PDA

View Full Version : Do you still play shoppers?

pilau
27 May 2006, 09:49
I want back in the game... Didn't play Worms in 2 years, andI miss it now...
So I wonder, do you still play shoppers?

Run
27 May 2006, 10:04
Yes there are loads of them. They swarm wormnet like so many bees.

raffie
27 May 2006, 12:35
lol, Run doesnt like them much :D

Evil Bunny
27 May 2006, 15:15
ey raffie, where you been l8ly?

Yes people play lots of shoppa. Thought it looks like w2w has become more popular then shoppa it's self. Congratulations 2 starworms 4 it's invention.

Alien King
27 May 2006, 20:57

It's sad isn't it.

ShOwTiMe
27 May 2006, 21:27
sure thing they're playing it,nothing compares to a relaxed shoppa game with your mates! (that's my opinion)

Alien King
27 May 2006, 21:30
sure thing they're playing it,nothing compares to a relaxed shoppa game with your mates! (that's my opinion)

Have you ever played BnG?

KRD
27 May 2006, 21:46
Possible answers:

1) What's BnG?

2) BnG is boring, no flying trough the air like [insert-favourite-action-hero-here]! **** off.

But yes, it is sad how the youngsters never will grow to appreciate all the potential the game holds. Number one reason is there's not enough people calling them retarded monkeys for playing the same scheme on the same map 24/7.

They do, however, have rolemodels who tell them the only way to enjoy the game is by spending your entire day looking for league games and masturbating over the ranking you've acquired by getting people to sign up for the league and then beat them 40 times in a week.

Oh, sorry. I promised I wouldn't rant anymore. Bad karma.

ShOwTiMe
28 May 2006, 01:37
amen.....but 1st I know whats Bazooka and Grenade!2nd ya the newbies play to much shoppa but thats okay man cuz the ppl that will come back more often and often to wn will try all schemes after a certain time!

-there are ppl that only play for fun like my rl mates.....they want just a quick shoppa because there happens funny things and its not complicated!they dont care about fast roping and taps and nice roping tricks and leagues and about crazy roping ppl like Anub or someone else .....like some others ppl on wn....they just want to play shoppa and dont care about all the stuff,they come online like 10 times in a year....

-and than there are very interessted newbies like I was....I started like all the other newbies ...I played sometimes online and very much offline but its getting boring offline so I wanted to play online with other ppl that was more fun......so I started to play like 5 times in a month than more and more like 30 times in a month cuz I was interessted in the whole worms world and after some time I learned to play all the other scheme and I started to care about ppl and about skills in wn.....cuz I love this game....

thanks for taking the time to read all the trash I've wrote XD

DarkOne
28 May 2006, 09:17
poor KRuD, you must've played shopper with the standard shoppER (yes, ladies and gentleman, that's the spelling!) scheme

but wmdb and fb have much better schemes for it if you're looking for a game that's less dependant on luck. It's not so much about roping, but about using your weapons more efficiently now. Someone who claims that shoppers are about luck anyway will lose most games against someone who knows better nowadays

anyways, KRuD, stop ranting like a madman. It be a matter of taste.

and yes, I do play BnG and try to vary my shots almost every turn and without notching :P

Evil Bunny
28 May 2006, 10:31
Hmm, i'm one for shoppas and w2ws though. It's relaxing and fun above most other games. In 5 years i never got bored of shoppa, though i won't deny that many other scemes are also enjoyable, shoppa is just more openly available. And i can't say i get bored with it quickly. Well, depending on who's ass i'm kicking.

I'm no fan of BnG or Roper. They're just not as funny. Let's be honest what random things happen in them which can be fun? Convo's in those tend to be really boring, limited to lots of bl's and nd's.

Arguements against shoppa are a little lame in my oppinion. It's popularity is no arguement for it being bad.

KRD
28 May 2006, 11:18
Showtime, MarcOne: Wasn't having a go at the scheme there. Really! Especially the FB scheme of today is quite enjoyable on a random cavern map.

But you know that's not the way the majority plays it. And even if it was, it can't possibly be healthy [for an individual or for the community] when people play the same scheme on 3 or 4 of their favourite maps all day long, without ever once thinking about trying something "new" [quotation marks there because both Elite and BnG are older than Shoppers]; so that definetley takes you two out of my above rant, heh.

And that's seriously the trend I've noticed in the past year or so. People will actually join your game [called "Elite"] and start insulting you because the map you've chosen surely can't be a W2W. German, British, Spanish, Argentinean, Croatian ones alike.

So I would say yes, too much popularity, even if it's simply because one scheme is so much more fun than the others, isn't a good thing long-term. Already we've seen schemes die out because of it. Fort, for example, which was quite a popular scheme with ones that appreciated the random fun factor.

But so we've got WFW today and I love it as much as the next person. Still, I wouldn't want to see it grow popular enough to, say, make Battle Races obsolete simply because things go BOOM less often in them. Variety is good.

pilau
28 May 2006, 13:53
Don't you get me wrong, heh.
I used to play all sorts of schemes, from RR to T17.
But shoppa is really, TO-MY-*******-OPINION-DON'T-TAKE-IT-ALL-OH-SO-PERSONALLY, the most enjoyable.

I was the one who always shouted "normal plz!" on AG, and even invented my own style of game, although it failed to gain popularity (I would be very surprized if anybody here remembered "Minigun House").

Still, shopper is what other schemes aren't. Which is just plain action. And like Hip-hop (which I loath, no offence rappers) and the culture around it, which really is the very major trend these days around the western world, is just the same - you don't have to think too much to use/create it. In other words comparing Shopper to BnG or T17 is just like comparing LL Cool J to Pink Floyd.

Shoppers are mainstream, you get the hang of it quite quickly, it's no wonder it's so popular. I'm not comparing the everyday-roper ro the pros, but shoppas ain't so hard on your fingers.

Xinos
28 May 2006, 15:48
Shoppa is pretty fun, but I didn't play enough to keep up with the good players that well. Anyhow, havn't played Worms Armageddon at all for a couple of years..

bonz
28 May 2006, 16:04
shopper with the standard shoppER (yes, ladies and gentleman, that's the spelling!)
I prefer the spelling "shoppa", like in the cheat code "supa shoppa" from W:DC.
The Worm God is infallible.

ShOwTiMe
29 May 2006, 21:49
I have to tell you all that I enjoy a ShoopER ;) the same way I enjoy a good match of Team17,Elite and WfW,with mates like M3ntal,Fraggle,Nino,D1 and FFie,we had some awesome,tactical and funny matches! I just can't play a RopER ;) and have a bombing laugh cuz there never happens VERY funny things...it's all about roping and crazy speed and stuff.....sure it's impressive that a wormer can rope from left side ...collect a crate ....and rope to the right side .....and at least attack succesfully in 15 secs but thats something about......serious skill....about leagues and stuff...!Sure that I had some good RopER ;) matches but in another way like the other schemes I mentioned above!

We should do an interessting experiment,a meeting,of the guys who posts in here and really are interessted in this whole discussion,in #AG!Than we gonna play some different schemes and see which scheme is more laugh able!

Run
29 May 2006, 22:08
Like bees.

pilau
30 May 2006, 00:00
Like Bees?

Alien King
30 May 2006, 00:21

Bees indeed.

DaSzab
30 May 2006, 00:50
I want back in the game... Didn't play Worms in 2 years, andI miss it now...
So I wonder, do you still play shoppers?
I don't know about W2, but I know that WA is jam-packed with shoppas. Personally, I think there should be more normal and battlerace games, but I'll play a shoppa when I feel like it.

pilau
30 May 2006, 10:41
I don't know about W2

I didn't say "Worms 2", I said "(I) didn't play Worms in 2 years"

KRD
30 May 2006, 12:36
And no, there's practically no Shoppers played on W2.

pilau
30 May 2006, 12:49
And no, there's practically no Shoppers played on W2.

But there are homing cluster grenades.

KRD
30 May 2006, 12:52
But there are homing cluster grenades.

... that nobody uses, because all people play are Ropers and BnGs for Case's ladder. If you really want to play the quoting game, heh.

pilau
30 May 2006, 13:56
Yeah, I think. Didn't touch W2 for a long long long time, so..