PDA

View Full Version : Severe lag.

Koen-ftw
5 Jul 2006, 20:01
Hi all,

Over the past few weeks I've been experiencing heavy lag in both offline and online games. Basically what happens is that whenever I open a game, I can play for about two minutes and then lag pops in, especially when shooting a bazooka or throwing a grenade. This continues to get worse and worse every turn. I only run WinAmp and Kaspersky AV apart from system processes. My computer is free of spyware/adware and viruses, as far as I know.

I'm thinking it has something to do with the latest patch, as it has given me more problems, one of them being the game crashing after opening a game setup menu.

My setup is as follows, I doubt my problems have anything to do with my hardware:

AMD 3500+ boxed @ 2.4ghz (oc 10%)
Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe mainboard
Kingston 2048mb (4x512) @ 333mhz
Maxtor 250gb HDD
Sapphire x1600 XT (256mb)
Terratec Aureon 5.1 FUN

I also use a Logitech MX518 mouse and G15 keyboard for gaming. My screen is a 19" CRT, so screenlag is not an option.

Thanks in advantage, anyone who helps.
~Koen

[ Don't be too hard on my bad school English, thanks. :) ]

evilworm2
5 Jul 2006, 22:57
Over the past few weeks I've been experiencing heavy lag in both offline and online games.

Did you try to enable the slow frontend fix?

Run
5 Jul 2006, 23:05
No that won't be it; it happens in the game itself.

evilworm2
5 Jul 2006, 23:40
No that won't be it; it happens in the game itself.

I don`t know what it does exactly, i only know that it speeds up the gui, so it was an option to me. :)

Genexi2
6 Jul 2006, 09:08
Couple Q's come to mind...

1) This occur in any other game, in particular CPU-intensitive ones?

2) Hows yer PC temperature looking? You states yer CPU is 10% overclocked, odd possibility of it ovearheating slightly and clocking its speed down to prevent damage, but slowing down anything running in the process....even though Worms is an old game with low requirements, it still likes to use 100% CPU usage when running.

Koen-ftw
6 Jul 2006, 10:34
1) This occur in any other game, in particular CPU-intensitive ones?

No, it doesn't. I can play games like Oblivion without any problems.

2) Hows yer PC temperature looking? You states yer CPU is 10% overclocked, odd possibility of it ovearheating slightly and clocking its speed down to prevent damage, but slowing down anything running in the process...

My CPU runs at 28C normally, around 30C ingame. My motherboard goes around 34-36C. I doubt that is so hot that it triggers the overheating sensors.

even though Worms is an old game with low requirements, it still likes to use 100% CPU usage when running.

Absolutely true. Especially on AMD's, games tend to run at 100% CPU usage, and I have not yet found a game that doesn't.

evilworm2
6 Jul 2006, 13:21
Update all your hardware drivers if there are any new versions.
Have a look at the hardware manager. Are there any yellow question marks?
Update DirectX. Latest version is 9c.
Reinstall worms.
Patch and update game according to the FAQ at www.nanacide.com/wahelp/

Hope this helps.

Koen-ftw
6 Jul 2006, 15:21
Update all your hardware drivers if there are any new versions.
Have a look at the hardware manager. Are there any yellow question marks?
Update DirectX. Latest version is 9c.
Reinstall worms.
Patch and update game according to the FAQ at www.nanacide.com/wahelp/

Hope this helps.

No yellow question marks, except for a USB stick I never installed. DirectX is updated already. Reinstalled, and patched. Same problems. Could it be that something is messed up in my registry?

Muzer
6 Jul 2006, 17:00
I doubt it's the registry, as AFAIK WA only uses it for the data on how to find the game and how to view the replays. Nothing about the game itself, AFAIK.