PDA

View Full Version : How are points calculated?

jcikal
14 Sep 2005, 18:40
I've been playing WA for over a week, offline most of the time, and the 6 teams I have made (2 human, the rest are bots) have each accumulated points, but I was wondering how the program calculates the point accumulation. If one of the team members gets 2 kills for instance, how does that calculate into the total team point tally at the end? Is there anywhere in the program I can go to to tweak the points calculations? Thanks for any info.

bonz
14 Sep 2005, 19:25
Is there anywhere in the program I can go to to tweak the points calculations?
huh? of course not.

i have actually no idea how the points are calculated exactly, but being accurate when aiming, killing many worms gives you more points i would guess.

i have talked with deadcode about this, because he has the source code and should know everything that happens inside the game.
i suggested that he could give us more info about the points & the awards.

jcikal
14 Sep 2005, 19:46
Bonz, somehow I just knew you would be the person to best answer this thing (outside of Deadcode of course). And if the points calculations cannot be tweaked, even better since no one can cheat :)

But yes, a guide informing us on how to get the most points would be nice.

Djoszee
14 Sep 2005, 20:01
you can't tweak the calculations, but you CAN tweak your points. You need TeamEd for that. Go and dl it @ blamethepixel.com

bonz
14 Sep 2005, 20:05
you CAN tweak your points. You need TeamEd for that.
oh, i didn't know that.
maybe the points should be saved server-side too when ranking is back & secure. (though quite useless) :)

nmaycher
9 Oct 2006, 05:45
huh? of course not.

i have actually no idea how the points are calculated exactly, but being accurate when aiming, killing many worms gives you more points i would guess.

i have talked with deadcode about this, because he has the source code and should know everything that happens inside the game.
i suggested that he could give us more info about the points & the awards.

Just wondering if there has been any work on this? I've been wondering for 3 years now how the points are calculated in off-line mode (when me and my brother are playing in 2-player mode) and how awards are given.

Thanks

Nathan

Blitza
9 Oct 2006, 08:27
I've been playing WA for over a week, offline most of the time, and the 6 teams I have made (2 human, the rest are bots) have each accumulated points, but I was wondering how the program calculates the point accumulation. If one of the team members gets 2 kills for instance, how does that calculate into the total team point tally at the end? Is there anywhere in the program I can go to to tweak the points calculations? Thanks for any info.

Can i just say: Who cares how it works, as long as it does.

Plutonic
9 Oct 2006, 12:20
no you may not...

I dont think server-side support of the team points is worth while, they are offline only scores and having them server side would only mean that they wouldn't work without the internet, which is completely against the point of it being an offline mode!

The team points have no effect on the online ranks, never have and never will. The online ranking stuff will obviously be secure and stored on the server.

bonz
9 Oct 2006, 12:31
I dont think server-side support of the team points is worth while, they are offline only scores and having them server side would only mean that they wouldn't work without the internet, which is completely against the point of it being an offline mode!

The team points have no effect on the online ranks, never have and never will. The online ranking stuff will obviously be secure and stored on the server.
Ignore my previous post from over a year ago. :)

Still, a decent description of the points and awards calculations and requirements would be nice.
(If it only was for Run to make a new section on nanacide. :D)

Plutonic
9 Oct 2006, 14:52
doh! my bad for assuming that a thread i didnt recognise would actually be recent! Time to hunt down the reviver and burn them at the stake....

M3ntal
10 Oct 2006, 05:09
Can i just say: Who cares how it works, as long as it does.
nmaycher does. That's why he asked. Do you have to put in a lot of effort to be this stupid, Blitza?

Blitza
10 Oct 2006, 23:30
No i dont mental. You sure do know how too choose your names correctly.:p