PDA

View Full Version : The Fiddler Thread

XxDangerxX
18 Dec 2004, 06:20
CALLING ALL FIDDLERS!!!

All people who use The Fiddler come post here. This is the thread where you will be able to ask questions about options in The Fiddler that you're not sure of, share your fiddles and weapons modules, download other people's fiddles and weapon modules, give and recieve tips on making better weapons, and do all other stuff that you can think of regarding The Fiddler. One thing I am sure of, fiddlers love sharing Fiddler stuff to other fiddlers, I know I do! ;) So feel free to do so.

How To Get Fiddler Working On Windows XP

1) Backup your Worms Armageddon team file (Worms Armageddon\User\Teams\wg.wgt)

2) Uninstall Worms Armageddon. No, I'm not (very) crazy, you will want two installations of Worms Armageddon - one with fiddler and silkworm, and one with DCs new betas for playing on WormNET.

3) Now install Worms Armageddon again, into C:\Team17\WA Fiddler (actually it can be anywhere, just make sure the directory name tells you it's the one that has Fiddler and Antisilk). Make the start menu folder Team17\WA Fiddler, so it doesn't get confused with the other install you'll do in a moment.

4) Load W:A. In the main menu, hover your mouse over the Worms Armageddon logo at the top. The version should appear down the bottom. If it doesn't, or the version is LESS THAN 3.0.0.0, you need to get the 3.0 patch from ftp://ftp.team17.com/pub/t17/patches/pc/WAPatch.exe, and install it. If it says 3.0.0.0 (or something to that effect), you don't need the patch. If it says 3.0.5.0, you must have the Trymedia version, which is incompatible with The Fiddler. Sorry, but it's just bad luck.

5) Open Regedit (Start > Run > regedit.exe). Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Team17SoftwareLTD\Worms Armageddon. On the right there should a string value called PATH, with the value of wherever you install W:A to. Rename this value to FPTH. Close Regedit.

6) Now install Worms Armageddon again, into a different directory than the one before (the default one, C:\Team17\Worms Armageddon, will work fine). You can put DC's new betas on this, if you wish.

7) Download Fiddler 4 from ftp://ftp.team17.com/pub/t17/goodies/wa_fiddler40.exe. Open it, and tell it to install to C:\Team17\WA Fiddler (assuming that's were you installed the first Worms Armageddon, of course)

8) Download Antisilk from http://forum.team17.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=19214.

9) Unzip Silkworm.dll and Silkworm_patch.exe to C:\Team17\WA Fiddler. Execute Silkworm_patch.exe - It will automatically make a backup before patching. Note that it patches DXMfc.dll, not WA.EXE itself, in order to work on both the U.S. and European versions of the game.

10) If you don't have a hex editor already, download XVI32 from http://www.handshake.de/user/chmaas/delphi/download/xvi32.zip.

11) Unzip XVI32.zip to C:\Program Files\XVI32 (or wherever you put your programs)

12) Open XVI32.exe, go to File > Open, go to C:\Team17\WA Fiddler\Fiddler, and select fiddler.exe. Click Open.

13) You should now see a heap of hexadecimal numbers on the left, and incomprehensible ASCII on the right.
Go Address > Goto, make sure 'Hexadecimal' is selected on the left, and 'Absolute' for the 'Go mode', and type 94C2B in the little box. Click OK. Click on the '30' that is selected on the left-hand side. In the status bar, it should say Adr. Hex: 94C2B. While this number is selected, type in 38. - it should change it.

14) Now, go to Address > Goto again, select 'Hexadecimal' and 'Absolute' if they are not already selected, and type 8909A. Click OK. Now, click on the 'P' that should be selected in the right-hand side. After it, there should be an 'A', then a 'T', and on the next line a 'H'. This is Fiddler looking for where Worms Armageddon is installed. As we want the version withFiddler and Silkworm, change the 'P' to an 'F', and the 'A' to a 'P'. Now Fiddler will look for the 'FPTH' registry value, which points to the W:A directory with Fiddler and Silkworm. This allows both versions of W:A to co-exist.
Go to File > Save, and save fiddler.exe

15) Now, go Start>Programs>Team17>WA Fiddler, and click Worms Armageddon. A box should come up; this is Silkworm. Check on "Allow 2000/XP compatibillity", and "autorun worms armageddon". Click OK. Worms Armageddon should start. Now exit Worms Armageddon.

16) Start Fiddler, play around with settings or load someone else's Fiddle, click "GO", and W:A should start with fiddler! YAY!

This link (http://www.nanacide.com/wahelp/tpp-fiddler.php) should also be helpful.

http://www.nanacide.com/wahelp/tpp-fiddler.php

Chip
21 Dec 2004, 16:32
Even though I can't use the fiddler anymore due to thousands of reasons, I just like to point out this "

fiddlers love sharing Fiddler stuff to other fiddlers, I know I do! So feel free to do so.

You havn't put up any of your fiddler schemes to download, I thought you liked sharing.

Anyway, my weapon making days are over but I still like hearing ideas of what people have made for weapons. So could you list a few of your favourite weapons and a small description of what they're like and what they do? If thats too much then ignore me.
Some of my best weapons were: Grenade launcher and Virus link, the reast I have forgotton - I think that you should have some of my weapons so what do you think of them?

XxDangerxX
21 Dec 2004, 22:28
THANK YOU!!!

I was waiting for someone to reply first.
Well, here it is.

Any feedback, bugfix requests, or weapons suggestions, please don't hesitate to post.

You'll find enclosed a replacement of minetick.wav. For some of the weapons to work as intended, you will need to replace your current minetick.wav under Worms Armageddon\Data\Effects\Wav. The mine ticking will still work as normal in general circumstances. There were just some timing issues, that's all.

Enjoy!

MadEwokHerd
21 Dec 2004, 23:49
There was something I saw a long time ago called "Termite Swarm". Basically, you have a bomb exploading into a large number of clusters that make small explosions and home like a magic bullet. And they have the "shotgun clip" graphic.

AndrewTaylor
22 Dec 2004, 00:58
I make a great one once called Donkey-In-A-Bomb. Launched like a mortar, but instead of clusters being thrown back from the wall, a Concrete Donkey appeared with a slight upward velocity and no horizontal velocity. Then it bounced as normal. A donkey for a cavern map, with the added bonus that the mortar is none too easy to control in some circumstances so it's great fun in a game. How's that?

I haven't got a working copy of W:A, so I can't make it for you, but that's it anyway. Maybe someone else will.

XxDangerxX
23 Dec 2004, 21:37
Cool! I might try that.

Oh also, I wan to give credit to whoever made plasma canon and Golden Egg Launcher. They're in my scheme, but I don't know who to thank.

Also, I'm thinking of some more weapons, but all the slots are full. Anyone who has The Fiddler working, take a look at my scheme (you can put all the weapons at full ammo if you want) and give me some ideas of what to replace.

wccSplintr
24 Dec 2004, 10:43
Could you post some screenshots of some of these weapons in action? They sound cool but I could never use Fiddler schemes.

XxDangerxX
25 Dec 2004, 02:05
I can't; I haven't got Hypersnap installed. Someone else maybe...

Beefyhalo
1 Jan 2005, 20:55
Hey guys
I gots a problem.....
A while ago, I had Worms installed (win98) with the fiddler (woot!)
but i was forced to uninstall it....
Now i am running W:A on (winxp) and the fiddler won't work...

I think if I download it again, it will work....but I can't find it anywhere...

Can u guys help me out please?

thx :)

Akdor 1154
2 Jan 2005, 01:06
Hey guys
I gots a problem.....
A while ago, I had Worms installed (win98) with the fiddler (woot!)
but i was forced to uninstall it....
Now i am running W:A on (winxp) and the fiddler won't work...

I think if I download it again, it will work....but I can't find it anywhere...

Can u guys help me out please?

thx :)

[A Big llist of instructions was here, but xDx has kindly put it in his first post. Thanks.]

Chip
3 Jan 2005, 11:10
And that never worked for me becasue you need the american version of WA for this to work.

wccSplintr
3 Jan 2005, 18:06
And that never worked for me becasue you need the american version of WA for this to work.
I am soo glad you said that before I tried again :)

Akdor 1154
4 Jan 2005, 06:28
No, the UK version works if you patch it to 3.0.0.0 first. (NOT the beta2 3.0.5.0 patch)
OR the (australian?) battle pack version, which Fiddler identifies as pre-patched UK version.

XxDangerxX
10 Jan 2005, 22:44
Akdor 1154 you can get rid of the text now. I have put it into my first post.

I noticed I am the only one sharing my Fiddle(s). How about the rest of you? Also 1154, you should post your Goodies.fsc. I won't cause it's not my scheme.

Akdor 1154
11 Jan 2005, 23:44
Nope, sorry, I reformatted my hard drive a couple of months ago, and forgot to back it up (or forgot where I put the backup ;)). I think you might be the only person who has it now :). Post it, if you like.

I'm working on a new version, but it won't done for a while yet...

EDIT:: I just though of a memory of me using Dad's old computer to post a large (well, only 90kb :D) zip of all, yes that's right, ALL the fiddles from Wormsmart before it went down.
More news in a few minutes! :D

XxDangerxX
12 Jan 2005, 08:18
Okay then, here it is. At least I have your permission now. My dad's been studying copyright law and royalties law etc. etc.
I think his pedanticity is rubbing off onto me lol! :rolleyes:

Akdor 1154
13 Jan 2005, 04:13
Lol, my dad is into that stuff too :rolleyes:.

I've recently arranged the Halo theme for piano (:D), yes, with permission from Marty O'Donnell (the author) to post it on the bungie.net forums; no I'm making my own site I want to put it on that, and he said "no, that's not enough, you need to ask permission for that too".

Quite annoying.

The actual file is has kindly been temporarily hosted at ftp://halo.bungie.org/halotheme.zip, if anyone's interested ;)

It's in PDF, and the zip has both the original version and the extended version.

And yes, I know that had nothing to do with the Fiddler :p

wccSplintr
13 Jan 2005, 18:04
I can play Halo on the piano now! Cool! Nice one!

XxDangerxX
16 Jan 2005, 07:09
Okay, can we get the subject back to The Fiddler now? Is there no-one who has any fiddles? Weapon Modules? Questions?

nothing?

bonz
16 Jan 2005, 14:20
i couldn't get wa running with silkworm/fiddler!
i followed the instructions but nothing...
what's that with the versions?
because i have the german/european one

Gazamundo
16 Jan 2005, 17:19
the same happened to me, i followed the instructions perfectly and all i got at the end of it was "cannot find W:A registery" how do u over come this problem? did i miss something out?

bonz
16 Jan 2005, 17:33
i just get a standard windows error message reffering to a memory location

Gazamundo
16 Jan 2005, 17:39
its annoying huh? u do all that crap just for an error message, which u have no idea how to solve. i just wish it was straight forward cuz fiddler looks great fun. can any1 give us help?

Akdor 1154
17 Jan 2005, 02:37
I did it and it worked fine... maybe I posted the wrong offsets... wait a bit, I'll check.

EDIT: Are you sure XVI32 said "ovr" and not "ins" in the status bar? You needed to overwrite the values, not insert new ones.
It sounds like you both have different problems that result in the same thing - W:A not working. I'll look some more.

'W:A Registry Error' seems to say there is something wrong with Fiddler not being able to find W:A. In Fiddler, try clicking 'Manual Load', and then loading W:A (the unpatched version) yourself.

It should also probably be noted that on all versions except the original european 1.0 release, custom water colour data is NOT included in the game, and as the data is on the CD, as of yet there is no way to put it in. If you try to use custom water on a version that doesn't have the necesary (yukky spelling, I know), the game will crash at about 1/4 of the pie loading screen, when going from the frontend into the game.

bonz
17 Jan 2005, 03:04
the version.txt in my ..\Data\Resource folder on the cd says i have version 1.05e
and i have the 5 diffrent water colours (blue, green, purple, red, yellow) in my ..\Data\Water folder on the cd!
problem is i can't start worms with anti-silk!
i didn't get it from the link provided above, though...

double post edit

Are you sure XVI32 said "ovr" and not "ins" in the status bar? You needed to overwrite the values, not insert new ones.
gotta have to check on that...
i remember that there was a discrepancy of a square block on the right...

XxDangerxX
18 Jan 2005, 04:31
Lol, I guess this thread became more than I planned! Oh well, call me when you all get The Fiddler working!

Maybe when you do it, we can have a comp where someone will suggest a weapon idea and the person to create the closest match to that suggestion wins.

NeoTOM
18 Jan 2005, 06:11
Wait... Team17 hosts the Fiddler?

XxDangerxX
18 Jan 2005, 10:42
What are you talking about?

Akdor 1154
19 Jan 2005, 00:10
Yeah, they do.
I suppose they're taking a more lenient approach to mucking around with their games. And it can't be used to cheat on WormNET, so I don't think they really mind.

AndrewTaylor
19 Jan 2005, 12:45
I expect the Fiddler's sold a few copies of W:A on its own. Makes sense to make it easy to find.

Xenesis
23 Jan 2005, 07:00
Whee. Thanks so much for telling me how to get the fiddler to work in XP. I've missed it since my laptop stopped working properly.

Now, I'll share one of my lovely creations with you.

The Lottery:
This weapon replaces the Mad Cow, or anything in row F11.

It's an airstrike that'll land where you click.

What will happen? Wait and find out! It could merely sizzle with an impotent pop, or you could have another chernobyl on your hands!

Enjoy!

PS. Both the link to Silkworm and the Xiv-whatever Hex editor were broken, I had to spend about an hour googling to find a working silkworm link,

Patrick_
23 Jan 2005, 17:12
Hey guys, I can't find AntiSilk. The website is down. Anyone have some Linkage to where I can find it?

wccSplintr
23 Jan 2005, 21:03
Whee. Thanks so much for telling me how to get the fiddler to work in XP. I've missed it since my laptop stopped working properly.

Now, I'll share one of my lovely creations with you.

The Lottery:
This weapon replaces the Mad Cow, or anything in row F11.

It's an airstrike that'll land where you click.

What will happen? Wait and find out! It could merely sizzle with an impotent pop, or you could have another chernobyl on your hands!

Enjoy!

PS. Both the link to Silkworm and the Xiv-whatever Hex editor were broken, I had to spend about an hour googling to find a working silkworm link,
Could you post a replay the Lottery in action?

Xenesis
24 Jan 2005, 03:25
I wasn't aware that version 3.0.0 could save replays. Wasn't that added in the DC betas, and thus in versions not compatible with the fiddler? Or did I miss something?

SargeMcCluck
24 Jan 2005, 03:38
You're right, it was wccSplintr that missed something. ;)

XxDangerxX
24 Jan 2005, 05:08
You should install hypersnap or hypercam. (www.hyperionics.com)
Preferably Hypercam. Then you can show us it in action!

Xenesis
24 Jan 2005, 06:36
I don't understand how to use it..all it does is make WA crash..

Regardless. a <10kb weapon module is easier to see how it works rather than a 2mb movie, or whatever it would take.

I can't even get it to record a regular thing either. :(

So, in the meantime, I'll put up another of my creations...the Pneumatic Drill

While bearing the same name as the tool, expect the unexpected. Your enemies wont. Just wear your hard hat!

;)

Guy_From_I
24 Jan 2005, 10:03
Hmm, new Fiddler thread. Well, give me a couple of days to see if I can dig up my Fiddler stuff. I always thought a Fiddler archive should be set up somewhere, but I currently don't have the time to do such a thing. Maybe in the near future...

wccSplintr
24 Jan 2005, 21:50
You're right, it was wccSplintr that missed something. ;)
Oh yeah, my mistake.

Akdor 1154
24 Jan 2005, 21:53
Once I get my Egag Music (Halo) site running, I might just put up a Fiddler page on that :D

The hosting site is great -
One measly banner, easily blocked with an ad-blocker.
3GB bandwidth.
PHP/MySQL.
100MB space.

The only bad thing is a 500kb limit to files, but that shouldn't be a problem if we're only putting up Fiddles and Wep modules.

Whoa, j0e's site's had a makeover... ;)
Wait a sec, I'll find another link...

Dearie me, I couldn't find one.

Oh, wait, it's only 71kb!
AT (or t17), you don't mind this being up here, I hope?

beaver2009
24 Jan 2005, 22:10
I still get the "This site is still under consstruction" (www.worms3d.net) message.

Patrick_
24 Jan 2005, 23:21
Thank you!

XxDangerxX
4 Feb 2005, 04:03
Ok, so...

What exactly does this Silkworm do? I don't want to have to go loooking through the whole text file to find out.
Also, what is this whisper/anon spying thing mentioned in there?

double post edit

No-one has answered my question.
Also, has anyone gotten The Fiddler working yet?

Akdor 1154
4 Feb 2005, 06:25
Yeah, me :p

The original Silkworm (3.x) had whisper and anon spying. Silkworm 4.12 (called AntiSilk, for obvious reasons) got rid of these cheats, and added a feature to disable the cheats on anyone else you play on WormNET. It was also out before the first NT compatability patch, making it an essential for any NT(/2000/XP) people wanting to play W:A. It (antisilk) is now almost redundant, having all it's features implemented in the new betas (which is an absolute huge coincidence, seeing as they were both made by Deadcode ;)). AFAIK getting Fiddler to work is it's only use now.

XxDangerxX
5 Feb 2005, 04:59
Anyone else got The Fiddler working?
I was thinking that if a few people got it, I could run some comps for the best weapon etc. etc. etc.
Points up for grabs. Have you seen the amount of points I have? (Written in my sig) Got nearly all of them from the one competition. I would probably have the record for the person with the most points awarded in the one competition... Who knows? That historical event could very well be repeated. Someday, people will be battling it out for hundres of points. The perspective changes, you see.

canofworms
5 Feb 2005, 08:19
I still get the "This site is still under consstruction" (www.worms3d.net) message.
http://web.archive.org/web/20031203004801/www.worms3d.net/index2.html
Go here for a archived version of the page.

wccSplintr
5 Feb 2005, 11:29
I was thinking that if a few people got it, I could run some comps for the best weapon etc. etc. etc.
Points up for grabs. Have you seen the amount of points I have? (Written in my sig) Got nearly all of them from the one competition. I would probably have the record for the person with the most points awarded in the one competition... Who knows? That historical event could very well be repeated. Someday, people will be battling it out for hundres of points. The perspective changes, you see.
Yeah, but someone could always make a competition for 100000000.... points for the first person to say "Hey!", so, uh... Dunno what my point was now but... yeah.

beaver2009
5 Feb 2005, 14:10
Yeah, but someone could always make a competition for 100000000.... points for the first person to say "Hey!", so, uh... Dunno what my point was now but... yeah.
Kind of like yor sig giving away points, eh?

Akdor 1154
6 Feb 2005, 00:24
Zeke, are those the points you gave yourself in the 'Biggest damage' or whatever it was called thread?

Xenesis
6 Feb 2005, 04:40
Yep. Why'd you think I was posting weapons? :p

wccSplintr
6 Feb 2005, 21:37
Kind of like yor sig giving away points, eh?
ARR!!! You fool, your the second person to give it away!!! :rolleyes: Ill just have to lie low till it all blows over...

XxDangerxX
7 Feb 2005, 10:25
Zeke, are those the points you gave yourself in the 'Biggest damage' or whatever it was called thread?

Yes. And keep in mind, I EARNED them.

NemesisS
15 Feb 2005, 09:28
last time i tried fiddler wouldnt work but im trying again, for some reason :|

link to the hex editor dont work so: http://www.handshake.de/user/chmaas/delphi/download/xvi32.zip

:)

Edit: got it to work, just noticed what i did wrong last time which i wont mention

but it dont load the anti silkworm screen it did before when fiddler didnt work, its not a problem but its quite odd

but err, fiddler works! hehe

Muzer
23 Feb 2005, 16:58
Worms 2 [Full] - Yes! It's true! Worms 2 is now freeware! If you don't believe me, check out this nice AD sponsored by Team17. This is the game that started the online play. It's still a very active internet community and there are competitive ladders and such. In this game, there are some different weapons, like cloned sheep, homing clusters, and homing strikes. Also, you can point the rope straight down! This game is tested and works on the internet. If you are using DirectX 9, you will be unable to join or host internet games, but most people aren't, and it's easily reversible. (This is the same case in the real worms 2 cd as well) To check your DirectX version, click Start, then Run, then type "dxdiag" in the box. So, if you've always wanted to try this game, now's your chance. I hear there's also a legal version of W:A out there that's free too, and I'll try to find that. Have lots of fun with this one, but still play w:a!

OMG!!!!!!!

SuperBlob
23 Feb 2005, 16:59
Worms 2 [Full] - Yes! It's true! Worms 2 is now freeware! If you don't believe me, check out this nice AD sponsored by Team17. This is the game that started the online play. It's still a very active internet community and there are competitive ladders and such. In this game, there are some different weapons, like cloned sheep, homing clusters, and homing strikes. Also, you can point the rope straight down! This game is tested and works on the internet. If you are using DirectX 9, you will be unable to join or host internet games, but most people aren't, and it's easily reversible. (This is the same case in the real worms 2 cd as well) To check your DirectX version, click Start, then Run, then type "dxdiag" in the box. So, if you've always wanted to try this game, now's your chance. I hear there's also a legal version of W:A out there that's free too, and I'll try to find that. Have lots of fun with this one, but still play w:a!

OMG
Linkage please?

Muzer
23 Feb 2005, 17:01
http://web.archive.org/web/20031210211002/http://www.worms3d.net/programs.html
(proper version currently down)

Deathwing
23 Feb 2005, 18:25

can someone give me a link to download the fiddler and if it need it i will also want a link to required files pls

Lawd
23 Feb 2005, 20:52
Hey, I can get the fiddler to work, though I don't actually play W:A anymore... it got boring... *sees forumers staring at him* what? I'm still a big fan of the game... What? *sees forumers take various weapons out* Oh, D*MN AND B*GG*RY! *Activates Frost Armour and legs it*

Patrick_
23 Feb 2005, 22:45

All of the darn downloads redirect to some Buddy Icons page... :)

bonz
27 Feb 2005, 22:44
archive.org does only archive webpages...
(not even all the pictures most of the time)

Lokira
2 Mar 2005, 01:50
Hi I've been working on trying to get this to work. All is good so far except when I finished all the steps, slik didn't give me either of the two options in the dialog box, but other ones. Then when I went to run Fiddler, it says cannot find W:A directory, even though I did the regedit and hex edit.

THne I noticed that the regedit value had swithed itself to the 2nd instalation path. Then when I changed it back to "FPTH" it still didn't work. Any help?

XxDangerxX
2 Mar 2005, 21:15
Okay, look at HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Team17SoftwareLTD\Worms Armageddon

Tell me what the path is.
Also tell me what the path is that you have actually installed W: A in.

Lokira
2 Mar 2005, 22:23
Okay, look at HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Team17SoftwareLTD\Worms Armageddon

Tell me what the path is.
Also tell me what the path is that you have actually installed W: A in.

It is FPTH like the guide says to change it to. But, after I installed the second copy, this value changed back to the path of the new installation:

D:/Programs Files/Worms Armageddon/

the fiddler copy is in
D:/Programs Files/Worms Armageddon Fiddler/

XxDangerxX
3 Mar 2005, 04:26
That's funny! When I moved Worms Armageddon from C:\Team17 to C:\Games\Team17 I had to change the registry entry manually! All I can say is change it back. I probably won't be able to help you any further unless you give me a detailed explanation of your situation. And I can't guarantee that I'll be able to help you even then.

fakeemail
13 Jul 2005, 10:59
Hey i was wondering where can i get the silkworm41a2.zip the site doesnt exist anymore and i cant find it Please help!

bonz
13 Jul 2005, 16:55
check in this thread:
http://forum.team17.co.uk/showthread.php?t=22649
it's the newer thread about fiddler.

Sheisse
2 Jan 2006, 21:35
"15) Now, go Start>Programs>Team17>WA Fiddler, and click Worms Armageddon. A box should come up; this is Silkworm. Check on "Allow 2000/XP compatibillity", and "autorun worms armageddon". Click OK. Worms Armageddon should start. Now exit Worms Armageddon."

I've done everything correct so far, but then when I try to run WA.exe from the WA Fiddler directory, or from the Start menu, nothing happens...

If anybody could help me, I would be very pleased :)

Thanks!

Sorry for my english...

Muzer
3 Jan 2006, 09:51
"15) Now, go Start>Programs>Team17>WA Fiddler, and click Worms Armageddon. A box should come up; this is Silkworm. Check on "Allow 2000/XP compatibillity", and "autorun worms armageddon". Click OK. Worms Armageddon should start. Now exit Worms Armageddon."

I've done everything correct so far, but then when I try to run WA.exe from the WA Fiddler directory, or from the Start menu, nothing happens...

If anybody could help me, I would be very pleased :)

Thanks!

Sorry for my english...
check in this thread:

Anne
4 Jan 2006, 06:35
fudgeboy actually made a version of the fiddler that works with the DC beta versions of W:A. i have an idea he doesn't want me giving it out, though. it's configured like a doomsday device, meant to expire after a time... you have to set your windows' clock and date back a year or two or it will tell you the beta testing period is over. i still have it around somewhere. it isn't any different than the original fiddler, i almost don't see the harm in handing it out, it would save everyone here a lot of trouble and registry modification, but i'd prefer to ask fudgeboy first.

Akdor 1154
4 Jan 2006, 07:51
*GASP*
You mean, Fudge Boy's still ALIVE!?

Deadcode
4 Jan 2006, 08:10
Annelid, please tell Fudge Boy that I'd really appreciate a full spec of the Fiddler .fsc format... not knowing that completely is the only thing holding me back from implementing the opening of .fsc's just like .wsc's from within WA. (If I reverse engineer the format, I'll surely miss something and it's likely that somebody's .fsc will not be supported properly.) And with that implemented, not only will Fiddling be possible, but it'll work seemlessly online and replays will work with Fiddled games.

Anne
4 Jan 2006, 08:56
i wish i could help but i never could figure out even exactly what the fiddler did. looking through assembly was never my thing i guess.

i have no idea if james is still around, i'll try contacting him and we can only hope for the best.

Sheisse
4 Jan 2006, 12:23
check in this thread:
Thanks very much Muzer, I will take a look around there :)

Alien King
4 Jan 2006, 14:31
*GASP*
You mean, Fudge Boy's still ALIVE!?

i doubt that, but you never know....

Ed Webb
5 Jan 2006, 22:03
James Heather, aka Fudge Boy, is alive and well, and is currently working in Surrey University. You can e-mail him from his home page (http://portal.surrey.ac.uk/computing/people/J.Heather) on the site.

Alyssa
21 Feb 2006, 03:47
I did everything that you said but at the end I didn't get the silkworm popup.

Also I can load the version with Fiddler but I cant load the other one... My harddrive is divided in 2 (C & D) and I have the fiddler version installed at d:\team1\WA FIDDLER and the normal version installed at d:\team17\Worms Armageddon.... The one I have in my start ->programs->team17 will not load..I don't even get the TEAM17 startup screen when I click. It says it found an error and had to shutdown.

What can I do?

Lex
21 Feb 2006, 04:12
d:\team1\WA FIDDLERDoes this strange path (with "team1" in it) have anything to do with your problem? Did you make that typo all over the place and paste it here, or is the typo just limited to this post?

Alyssa
21 Feb 2006, 06:15
Does this strange path (with "team1" in it) have anything to do with your problem? Did you make that typo all over the place and paste it here, or is the typo just limited to this post?

Sorry that was just in this thread... The real path is of course Team17 ...

...Also how do I change my default language? I'm stuck on the Danish-Pyrus and I can't seem to change it (sorry for the questions but I'm completelely new to Worms Armageddon).

Dave4207
22 Feb 2006, 01:08
Hey wuts up guys,

I know the answer is probably here somewhere in this post, but im gonna ask anyways, for simplicity:

i have worms armageddon, ive installed the lastest patch, so its updated and everything...

anyways, im just wondeirng where to download a fiddler where i can get all the weapons without having to do all that bull****...

and once i find out where to download it, how do i install/work it?

ANY info would be helpful, thanks a lot...

-dave

Anne
22 Feb 2006, 02:17
unfortunately there is no quick fix. someone could probably write a few registry patches, but you still need to make two installs.

i wish my hard drive hadnt crashed in early 2004, i had a beta version of fiddler 4.1 james heather was working on, and it worked on the updated W:As. not much about it was changed.

bonz
22 Feb 2006, 07:54
i had a beta version of fiddler 4.1 james heather was working on, and it worked on the updated W:As
Oh, no! :(

Dave4207
23 Feb 2006, 02:11
sooo anyone know where i can get the fiddler?

bonz
23 Feb 2006, 02:54
sooo anyone know where i can get the fiddler?
Have you read the first page of this thread? :rolleyes:

Dave4207
23 Feb 2006, 15:29
yeah kinda but it seems very confusing, im not very computer literate..
it doesnt make much sense to me.. can anyone dumb it down?

bonz
23 Feb 2006, 16:17
yeah kinda but it seems very confusing, im not very computer literate..
it doesnt make much sense to me.. can anyone dumb it down?
Well, it won't get any easier.
It's already a step-by-step instruction.

Muzer
23 Feb 2006, 17:44
We want fiddler beta, anne!

Lex
23 Feb 2006, 19:46
He lost it in a hard drive failure. Ask Fudge Boy.

Dave4207
24 Feb 2006, 23:55
ok so word.. i read over this entire thread, and i kidna get it now...

but from my understanding some of the links dont work.. would anyone mind posting active links of ALL the files needed for this?

it would be MUCH appriciated
thanks

bonz
25 Feb 2006, 01:47
some of the links dont work
http://www.nanacide.com/wahelp/fiddler.php

Dave4207
25 Feb 2006, 21:55
hey bonz man i reali appriciate that thanks a lot buddy

Mnftg64
5 Mar 2006, 18:03
yeah, i think someone should make a fiddler version that works easily with XP, i'm so not gonna go through all that just to use it.

bonz
5 Mar 2006, 20:14
yeah, i think someone should make a fiddler version that works easily with XP, i'm so not gonna go through all that just to use it.
The Fiddler DOES work with Windows XP.
It only doesn't work with the latest beta updates.
Version 3.0 is the latest it does work with, but wich only works in WinXP by the use of the Silkworm patch.

The rest of the work is for having 2 seperate installs to be able to ply both versions.

XxDangerxX
8 Mar 2006, 04:39
Do you have any friends that are computer literate?

XxDangerxX
6 Apr 2006, 01:24
Good news: I got The Fiddler properly and entirely working on XP-64, Just thought I'd tell you it's possible. This does not, I repeat, does NOT make me retract my statement against XP-64. I still stand by my instruction: DO NOT get it.

Fnord
8 Apr 2006, 23:30
Okay, I've got a interesting problem for anyone whose willing to tackle it.

I've used fiddler for a while. I can probably make some weapons for those of you who don't have it (I just discovered this thread. If that was a long time ago, nevermind.) I AM running windows 98 on my home desktop, but i understand all about how to run it on XP. XP is not my problem.

My problem is that Fiddler will NOT work unless WA as actually been INSTALLED on the computer first. I starting trying to get WA to work on the computers at school for a week or so. Finally, what I discovered was that by taking all of the program files from my home computer, .rar-ing them into an .exe, uploading the .rar to my school provided private drive (which is accessable remotely much like a server), and then extracting all the files to the only un-protected section of the C: drive on the locked desktops at school, I could run it, with the CD, rather quickly off of the C: drive. Using silk, 3.0 works fine on the XP's. But Fiddler doesn't work. I says to install WA again. Due to how the privileges are established on the computers, I cannot install anything like WA. And when I choose Manual Load, it will work until:

Found handle of W:A...
Found ID of W:A process...
Opened process...
Prepatched UK version...
Wrote new data...
Closed process handle...

...but everytime, it fails to make the final connection. The "Done" step. Does anybody have any ideas? Thanks.

Oh, and I'll post some of my Fiddles some time soon...if anyone wants them (they aren't terribly sofisticated).

[UFP]Ghost
9 Apr 2006, 00:23
post em :D

Corvus
23 Apr 2006, 08:48
Hey guys,

I'm new to this forum, and I'm dead-new to all this stuff about silkworms and fiddlers and stuff...

Basically, from reading these last 4 pages of this thread, I take it that the 2 copies of WA are needed only if you intend to play online?

If so, what if I don't want to play online? (but still would like to play on a LAN?) would I still need the two copies?

Basically, I've downloaded fiddler v4.0 and silkworm.

This is what I've done so far.

1) Installed WA version 1.0 to c:\games\WA\

2) installed WA update patch to version 3.0

3) installed fiddler to c:\games\WA\Fiddler\

4) installed silkworm to c:\games\WA\

5) Opened "Silkworm_patch.exe". Nothing happens. Opened up cmd and noticed that it patched the .dll so apparently it did its job. Although didn't some people say that silkworm actually has an interface of some kind?

6) changed registry entry 'path' to 'fpth' as instructed in the first page of this thread.

7) tried to open worms armageddon. This is the error I get.

"The instruction at "0x5cb761b1" referenced memory at "0x00483fe2". The memory could not be "read". Click on OK to terminate the program. Click on CANCEL to debug the program."

What on earth am I doing wrong? :( I just want this thing to work.

bonz
23 Apr 2006, 14:14
Installing 2 versions of W:A is only done because The Fiddler only works with game versions up to v3.0.
v3.0 doesn't work on XP though, so you need Silkworm.

If you don't play over the Internet, i.e. you don't need the latest beta version (v3.6.26.5), you don't need to install 2 version and you don't need to do the registry editing (for creating 2 paths) nor the hex edit.

Your steps 1 to 5 were correct, just leave out step 6.

You should get a small window (where you actually activate the Win2k/WinXP compatibility) from Silkworm when you start W:A.

Here's the tutorial in a better understandable form:

Corvus
24 Apr 2006, 04:46
Hey guys,

No go. It just doesn't wanna work. I've followed the instructions to the T and I still keep getting that friggen error msg.... I'm about to lose my patience...

Seboran
27 Apr 2006, 19:07
Alright, I'm having trouble running WA. I'm following the info on the WA Information Repository, but even after I run the patch bringing it to 3.0.0.0, it won't run. I need the update to get it to work on XP, right? But if I get it updated, I can't use The Fiddler? Seems like I'm missing something.

This is the error I'm getting, by the way:
"The instruction "0x5cb7603a" referenced memory at "0x00483fe2". The memory could not be "read""

And the FAQ says 'maybe you're missing the update' which I am because I want the Fiddler. Any help?

bonz
27 Apr 2006, 20:00
Seems like you miss the whole point of this FAQ.

Fiddler only works up to v3.00, but v3.00 won't in WinXP.
Using the beta update won't work with the Fiddler, this is why you use Silkworm, which also provides Win2k/XP compatibility.

The thing with the registry edit & hacking the fiddler .exe is needed if you want to have a version with the latest update too.

Read again.

Seboran
27 Apr 2006, 20:13
Ah, I learned that JUST after I posted, sorry, mate. However, for whatever reason, no Silkworm window appears. In one of the other threads, someone mentioned you may have to install silkworm 3.5 beforehand. Any suggestions for either of those problems?

bonz
27 Apr 2006, 22:00
someone mentioned you may have to install silkworm 3.5 beforehand
Yes, I read that. It obviously worked for that guy.
I never needed to do that though. v4.12 always worked.

Lex
28 Apr 2006, 01:15
Silkworm 3.5 and 4.12 are pretty much totally different programs. 3.5 is a cheat program, while 4.12 is the opposite.

Seboran
28 Apr 2006, 04:41
Well, for whatever bizarre reason, installing both 3.5 then 4.12 worked like a charm, and I'm totally psyched I get to use fiddler again! Thanks!

Corvus
29 Apr 2006, 08:43
Hey Seboran, looks like you and I both had the same problems.

and all you did was install two versions of silkworm?

Could you please post the URL where you found both these versions? I assume you installed the earlier version first, then the later version, correct?

DAN72588
29 Apr 2006, 11:40
Hey Seboran, looks like you and I both had the same problems.

and all you did was install two versions of silkworm?

Could you please post the URL where you found both these versions? I assume you installed the earlier version first, then the later version, correct?

i only know where version 3.5 is here you go http://rapidshare.de/files/19093468/silk35.zip.html

adamrog20
30 Apr 2006, 15:29
In a nutshell, what is a fiddler?

It sounds really interesting, but the requirements seem huge.

bonz
30 Apr 2006, 23:38
In a nutshell, what is a fiddler?
A powerful tool created by Fudge Boy that let's you edit tons of settings, lot's of hidden settings and also create "new" weapons with all the features available in game.
Weapons like cloned sheep, homing strike & cluster, bible bomb & worm strike are also available again.
Customised games are also possible (like with the WWP mission editor).
It sounds really interesting, but the requirements seem huge.
Not really.
Just follow the instructions:

Corvus
2 May 2006, 05:13
i only know where version 3.5 is here you go http://rapidshare.de/files/19093468/silk35.zip.html

sorry but this doesn't help as I already have the latest version. I'm having the same problem as he is and since he fixed it by applying the older version, then the new one, I need to get the older one first.

Lex
2 May 2006, 12:40
3.5 is the older version, though it has absolutely nothing to do with this.

bonz
2 May 2006, 12:50
If you would have read this page, you'd have seen download links to all needed tools & programs.

And yes, Silkworm 3.5 is not needed for this.

Seboran
3 May 2006, 23:10
you're both wrong, 3.5 has worked for at least two people. saying it doesn't work is asinine, because it does, but in the VAST majority of cases it is not needed.

Lex
4 May 2006, 16:33
What do you think Silkworm 3.5 does to make it work? I know a lot about Silkworm, and version 3.5 really has nothing to do with getting WA to work in Windows XP. What else did you do between installing Silkworm 4.12 and WA 3.0 working in Windows XP, other than installing Silkworm 3.5?

Das BrÜce
7 May 2006, 19:59
The Link for download silkworm 4.12 doesnt work anymore! work it with 3.5 ???

XxDangerxX
8 May 2006, 01:05
Um, yeah sorry about that that's an old link. I haven't gotten around to changing it, but I'll do it now.

EDIT: Done!

bonz
8 May 2006, 01:34
Um, yeah sorry about that that's an old link. I haven't gotten around to changing it, but I'll do it now.

You could also add this link to the first post:

XxDangerxX
8 May 2006, 01:53
Done!

hmm...

Das BrÜce
8 May 2006, 12:38

EDIT: Done!

OK Thank You!

XxDangerxX
9 May 2006, 08:17
For those who don't know of the "How to get the fiddler working on Windows XP... post your fiddles here." thread, I have an updated version of my latest fiddle. It can be found here (http://forum.team17.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=27571&d=1147158708).

XxDangerxX
11 May 2006, 06:11
Problem: I can't get my little locusts to collect the crates, no matter what I do. Can someone try to fix this? I'm stumped!

EDIT: Whoops forgot to atach the fiddle

Satanic
3 Jul 2006, 04:02
Can anyone tellme how to record WA games on fiddler?
I know that the latest patches records games, but i want to record them on fiddler.

The only way i can test, is to record games with FRAPS, but the WAīs FPS going down and the game is unplayable.

Please help me with this.

EXCELENT THREAD!

SEE YOU.

MadEwokHerd
3 Jul 2006, 05:03
There was a version of Fiddler that Fudge Boy was working on for the beta patches before he gave up. It mostly worked, probably. Um.

Did anyone remember to shamelessly leak that? I don't think I have a copy anymore.

Shane
3 Jul 2006, 09:31
Hey, I need some help. My situation is a bit complicated, but I'll try to convey it best I can here and hopefully one of you can help me. It all started with my WA disc. Basically, I lent it to a friend and he must have scratched it a hell of a lot, because it's really buggy now. What exactly is wrong with it, I don't know...but I do know this; when I try to install straight from the disc with absolutely no worms data already on my computer, it makes no reaction whatsoever. In taskmanager, sometimes WA.exe and a program called wowexec.exe will load up, but they do nothing and usually delete themselves after a moment. So I did what any impatient person unwilling to buy a new CD would do; I downloaded a torrent with a .rar of worms. I installed that, executed my CD, and lo and behold, it was able to install from the CD as well. So it would seem there is some file that my particular CD can't execute itself and needs the help of a file already on my computer. Anyways, I installed the patch and tried to play, but it did the same thing as before...which was nothing. I then tried installing the DC updates, and THOSE made it work. So great, I can play WA no trouble using a sort of hybridization of my CD and a torrented setup.

What I want to do is use Fiddler.

Now, I can and have done nearly everything on that list. However, step 15 is what stumps me here. Since I can't execute a version of the game that is simply patched but not updated, how am I going to have silkworm bump up those last confirmations for me? Is there a file I can edit, or does someone have another solution? I tried executing WA through Fiddler without doing that and it works fine, except for one problem...Fiddler doesn't actually change anything. So I'm assuming the problem lies with my inability to complete step 15. If any of you spotted something else I missed, then please, point it out.

Thanks in advance to any kind person who can help out!

bonz
3 Jul 2006, 21:16
Fiddler doesn't actually change anything.
Have you set the ammo for your fiddled weapons?

Shane
3 Jul 2006, 22:42
Yes, and I've also loaded other peoples' fiddles. The problem lies with Fiddler not actually executing, it seems[When I click "GO!" it'll say "Waiting for W:A...Starting W:A..." and that's it. Is it supposed to do that, or is it supposed to confirm that it's loaded? Because WA executes, but Fiddler doesn't take effect.]. I can't play version 3.0.0.0, it is simply unresponsive when I click it. Therefore, I can't do step 15 here, which is to run WA.exe in the WA Fiddler folder, in order to bump up the Silkworm confirmations. Or are those even necessary?

In simple terms: Silkworm isn't fixing V3.0.0.0's ability to run on my XP system, and I don't know why. I can't execute WA.exe V3.0.0.0.

Satanic
6 Jul 2006, 03:13
Please tell me where i can find this fiddler version, or what version number is it.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

evilworm2
9 Jul 2006, 20:38
Please tell me where i can find this fiddler version, or what version number is it.

THANK YOU! <- one exclamation mark (or exclamation point for the americans) is enough

Are you stupid or canīt you read?
From the very first post:

7) Download Fiddler 4 from ftp://ftp.team17.com/pub/t17/goodies/wa_fiddler40.exe. Open it, and tell it to install to C:\Team17\WA Fiddler (assuming that's were you installed the first Worms Armageddon, of course)

Satanic
10 Jul 2006, 20:55
Sorry Evilworm2, But It Seams The Stupid Are You.

Iīm Looking For A Fiddler Version That Enables You To Play With Beta Patches, The 4.0 Version Havenīt Support For It.

Can Anybody Help Me?

Thank You.

SuperBlob
10 Jul 2006, 20:59

Oh the burning irony

bonz
10 Jul 2006, 22:40
1) Sorry Satanic, But It Seams The Stupid Are You.
2) Déjā vu, anyone?
3) Anyway, who seams what?
Iīm Looking For A Fiddler Version That Enables You To Play With Beta Patches, The 4.0 Version Havenīt Support For It.
4) Satanic, do you have any idea why this thread actually exists? :rolleyes:
5) Why would we need to go through all the hassle of installing two different versions of the game if there was a Fiddler version working with the beta patches?
6) Back to point 1, please!
7) P.S.: Rumor has it that there is the source code of a Fiddler version which might work with the beta patches. It is hidden in the Ark of the Covenant. Or written on the bottom of the Holy Grail.

CyberShadow
11 Jul 2006, 05:47
http://wiki.thecybershadow.net/The_Fiddler

Neoworm
12 Jul 2006, 03:54
I have a problem...

Everything has worked perfectly right up until the end. Silkworm doesn't have a box for windows XP compatibility mode OR for Autorun Worms armaggedon. The boxes give the following choices

Fix 200/XP/mouse wheel bug
Disable fading between full-screen dialogues
Automatic /nospy at beginning of every game
Automatic /nosilk at beginning of every game
Enable Custom hosting abilities
Force rope-knocking Locally
Instead of 1024x768 use [XXXX]x768

It is silkworm version 4.12a

Thanks if you can help =D

Squiddle
12 Jul 2006, 11:33
Apparently "Fix 2000/XP/mouse wheel bug" is windows compatibility mode.
That should probably be written in the instructions, to make them clearer...

bonz
12 Jul 2006, 21:30
Apparently "Fix 2000/XP/mouse wheel bug" is windows compatibility mode.
Yes.
That option has to be ticked to make it work.

Neoworm
13 Jul 2006, 03:44
Excellent, thank you very much =D

Can you test the sounds before you use them? Or do you only get the name/description?

Satanic
13 Jul 2006, 04:25
Sorry, but a canīt join to your page.

Please helpme.

Thankyou.

Satanic
13 Jul 2006, 05:12
I join your site, but canīt download the 4.1 version.

Can u send me it?

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!

CyberShadow
13 Jul 2006, 05:33
4.1 is not a public version, and probably will never be released. That is the will of Fudge Boy and Deadcode. End of discussion.

Coolio145
15 Jul 2006, 13:28
The link does not work! Is there another? because I reaaaallly want the stuff you said was on there...:( :confused:
edit:does ANYONE have another link? :(

Dizzy777
12 Nov 2006, 18:53
damnit, it doesn't work. I dunno why. when I install worms v 1001 it says it cant load because I have XP. when I put on v 3000 patch.... game seems to be loading but nothing happens. why? doh..

XxDangerxX
12 Nov 2006, 22:21
Well that would be because you aren't using Silkworm.

...or did you just forget to mention that part?

bonz
13 Nov 2006, 00:54
This tutorial is obsolete. Get the new Fiddler version 4.01.
http://maz.me.uk/wormsmart/

I guess Ed Webb or someone should write a new one though.

iWorms
12 Apr 2009, 04:51
Hey, i've recently got the fiddler working and i'm making some weapons, but i've bumped into a little problem...

I'm trying to make a some sort of Multiple Grenade Launcher:D. I've done everything needed to make it work, but the problem is once i fire the weapon it explodes allright but the angles are way off, and i can't fix it.

I've tried to set the Ejection angle to -1 and the Dispertion angle also to -1.
But once I did that it worked like a charm, when I fire the gun to the left all the grenades went left, but when i fire to the right all the grenades go left... Isn't there any way to fire both ways correctly without the messed up angle?

I just made a quick picture in paint what im trying to do...

Any help would be appriciated.

Ed Webb
12 Apr 2009, 20:31
Hey iWorms,

The reason it's not working is due to a bug in the implementation of the ejection angle in the game. The -1 setting only works when it impacts an object. When it's set to explode after a short space of time, if it hasn't touched another object, by default it sends clusters to the left.

Fiddler isn't able to change game logic in this way, so sadly it isn't possible to create the Multiple Grenade Launcher. There is a program called Project X (http://www.worms-px.ru/) (info (http://worms2d.info/Project_X)), which implements the same weapon features as Fiddler, and works with the latest version of W:A. However, it too isn't able to change the game logic.

CyberShadow and/or Deadcode could change the game to allow this. It wouldn't affect the existing weapon settings if implemented correctly. I'm not sure they would do this for a third-party add-on, though.

Have fun with creating weapons. :)

iWorms
12 Apr 2009, 20:41
Thnx for the info Ed Webb,
I've found a temporairly solution to the problem: I've made 2 weapons, one that fires to the left correctly en one that does the opposite. But that isn't really convienient...

And BTW Project X seems the same as the fiddler, are there any more features that the fiddler doesn't have?

Ed Webb
12 Apr 2009, 21:52
You're welcome. Project X includes all of the weapon settings, along with the ability to create programming scripts, which give you a high-level of control of what happens in the game, and add new sprites to the game. You can also add new weapons, instead of having to replace existing ones.

There are a few things Fiddler can do that PX currently doesn't, such as having weapons for individual teams, custom settings for individual worms and events (though in theory scripting should cover this).

I would recommend Project X above Fiddler because it can be used to play online using the latest version of W:A, though it currently doesn't support existing Fiddler files, which has limited its takeup somewhat.

XxDangerxX
15 Apr 2009, 16:51
Holy Cow! How come no-one told me that a program like Project X existed? This is cool! Shame I can't load my many home-made Fiddles into it, though. :-(

Does it load weapon modules?...

Ed Webb
15 Apr 2009, 23:14
At the moment, not yet, XxDangerxX.

Though Fiddler's closed source, Fudge Boy was offering the code freely to anyone who requested it. Entuser (who makes Project X) would need to contact him about this, if he hasn't already done so.

If there's more interest, I may contact Fudge Boy again, about hosting the source code. Then someone with more knowledge about programming could create a converter, if they're interested.

ahmfad
31 Jul 2010, 01:07
can some body plezzzzzzzz help
I want worms Armageddon 3.0 us that works with the fiddler

note: I have windows vista

gemedet
26 Aug 2010, 01:14
It says on the Fiddler description page that its functionality will be added to the game itself. Is that still happening with the next beta update (v3.6.30)?

lDarKl
26 Aug 2010, 10:20
Fiddler support is planned for the new scheme format, which will come with WA 4.0 as far as I know. :)

Undefined
26 Aug 2010, 14:05
Fiddler support is planned for the new scheme format, which will come with WA 4.0 as far as I know. :)
http://worms2d.info/The_Fiddler#Future_plans
PX does that with .pxs format.

SubNuclear
2 Sep 2010, 03:26
I have followed the steps on the OP word for word, but even though I have followed all the directions, it says that it can't find the registry. What did I do wrong?

bonz
2 Sep 2010, 10:13
I have followed the steps on the OP word for word, but even though I have followed all the directions, it says that it can't find the registry. What did I do wrong?
The instructions and file versions in the OP are obsolete.
Use these: http://worms2d.info/Fiddler

SubNuclear
2 Sep 2010, 16:53
The instructions and file versions in the OP are obsolete.
Use these: http://worms2d.info/Fiddler

I did that and it worked. My first fiddle is under way as we speak. I have changed the cluster bomb to a single meteor that explodes into fragments that also explode.

Chip
2 Sep 2010, 17:27
I haven't used the fiddler since the days of Windows 98 and I can still remember some of most greatest weapons but all fail in comparrison to my beloved nail bomb.

A grenade that explodes into 90 clusters, showering from a full 360 degrees around the explosion, coating all land and even hitting in the smallest gaps around. The clusters used the Longbow's arrow image and the grenade used the homing cluster image. It was a really fun weapon - throw up really high then take shelter, ready for the shower of arrows that would soon fall.

However, it could be exploited by placing it on a worm in a very tight area so all the clusters explode right around the poor worm, but not all would ever hit. I think the highest recorded damage from that was around 500.