PDA

View Full Version : Help please!

Giorgia
18 Jul 2006, 16:20
HI I'm new here and I have a big problem. I've installed worms armageddon on my pc (windows xp) but when I try to play a quick game against the computer the monitor goes all black and the pc stop working.It happens obviously even if I try to play the training mode etc...what can i do?
Please answer!
thanks to u all
Giorgia

lMCl
18 Jul 2006, 17:07
Do you have installed the latest patches?

If not you should do.

all you need is hiere wa.team17.com

and that is the patch 3.0 and the latest betapatch (for online gaming)

bonz
18 Jul 2006, 17:53
Even more info is here: www.nanacide.com/wahelp

Giorgia
19 Jul 2006, 14:44
thank u but now after upgrading the game it doesn't start anymore. An error says that "itkrn10n.dll" is missing.How can I do?

evilworm2
19 Jul 2006, 15:02
http://forum.team17.co.uk/showpost.php?p=515069&postcount=3

not hard to find, since this post in a thread below.
*sigh*

bonz
19 Jul 2006, 18:16
thank u but now after upgrading the game it doesn't start anymore. An error says that "itkrn10n.dll" is missing.How can I do?
Check the FAQ section on the very same site!
http://www.nanacide.com/wahelp/faq.php#r10

Lex
19 Jul 2006, 19:02
Or, instead of what Bonz said to do (restarting the entire installation process), you could just do what I said in the post evilworm2 linked. :p

bonz
19 Jul 2006, 19:17
Or, instead of what Bonz said to do (restarting the entire installation process), you could just do what I said in the post evilworm2 linked. :p
You're undermining Run's authority in wahelping.

Lex
19 Jul 2006, 19:46
I think much of Run's site needs some revision, personally. For example, it should explain why many of the steps are being taken, instead of merely telling you to take them. Don't take this wrongly. I still think it's a great site, but I also think it would do well with some minor improvements.

Run
19 Jul 2006, 19:57
There's a bit of explanation going on in the port-forwarding tutorials but generally I'm trying to avoid putting too many "whys" in with the "hows", otherwise it just gets long and tedious.

Having said that I think it's time to host itkrn10n.dll and replace that FAQ answer with a download link ;)

Lex
19 Jul 2006, 22:02
You mean "ltkrn10n.dll". :p Also, it's not just that file that would be missing, likely. Probably all of the leadtools libraries are missing, but it just reports that one first.

I think a guide with "whys" is much easier to follow, at least for me. Otherwise, I spend a lot of time trying to figure out why I'm doing these things on my own. Also, if you don't want to clutter the steps, you could put JavaScript links to explanations, possibly in a similar style to the additional information links on CyberShadow's zollaZ history page (http://maplecenter.net/zollaz/history.html).

slim jim 1
20 Jul 2006, 15:57
all you nee to do is download the newwest uppgrade from www.nanacide.com and save it in your worms armageddon file then your worms armageddon symbol will be overwritten. then double click the symbol and your game should work.this is how i solved the same problem

Plasma
20 Jul 2006, 17:21
all you nee to do is download the newwest uppgrade from www.nanacide.com and save it in your worms armageddon file then your worms armageddon symbol will be overwritten. then double click the symbol and your game should work.this is how i solved the same problem
He did, but it came up with another problem.

slim jim 1
20 Jul 2006, 18:40
he must of done it wrong because ihad the exact same problem and that is how i fixed it maybe try reinstalling it then try again

Giorgia
24 Jul 2006, 13:00
I'm starting to lose faith...I've installed itkrn10n.dll and now there is a new problem! Another dll is missing this time is the itfil10n.dll...how can I find it and...more important...IS THIS GAME AGAINST ME?I'm starting to believe it...goddammit:( :-/ :)

bonz
24 Jul 2006, 15:16
now there is a new problem! Another dll is missing this time is the itfil10n.dll...how can I find it
Search for the exact filename on google.
There are a lot of websites that specialize in dlls.
more important...IS THIS GAME AGAINST ME?I'm starting to believe it...goddammit
Yes.
Recent surveys in pubs in and around Ossett have shown that at least 10% of gamers are intentionally played games with by their Worms games.

Lex
24 Jul 2006, 16:51
Giorgia, remember when you're searching that the file name starts with an L, not an I. Like I've said two times already, there is no such thing as "itkrn10n.dll"! It's "ltkrn10n.dll". That's spelled with an L. The L stands for "LEAD".

bonz
24 Jul 2006, 18:17
It's "ltkrn10n.dll". That's spelled with an L.
Indeed. :rolleyes:
See the difference here?
i --> I
l --> L

Giorgia
25 Jul 2006, 09:45
I can't believe it!!thank u to all!!!!!!!It works :D :D

Lex
25 Jul 2006, 12:52
Hehehe. :D