PDA

View Full Version : Schemes Won't Load

degradatio
14 Jul 2006, 22:54
I can't seem to load the "[Full Wormage]" scheme or any other, even customs that are saved. Every time I exit the options it always goes back to "[ Intermediate ]"... The schemes only work in "Create a single or multiplayer game". In the main options, they revert to Intermediate.

..I'm a newbie, sorry if it's a dumb question/problem.

Plutonic
15 Jul 2006, 01:49
That makes sence to me, they only exist in the options so that you can edit them (the custom ones). Why would you want to keep a selection in the options area? From what you have said I cannot see a problem, if I'm just being silly (and a little too drunk) post what it is you are trying to do and we'll do the best we can to answer.

Lex
15 Jul 2006, 08:39
Here is my interpretation of the steps degradatio is describing:

1. Run WA.
2. Click the button to go to the WA options screen.
3. Select "[ The Full Wormage ]" in the scheme list.
4. Exit the options screen.
5. Go to the multiplayer screen.
6. Be frustrated that the scheme selected in the options screen is not selected in the multiplayer menu, but "[ Intermediate ]" is selected instead.

If I am interpreting degradatio correctly, here is my solution:

1. Run WA.
2. Go to the multiplayer screen.
3. Select "[ The Full Wormage ]" from the scheme list.
4. Set the rest of the desired settings in the multiplayer and its submenus, without exiting the multiplayer screen except to go to and from the its subscreens.
5. Start the game and be content that the scheme selected in the multiplayer screen is the scheme used in the game.

Basically, degradatio, there is absolutely no need to use any part of the scheme editor in the options screen because there's already a scheme editor in the multiplayer screen.

bonz
15 Jul 2006, 12:37
Basically, degradatio, there is absolutely no need to use any part of the scheme editor in the options screen because there's already a scheme editor in the multiplayer screen.
Ehrm, yes.
But the fallacy in this case is, that you have to select a scheme on the multiplayer screen before a game, regardless where you did the editing and saving.

degradatio
15 Jul 2006, 23:38
I thought I could use the scheme in Deathmatch... :rolleyes:

-thanks for the help, everybody-