PDA

View Full Version : Change flag in WormNet

thetopcybo
31 May 2006, 07:22
hey all u there,
im living in india but my flag in wormnet is always of USA.
Can i change it....i asked a couple of guys in WormNet and they said to change the regional settings....but the regional settings does not have India as an option....

Please Help! Fast!

bonz
31 May 2006, 07:37
Set your location to India in the regional & language settings in Windows.

thetopcybo
31 May 2006, 07:40
read my mail carefully.....i was told to change the regional settings to india.....but windows does not have India in the regional settings

evilworm2
31 May 2006, 07:59
... windows does not have India in the regional settings

my windows does. using xp... and you?

thetopcybo
31 May 2006, 10:40
win2000pro
u sure xp has india and not indonesia as 2000 as indonesia is the only one starting from 'ind'

GoDxWyvern
31 May 2006, 11:28
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;177561

This may be interesting for you... though I'm not sure if it's really that what you're looking for. On the other hand, if it isn't, it may still give you an idea of what you need to do. *shrug*

KRD
31 May 2006, 11:45
Probably half of Microsoft's employees are Indian, this is outrageous!

pilau
31 May 2006, 11:52
Probably half of Microsoft's employees are Indian, this is outrageous!

Probably 2/3.

thetopcybo
31 May 2006, 15:48
Hey!!!!
you were to tell me how to change my flag and not to complain about microsoft not putting india as an option in the regional settings of win2000 :@
Please help

thetopcybo
31 May 2006, 15:57
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;177561

This may be interesting for you... though I'm not sure if it's really that what you're looking for. On the other hand, if it isn't, it may still give you an idea of what you need to do. *shrug*

duh! it explains how to add a language pack....how can i add it if its not included in the list????

and by the way, i just want the flag to be changed. i don't want to install hindi(language of india)

pilau
31 May 2006, 16:39
You need to change your time zone to the India time zone. That would be GMT+5:30 if you're from New Delhi

bonz
31 May 2006, 16:50
AFAIK, prior to the beta patches, the game used the system language to get the international flag in-game.
Now with the beta patches, the game uses the location setting to allow to switch to more locations.

I can't really believe that Win2K doesn't support India as a location.
Try installing the latest service pack and check if you find other useful updates regarding to this topic.

These might help too:
http://www.microsoft.com/globaldev/DrIntl/faqs/Locales.mspx
http://www.microsoft.com/globaldev/reference/win2k/setup/concepts.mspx

pilau
31 May 2006, 17:44
As far as I know it was using time zone settings rather than language settings, and if you use common sense you find it's much more logical.

GoDxWyvern
31 May 2006, 19:56
Sorry to prove you wrong, pilau. I have changed my flag numerous times before, and I did it by selecting the respective country in the regional settings, like bonz described it. What a coincidence that I've been having the Indian flag for a couple weeks now. :p

pilau
31 May 2006, 21:27
Ok :)
Thanks for correcting me.

bonz
1 Jun 2006, 00:56
I first noticed this, when I wanted to try out the Japanese version of OnlineWorms and had to set my location to Japan to be able to install it.
When I went back to W:A, I got the Japanese flag.

thetopcybo
1 Jun 2006, 06:31
I have the timezone as GMT 5:50 hrs.....but according to numerous experienced users, the flag changes by the regional settings and win2000 (which i have) doesn't have india.....it has the latest Service Pack, SP4

thetopcybo
1 Jun 2006, 06:35
STill, isn't there ANY WAY I can just have the flag as India or Locale as India as my OS is not localized and I don't want mu computer to have the Indian Language Pack...I love English, thank u.

pilau
1 Jun 2006, 10:11
Well I remember there used to be a utility where you could change your WormNET flag. I think it was Silkworm. I don't know it works, though.

thetopcybo
2 Jun 2006, 17:58
Hey, now listen to this....I installed the lang. pack Indic.....That gave the locale Hindi(Indian Language) and not India...Isn't this an idiotic gkitch in the Windows....Now my location is Hindi, not India and the flag is still US

Lex
3 Jun 2006, 03:51
Like we said before, all you need to do is change the location setting, not the language settings.

(The full-sized image is in the zip file.)

Squiddle
3 Jun 2006, 04:25
Is that picture of winxp?
I'm using 2000 and I have no box saying 'location'..
I set 'locale' to "english(australia)" but it makes no difference.

Lex
3 Jun 2006, 04:45
Yes, I use Windows XP.

By, "it makes no difference," do you mean that it doesn't change your flag?

thetopcybo
3 Jun 2006, 15:31
Same here....i am using Win2000 and the format is different for the regional settings.....in the locale, i am able to select my language as hindi but there's no location with it like in English(US) and English(Australia).....Even my dates have turned into Hindi, signalling that the lang. pack was correctly installed Please Help

Lex
3 Jun 2006, 22:07
Ewww. Windows 2000 doesn't make sense there, then. :/

Squiddle
4 Jun 2006, 11:12
By, "it makes no difference," do you mean that it doesn't change your flag?

Yes, everything in regional options is on 'australia', but I still get an american flag.

Lex
4 Jun 2006, 11:15
Well, it seems the Windows 2000 "locale" is not the same as the Windows XP "location". Does any Windows expert here know the Windows 2000 equivalent?

thetopcybo
4 Jun 2006, 13:58
but google detects the hindi ocale as india and it shows me te indian version og google.....reckon this is due to the language pack????!!!???

Lex
4 Jun 2006, 14:26
Google is detecting that because your browser looks at your "locale" setting for its language option. Remember, on Windows, your "locale" is not the same as your "location".

KRD
4 Jun 2006, 14:27
Lex, Win98SE didn't have two seperate location boxes either. Since Deadcode made one's WormNet flag depend on the lower box [in XP] people have had to resort to using 3rd party programs to change the flag in older versions of Windows.

On the other hand simply changing the "Location" one makes things a lot easier for XP users. I can for example use the Croatian flag without getting the Croatian version of Google now.

As for 3rd party programs, something called "BaP" used to work, but it might have been shut down by now. Annelid and Megaworm made it.

Lex
4 Jun 2006, 14:30
There is actually a pretty easy way of changing your Worms flag with hex editing, but that involves getting around some security, so I'm not really going to talk about that.

thetopcybo
5 Jun 2006, 01:11
There is actually a pretty easy way of changing your Worms flag with hex editing, but that involves getting around some security, so I'm not really going to talk about that.
please mail me then.....

coolchum@gmail.com

but i noticed that with snooper, we can place our own flag...how's that....

remember to mail me

Lex
5 Jun 2006, 05:14
http://www.microsoft.com/globaldev/drintl/columns/009/default.mspx#EHF

Hmm. It seems Windows 2000 does not have the "location" variable, and therefore, can not have the flag set on it. You'll have to find some other method.

On the other hand, Worms is detecting a US location. I wonder where it's getting that info from.

thetopcybo
5 Jun 2006, 13:33
i think US must be the default flag...

thetopcybo
5 Jun 2006, 13:38
http://www.microsoft.com/globaldev/drintl/columns/009/default.mspx#EHF

Hmm. It seems Windows 2000 does not have the "location" variable, and therefore, can not have the flag set on it. You'll have to find some other method.

On the other hand, Worms is detecting a US location. I wonder where it's getting that info from.

thnx fer the link.....that w=explained it all..damn 2000 doesn't have a location.
ahh! good XP

bonz
5 Jun 2006, 17:39
You should change to XP then.

thetopcybo
5 Jun 2006, 19:46
i in fact had XP and did dual-booting but Xp created problems....and windows 2000 is more stable and fast

bonz
5 Jun 2006, 23:20
windows 2000 is more stable and fast
Faster perhaps, but definitely not as stable as XP.

thetopcybo
6 Jun 2006, 06:50
Win2000 is the stablest windows ever...

Seita
6 Jun 2006, 15:24
Same here....i am using Win2000 and the format is different for the regional settings.....in the locale, i am able to select my language as hindi but there's no location with it like in English(US) and English(Australia).....Even my dates have turned into Hindi, signalling that the lang. pack was correctly installed Please Help

Look at the screenshot you posted. You got a "Language settings for the system" area.

Click on "Set default" to select default language, hence your corresponding flag in Wormnet.

It took me quite some time to figure it out.

thetopcybo
8 Jun 2006, 02:11
Look at the screenshot you posted. You got a "Language settings for the system" area.

Click on "Set default" to select default language, hence your corresponding flag in Wormnet.

It took me quite some time to figure it out.
When selecting default language, it comes to English(United States).

And I already mentioned that my OS is not localized and hence India(which is not even present in the locale list) is not my defau;t locale...

Seita
8 Jun 2006, 08:42
What I meant was, that the game doesn't take info from your locale, but from your default language settings instead.

bonz
8 Jun 2006, 15:02
What I meant was, that the game doesn't take info from your locale, but from your default language settings instead.
This is not true with the beta patches. It takes the info from the location settings.

Seita
8 Jun 2006, 15:34
Not on W2k, from what I've seen.