PDA

View Full Version : The color scheme will go all screwy at random

RogerWilco
30 May 2006, 05:31
Seems to happen only when a new turn begins, and then only sometimes. It's actually a very frustrating problem because it happens way too often and I have to minimize the game screen and bring it back up again to fix it.

And sometimes I have to do this before I can make my move because trying to rope through Worms: Psychedelia is akin to playing paintball in heavy fog.

RogerWilco
30 May 2006, 05:33
Btw, I'm running it on XP, and I'm pretty sure I've played Armageddon on this computer without any problems before.

Dando
30 May 2006, 05:41
This is a common problem that crops up on these forums alot. It is usually caused by: Wrong format custom graves and flags etc or having a program with "always on top" running whilst playing the game.

Winamp and MSN can be main culprits. I get away with Winamp by simply minimizing it and turning off the "always on top " option.

Also make sure you have updated the game witht the latest patch beta 3.***

RogerWilco
30 May 2006, 06:25
How would I go about identifying problematic programs and fixing them?

It's not the custom graves/flags thing because I don't have any of those.

Lex
30 May 2006, 07:56
How would I go about identifying problematic programs and fixing them?You would check what programs are set to "always on top", including programs like Stardock's ObjectDock, Winamp, various IM clients, etc. Personally, I had a problem with a plugin for bbLean (Blackbox Lean, an Explorer replacement) called bbIconBox when I had it set to "auto hide". There are many programs that have features like this. You don't have to close the programs completely; just disable the erroneous feature(s) (Usually "always on top". The only other one I've found is "auto hide".).

RogerWilco
31 May 2006, 04:51
You would check what programs are set to "always on top"Uh huh, and how would I do that?

RogerWilco
31 May 2006, 04:56
For further clarification, there are no programs running in windows (as in minimizable windows, not the OS) except for my internet explorer (Juno) when I play Armageddon and the problem still arises frequently.

bonz
31 May 2006, 07:11
there are no programs running in windows (as in minimizable windows, not the OS)
Then have a look at the programs minimized to your system tray, i.e. the symbols next to your clock on the bottom right.