PDA

View Full Version : Keyboard bug - MX518

Flow
23 Jun 2006, 18:47
Hello,
I ask me why this problem is there. When I'am ingame sometimes there is a short flare up of a small window in the middle of the screen (can't see what it is), and after that I can't push any button... :(

I have the MX518 and the neweset SetPoint software. Everything is deactivated. No game support, no specials for the wheel, and so on.

Can I log which program is disturbing WA? At WWP by the way the same thing.

I have the newest beta patch for WA.

KRD
23 Jun 2006, 19:00
The thing coming up in a box is most likely your firewall asking you to grant access to WA.exe. Either click on Allow/Yes blindly or set the permission manually in the firewall's settings.

Also MX518 is not a keyboard.

Flow
23 Jun 2006, 19:29
I don't have a software firewall. I only use Bitdefender Standard 8 (only AV). But I controlled. BitDefender is not the disturbing software. I deactivated it for test.

I know that the MX518 is no keyboard... But according to the FAQ it's because of the mouse setting. But I'am sure, that I don't hit the wheel and the thing occurs.

KRD
23 Jun 2006, 20:11
Couldn't you Ctrl-Alt-Delete out of WA when it happens and check what it is? Or does it disappear too quickly?

Flow
23 Jun 2006, 20:33
It disappears in a fraction of a second ;)

I told ya, I can only see a short insert windows in the normal worms game screen. But which window is not recognizable. Or is it maybe a Worms bug.

Has anybody here the SetPoint (Logitech MouseSoftware) installed and can play without keyboard freezes?

Muzer
24 Jun 2006, 07:24
Normally, WA just tries to go on top again, so that's why it may appear to dissappear

Plutonic
24 Jun 2006, 13:14
I have setpoint but only for my mouse, no problems here though

Run
25 Jun 2006, 15:43
Odd. Try checking your logs:

Start > Control Panel > Admin Tools > Event Viewer

Make a note of the exact time the thing occurs (synchronise your watch with your computer's clock) and check the logs for things that happen at that time.

Flow
25 Jun 2006, 15:48
I already watched there, no entry to this time. It's not a very good Event Viewer, mainly for system (not program) tasks.

Lex
26 Jun 2006, 19:07
If you use Process Explorer (an awesome downloadable Task Manager replacement) instead of Task Manager, and leave it on, it keeps a history of the processes with the highest CPU usage. You could try using that history. :)