PDA

View Full Version : Bng, whos right?

[UFP]Ghost
5 Jun 2006, 12:14
Me and someone had a disagreement. is it a cow to place a girder above a hole so i can't hit your worm? is it not? i thought so. he said it wasn't.

GoDxWyvern
5 Jun 2006, 13:17
If I understand it right and you mean using a girder for the purpose of blocking, then it's most definitely a cow.

KRD
5 Jun 2006, 14:16
Even using a girder to simply close up a hole behind your worm to prevent it from drowning is not allowed. At least in league games.

The only valid purpose girders have in BnG is to create banks to bounce grenades off. And even that has slightly diminished since the scheme with infinite teleports in it got a bit less novel.

Plutonic
5 Jun 2006, 16:11
im going to disagree, mostly as I don't play league games and think that the league rules are horrible. IMO the only time a girder is not allowed is when it is used to prevent a player from shooting at all. Protecting yourself may be unsporting but not a cow. All it means is taking one more shot to clear the girder and if you cant hit them, they cant hit you so its hardly an advangage to them. If you realy don't like it, host your own games and only have say, 3 girders. If they want to darkside then they are going to have to find a better way to do it.

KRD
5 Jun 2006, 16:44
Just saying what the official take on BnG is nowdays.

For a discussion on how to change the official rules of BnG, if at all, see this thread I made just now: http://www.laene.nl/CE/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4169

Alien King
5 Jun 2006, 16:52
I take the view that if you place a girder anywhere, it doesn't matter so long as you and your opponants can still attack each other (although some people seem to lack the imagination to attack with a girder stopping an easy attack).

If it blocks off anyone from attacking, the it's a cow.

[UFP]Ghost
5 Jun 2006, 22:02
thanx people u asnwered the questiona nd even mroe so in favor of what i said :D

Evil Bunny
6 Jun 2006, 20:47
i'm with plutonic on this one. There's no harm in protecting yourself, destroying it takes as much time as it takes to place it. It's a different story when you use a girder to prevent the other player in his ability to fire the angles the land enables.