewalls running on your PC, or if you do, give WA.exe explicit access through it.

ZbignievH
28 Jul 2006, 15:22
Okay, I've done that. I also temporarily tried disabling the firewall in the router and I have no software firewall running at all but I am still getting "Unable to connect to the server" errors. It's not just that the server is down at the moment is it?

Aggie
28 Jul 2006, 16:48
not to hijack this thread or anything, but how did you add 17011 to the IP list? It only allows me to enter 3 characters...:(

ZbignievH
28 Jul 2006, 17:20
It's not part of the IP it's the port number, I put it in the Port box. Not that it matter because it doesn't work anyway. Grumble.